Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiwil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I have bought and installed springtomize 2 on my iphone 5.

It doesnt seem to be working correctly.
Five row icons and five row dock settings arent working. but coverflow dock does.

Now is this just me or are other people having this issue with springtomize 2 on an iPhone 5?

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Did you flip the switch to enable 'custom number of icons' in those two locations? You can't just set the number, you have to flip the switch too.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
5 row and 5 dock icons work on my IOS 6.1 4s but 5 icons in the app switcher and removing the battery icon from the status bar do not.

skiwil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Did you flip the switch to enable 'custom number of icons' in those two locations? You can't just set the number, you have to flip the switch too.

:eek:its just me. completley forgot about those switches!! thank you. embarssed now:rolleyes:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Those settings work for me but I did find two other settings that don't work. I'm on a 4S on 6.1 obviously. I like to have my multitasking tray start in editing mode plus I disable the jittering. That's how I've always done it. But on 6.1 if you have the "start in editing mode" option turned on you can not open apps from the multitasking tray any more. You can only close them. The other issue I'm having is, I can not remove the battery from the status bar. Everything else I have chosen to hide in the status bar is working correctly. The only thing I can't hide is the battery. Is anyone else having these issues too? Thanks everyone! Hopefully an update will fix them.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Same issues with app switcher as all of you.

BTW, does anyone know if its possible to put in a custom string for time AND date in the statusbar?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
here too, i cannot get more than 4 icons across a page (i CAN get 5 rows).
AND have 5 icons in the dock.... also, camera icon doesn't do anything on the lockscreen... but i can live with all of the above for now, EVERYTHING else seems to work.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
The brightness toggle in the app switcher doesn't work either. It makes the volume controller adjust the brightness instead of adding a new slider.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
here too, i cannot get more than 4 icons across a page (i CAN get 5 rows).
AND have 5 icons in the dock.... also, camera icon doesn't do anything on the lockscreen... but i can live with all of the above for now, EVERYTHING else seems to work.

On my 4S the setting for 5 icons in the dock works fine. Not sure if you are saying that the setting does not work for you but I just wanted to let everyone know that it does indeed work for me. Still having my original 2 issues though. I've tried messing around with different settings and can't seem to get them to work. I'll just be patient for an update to fix the problems. It's not a deal breaker for me.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
On my 4S the setting for 5 icons in the dock works fine. Not sure if you are saying that the setting does not work for you but I just wanted to let everyone know that it does indeed work for me. Still having my original 2 issues though. I've tried messing around with different settings and can't seem to get them to work. I'll just be patient for an update to fix the problems. It's not a deal breaker for me.

yeah, odd... on my 4S, i cannot get more than 4 icons across (outside of the dock, which works).

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
yeah, odd... on my 4S, i cannot get more than 4 icons across (outside of the dock, which works).

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you said the 5 icon dock setting wasn't working correctly. My mistake. I am having the same issue as you.

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
cant get the battery icon to hide, anyone wanna give it a shot and let me know if its just me?

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
For some reason my badges don't show up when an app is in a folder. When I open the folder the app is correctly badged, but when the folder closes the folder badge doesn't appear. I've tried toggling all of the badge switches that i can find. Anyone else see this happen too?

celticfc482

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2012
I have downloaded one "Springtomize 2 ios5+" from cydia. Once its installed and i go to the home screen it this, this version does not support this IOS. I thought it did work on IOS6.1 on a 4s. Any idea where I am going wrong?

channelinspire

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Dallas, TX
Just want to add that springtomize 2 isn't working for everyone. I can't get out of safe mode with it enabled at all. I even disable all the tweaks and it still won't let me out of safe mode.

I have removed everything but that and it still happens. I guess I'll try it again in the future.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I have downloaded one "Springtomize 2 ios5+" from cydia. Once its installed and i go to the home screen it this, this version does not support this IOS. I thought it did work on IOS6.1 on a 4s. Any idea where I am going wrong?

Just want to add that springtomize 2 isn't working for everyone. I can't get out of safe mode with it enabled at all. I even disable all the tweaks and it still won't let me out of safe mode.

I have removed everything but that and it still happens. I guess I'll try it again in the future.

Very weird...I have had no issues at all (except for the battery-hide mentioned above).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

happened to me; had to try a few things:
reboot
disable springtomize
enable it, reset it's settings.

then..finally...a few tweaks at a time. something was causing issues, but afraid i don't remember which tweak...have been going nuts all day (and all my REAL WORK will have to happen tomorrow :D )

try it again, try some of what i suggested, i DID get it working...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.