Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
I'm trying to setup PgkBackup to use DropBox and I'm stuck on the "Select where to store your data" screen. Looks like there's a notepad-like display over the "apply" or "Ok" button.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.PNG
    IMG_0135.PNG
    104.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
Latest update of PkgBackup (2013-02-11) is broken for me. During app launch, while scanning, it's hanging on "Processing <Voice memos> data". Had only 1 voice memo 26secs long...still hanging after deleting it.

Last edited:

Evilmonkee42

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
Been more than a week now with no new updates to PkgBackup. Still not working for me. Same issue noted above with hanging on voice memos.

I'd just like to know if the developer is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. Has anyone been in contact or have contact info?

I really want to update to the latest ios version to hopefully fix my batter/exchange woes. I like PkgBackup because you can individually select what you want to restore.

Evilmonkee42

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
Hmm, will have to check on that. I did pay for the app a long time ago. Maybe when reinstalling after jailbreaking it somehow installed a cracked version.

*update* - Nope, installed package is the current paid version 5.3.2 from BigBoss. Checked release notes and it says v5.3.3 has not been released yet. No mention in the notes from current version about a fix to this particular issue.

I'm going to uninstall/reinstall again. Anyone know the location where any residual files(like prefs) might be stored. I want to make sure that nothing is left over from uninstall(if possible) before installing again fresh.

Last edited:

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
Been more than a week now with no new updates to PkgBackup. Still not working for me. Same issue noted above with hanging on voice memos.

I'd just like to know if the developer is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. Has anyone been in contact or have contact info?

I really want to update to the latest ios version to hopefully fix my batter/exchange woes. I like PkgBackup because you can individually select what you want to restore.

I've contacted the dev...here's his response which worked for me:

reset the app.

FAQ: http://www.pragmatixconsulting.com/iphoneApps/FAQ.html

make sure ur internet is active.

Basically, go to Settings->PkgBackup and scroll to the bottom and toggle "Reset all settings"->Activate to "ON".

Evilmonkee42

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
jp I could hug you!

That totally worked! Makes sense that only a few have this issue. Some setting must have gotten screwed up in the restore/jailbreak. Didn't realize that reset feature existed.

Feel so much better about updating to 6.1.2 now. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.