Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Communism looks great on paper as well. But is it? Not really. That cheap price doesn't seem to equate to the device's abilities very well. Seems like the makers went really cheap on some parts.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Look up some reviews; they're not very favorable. In certain cases, the saying "you get what you pay for" is very true. This is one of those cases.

Edit: I just realized the reviews were for the original Almond. I would still be very wary of the new unit.

Last edited:

poloponies

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2010
I was reading the press on the Almond+ yesterday, but I have no plans to automate my house. OP, you might want to look at the original Almond if all you need is a router: http://www.amazon.com/Securifi-Almond-Wireless-Extender-Booster/dp/B0087NZ31S/

It's also available to purchase right now. Personally, I'm waiting for an updated AEBS with 802.11ac.

I already own both an Airport Extreme and Time Capsule, so I'm covered. I was just impressed by the feature set/price on the Almond+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.