Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
hi
quick question :
is it normal to have a black dash like rectangle on desktop 1 in mission control in mountain lion imac 2012 ? it doesnt show on the clicked desktop, only when i go into mission control

I've never noticed it before and its bugging me a bit lol ..

thanks for a swift answer

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
hi
quick question :
is it normal to have a black dash like rectangle on desktop 1 in mission control in mountain lion imac 2012 ? it doesnt show on the clicked desktop, only when i go into mission control

I've never noticed it before and its bugging me a bit lol ..

thanks for a swift answer

anyone ?

fungus

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
@unclefungus
No iMac here, but I don't know what that would be. Can you post a screenshot? Maybe someone will recognize what you're seeing and be able to help.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
No iMac here, but I don't know what that would be. Can you post a screenshot? Maybe someone will recognize what you're seeing and be able to help.

sure, heres a screenshot ,, i noticed its on both my imac and air

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 20.15.03.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 20.15.03.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 172

WrrN

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
That's odd. It looks like a dialog box from an Adobe app (because of the dark color). I don't have that on mine with an empty desktop.

Check for running apps/processes in the background that may cause this. Can you read what it says on that "dash"?

I wonder if there's a place to find Mission Control cache files to get a closer look at that image.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
That's odd. It looks like a dialog box from an Adobe app (because of the dark color). I don't have that on mine with an empty desktop.

Check for running apps/processes in the background that may cause this. Can you read what it says on that "dash"?

I wonder if there's a place to find Mission Control cache files to get a closer look at that image.

i cant read any writing .. looks like blurry dashes of white,

it also doesnt let me swap desktop 1 around in mission control like desktop 2 3 4 etc

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm guessing a hidden window from some running app. If its not an Adobe app, see if its Mozilla or one of the Mozilla apps (I seem to recall one of them often had a "hidden" window open in memory).

Does it occur on a fresh boot with no apps running? Check anything that may auto-start, too.

2bcool2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
please mark as solved

I'm guessing a hidden window from some running app. If its not an Adobe app, see if its Mozilla or one of the Mozilla apps (I seem to recall one of them often had a "hidden" window open in memory).

Does it occur on a fresh boot with no apps running? Check anything that may auto-start, too.

thanks for your help, i started closing down start up apps and the culprit was mailcue ... its an app that no longer exists, so probably doesnt play well with mountain lion .. thanks for the help ... for some reason was really bigging me lol !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.