Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Dunno if those are real specs of the case cause the phone itself has similar specs. iPhone 5 specs directly from Apple:

Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)

The case would be like using Saran Wrap.

They all seem doable. The length is really close but maybe wanted to really make the slimmest water proof case like they claimed at ces

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
They all seem doable. The length is really close but maybe wanted to really make the slimmest water proof case like they claimed at ces

Somehow I highly doubt those are the specs of the case with the protection it's supposed to have. If its only as thin as a piece of paper in length,thickness. & width that wouldn't protect anything especially with having a Glass screen, but that's JMO. Don't think it would be mil spec in any way.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Somehow I highly doubt those are the specs of the case with the protection it's supposed to have. If its only as thin as a piece of paper in length,thickness. & width that wouldn't protect anything especially with having a Glass screen, but that's JMO. Don't think it would be mil spec in any way.

How do you get it would be the size of a piece of paper? The way they are talking it up seems they are looking for the overall smallest and most protective case for the iphone. I guess we will see if it ever makes it to release.
http://www.imore.com/incipio-shows-ultra-protective-atlas-case-iphone

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
How do you get it would be the size of a piece of paper? The way they are talking it up seems they are looking for the overall smallest and most protective case for the iphone. I guess we will see if it ever makes it to release.
http://www.imore.com/incipio-shows-ultra-protective-atlas-case-iphone

Have you seen what .03 higher of an inch is especially for length? Or even .1 bigger for the width? Get a ruler you'll see what I mean. You wouldn't even see the diff. Look at the bottom of the case with that charge port door, that doesn't look like a mere .03 of an inch added onto the case. But who knows, we'll see when Incipio actually announces the specs. BTW look at every Incipio case on Amazon... All the specs are exactly the same for all their iP5 cases.

Last edited:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Have you seen what .03 higher of an inch is especially for length? Or even .1 bigger for the width? Get a ruler you'll see what I mean. You wouldn't even see the diff. Look at the bottom of the case with that charge port door, that doesn't look like a mere .03 of an inch added onto the case. But who knows, we'll see when Incipio actually announces the specs. BTW look at every Incipio case on Amazon... All the specs are exactly the same for all their iP5 cases.

I agree, I dont understand why these companies cant announce the things right away I mean why show it off if it isnt going to be ready for a month or so at the earliest?

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
I agree, I dont understand why these companies cant announce the things right away I mean why show it off if it isnt going to be ready for a month or so at the earliest?

They want to get you interested so you don't buy one that is already out and you wait for them. It is all about money, they want it more than the others :eek:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
They want to get you interested so you don't buy one that is already out and you wait for them. It is all about money, they want it more than the others :eek:

Yeah well the longer they wait and the more waterproof cases come out, I begin to lose interest and spend money elsewhere. I mean I am liking the griffin survivor+catalyst, so whichever comes first is getting my money. If i was the company I would want my product out asap, because most wont wait to buy the case, they will get something that is out now like the lifeproof for example.

Releck97

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
The owner of Accessoryking.com made some phone calls while I was on hold and found that Incipio has retracted their expectation of a February release. They would not say why. He did say that their back-order requests are through the roof. Bummer...

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013

Because they had to unveil it at CES.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Because they had to unveil it at CES.

Why did they "have to?" If it wasn't ready, they didn't "have" to do anything.

----------

The owner of Accessoryking.com made some phone calls while I was on hold and found that Incipio has retracted their expectation of a February release. They would not say why. He did say that their back-order requests are through the roof. Bummer...

Doesn't surprise me at all. They should have just waited since clearly the case is not ready to be sent out and announced it closer to when it would be available.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
Why did they "have to?" If it wasn't ready, they didn't "have" to do anything.

Do you know what the CES is for? It's not open to the public.

It's a trade show where companies (eg. Otterbox, Incipio, Griffin, Speck, etc.) can make product previews and product announcements/presentations. It's a way to get the word out to the media, bloggers, tech sites, etc. that they have a product(s) in the pipeline that will be coming out soon.

It's a way to get publicity and coverage for whatever products they're currently working on (think SEMA, a show for automobiles, but for consumer electronics). In turn for the publicity, the news site or blogger will distribute whatever information/footage they get to the public. That will hopefully result in interest and buzz for pre-orders.

Last edited:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Do you know what the CES is for? It's not open to the public.

It's a trade show where companies (eg. Otterbox, Incipio, Griffin, Speck, etc.) can make product previews and product announcements/presentations. It's a way to get the word out to the media, bloggers, tech sites, etc. that they have a product(s) in the pipeline that will be coming out soon.

It's a way to get publicity and coverage for whatever products they're currently working on (think SEMA, a show for automobiles, but for consumer electronics). In turn for the publicity, the news site or blogger will distribute whatever information/footage they get to the public. That will hopefully result in interest and buzz for pre-orders.

I know it is not for the public, but like anything else, if they make people wait too long they will just move on to something else. Most normal consumers are not going to wait for a case to come out, or even know about it if it is not out when they go to buy a case.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I know it is not for the public, but like anything else, if they make people wait too long they will just move on to something else. Most normal consumers are not going to wait for a case to come out, or even know about it if it is not out when they go to buy a case.

Go to their FB page and complain about it. You clearly don't have any patience and think or can run the company.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Go to their FB page and complain about it. You clearly don't have any patience and think or can run the company.

Clearly don't have any patience? Last I checked if your product isn't out and another similar product is the "normal consumer" is going to go with product B. This isn't a phone or something that people will wait for. And who said I don't have patience? Maybe you just have a hard time comprehending, in my previous posts I was talking about "normal consumers" you know the ones who don't visit sites like these and don't even know about the case. But yeah you clearly know so much:rolleyes:

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
this has become a joke between Griffin/Catalyst and Incipio

The next iPhone will be announced before these cases.

It reminds me of the Belkin Thunderstorm, just came to stores and works with iPad 2 and 3.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
Just got an email from Incipio.

upusyry2.jpg

Edit:
Incipio also uploaded a teaser for the Atlas (was this teaser even necessary? :confused:)

http://youtu.be/9qsaOEaxJBE

Last edited:

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Official dimensions for the Atlas.

The ATLAS™ Case is 5.37” (136.34mm) L x 2.66” (67.56mm) W x 0.62” (15.75mm) D and weighs 2.24 oz.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Wow! What a let down!!

Looks like I'll try the armor and if the Griffin Catalyst case out soon I might try it but I think I'll pass on the Atlas unless it gets amazing reviews or if the next iPhone is the same style as the 5.

The warranty on the case and phone that was such a big deal might not be such the deal maker it was before, especially if people upgrade devices every year

Also, did we need such the "Announcement coming next week" just to tell us we can preorder it in two weeks.

Big SMH

Also...EXPECTED TO SHIP EARLY Apirl...they are a month behind their first expected date and now they can't even say it will ship early April? Wow

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Here are the official specs found on their website http://atlas.incipio.com/?utm_sourc...er_Announcement2_21_2013&utm_medium=email#faq

What are the dimensions of the ATLAS™ Waterproof Case and how much does it weigh?

The ATLAS™ Case is 5.37” (136.34mm) L x 2.66” (67.56mm) W x 0.62” (15.75mm) D and weighs 2.24 oz.

Shorter than the LP Fre but the width and diameter are a smidge bigger.
LP Fr dimensions: 5.4” x 2.6” x 0.5” / 137.5 mm x 67.1 mm x 12.2 mm*

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.