Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Took your advice and ordered one. Looks like I should get it either today or tomorrow. I'll post pics...

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
awesome looking froward to hearing your thoughts too. Any feedback on delivery times for those living in Canada/USA?

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Love the case. The only thing I don't like us that the sound quality isn't so great. Anyone consider taking off the dust protection tape? Other than that, the case is beautiful! I'll post pics soon.

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Removed sticker where speaker is, sounds 10x better now. The only issue with the case is the speaker on top. They use black tape. When you remove the tape, you see that there are some areas where the light shines through. I'll add done tape tomorrow to fix that. All in all, it's still real nice. Pictures to follow..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 186

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Removed sticker where speaker is, sounds 10x better now. The only issue with the case is the speaker on top. They use black tape. When you remove the tape, you see that there are some areas where the light shines through. I'll add done tape tomorrow to fix that. All in all, it's still real nice. Pictures to follow..

I had some sound quality issues with calls. Where is this tape located? Do you have to unscrew the case to take it off or can you do it while its on? Thanks for the initial impressions and pictures :)

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
You need to take the case apart. When you look at the underside of the glass, you'll notice a piece of tape on the top where the speaker is. You can simply remove that tape and it will only make the speaker (headset) open to the front. Like I said, you will notice a few clear spots when you remove it, but you could always reattach a small amount of black electrical tape if you want. I have a black iphone, so it's not noticeable when the case is on. I have to say that once the tape was removed, the case is the best I've had to date and I have had all of them; lifeproof, element case, rokform, otterbox and speck. This is by far the best!!!

----------

If you look at my Pic 3, you want to remove the tape on the backside of the top speaker (headset).

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
You need to take the case apart. When you look at the underside of the glass, you'll notice a piece of tape on the top where the speaker is. You can simply remove that tape and it will only make the speaker (headset) open to the front. Like I said, you will notice a few clear spots when you remove it, but you could always reattach a small amount of black electrical tape if you want. I have a black iphone, so it's not noticeable when the case is on. I have to say that once the tape was removed, the case is the best I've had to date and I have had all of them; lifeproof, element case, rokform, otterbox and speck. This is by far the best!!!

----------

If you look at my Pic 3, you want to remove the tape on the backside of the top speaker (headset).

Okay thanks, I'll check that out when I get home. Glad you like the case, told ya it was good :D

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Also, I received the case in Florida in 6 days!!!

Thanks for the info on timeframe :)
Awesome pics and thanks for the heads up about the tape.
I for one appreciate everyone's picture uploads and info on this thread. Mine has been in transit almost three working days now so Im hoping it gets over here to Toronto in that 6-7 day timeframe too.

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Just a little rainbow. You can make it a little bit less by loosening up the screws on the sides. I will be trying an anti-glare (matte) screen protector. Right now I have a standard clear screen protector on. I believe that using the anti-glare will help. I will let you know...

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Case is already falling a part. As you will see in my pics, if you take the case apart more than a few times, the female end of where the screws go in, have come off. This is not indicative of a quality case. I have requested a new case. I hope this doesn't happen for all of you but if you look at the pics, I don't know how it won't happen to the rest as the screw seats are not physically molded into the plastic body...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Pic 2. Notice that where the female ends (seats) are supposed to be are now just empty holes!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 165

Phillly2

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
I'm sorry. They actually came off the top of the case. See pic. If you look at the others, they are barely attached.. Notice the 2 bottom ones are missing. I thought it was the female end, but after looking more closely, the top frame is made poorly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 173
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.