Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
I'm thinking about writing an email to the recruiter who sent for my hireright info and where it was sent back to. It has been over 2 weeks since i sent my hireright BRC and over a week and a half since it has come back and still nothing. Any insight on this?

RubyRed

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks appleEater1. I thought it was odd to wait after being told to look for it. I was able to email the recruiter. I'd rather wait than receive the dreaded "thanks for playing" email, but I don't want to miss out because an email was misdirected or overlooked.

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello all, I'm new to this thread and have read most of the pages, but have not seen my specific question. I'm a candidate for the 3/18 class and had my second interview last week. At the end of the interview, I was told that I was being recommended for a third interview and to check my email for the link to set up the time. I have not yet received the email to schedule the third interview and it's been several days. Has anyone else had to wait long after being told they're getting forwarded to the next stage and to look for the email?

I waited 2 days for the email and then I emailed the recruiter and just made it sound like it may have been my fault that I missed it or may have deleted in error blah blah blah :p and she sent the scheduling email out to me the following morning.

Last edited:

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I think it's because you don't have enough tabs open. haha j/k:D

16gb of RAM, why not? :p

----------

New to the forum. So hey all. Like SO MANY have already said, I have read most of this forum. Not all of it, too many pages. I dont want to reiterate a lot of what people already said, so I just wanted to give some new perspective.

Couple things I notice diff. with my process then others.

i DID NOT post a Cover Letter at all.
I have NO PROFESSIONAL PC/MAC trouble shooting experience. I do have a good amount of Customer Service experience from working at Verizon.

I applied. A month later, questionnaire. then 3 PHONE interviews. Not a single facetime or skype interview. Then on the day of the 3rd interview I got my HireRight email. thats where Im at now.

Not worried about the background check as I was recently in the military and have no residence issues or otherwise.

Just wanted to post some (what I feel is)relevant information.

Look forward to a career at :apple:

Also, im going for March 18th training class.

It took a month to get the questionnaire? I'm a little more relieved now... although I still doubt I'll get it :(

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
I'm thinking about writing an email to the recruiter who sent for my hireright info and where it was sent back to. It has been over 2 weeks since i sent my hireright BRC and over a week and a half since it has come back and still nothing. Any insight on this?

No news is good news just be patient you know the position doesnt start until March, So be easy. I am very aware of the anxiety and excitment but if you already did the brc and you havent gotten a thanks for playing email chances are your good.

I think the waiting period is a patience test just to see how easy going your personality is or if your one of those gotta have it your way burger king junkies. LMAO

Ok the patience thing might be a stretch but you get the gist. certain situations you want to show your on top of things and diligent (one thing was communicated to you but something else happened) after the brc your not in control anymore.

If the start date was quickly approaching I would say its appropiate to reach out at this time dont let the anxiety take control yes it would be great to know for sure that your in, but you know for sure that your not out. Just my $0.02

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
No news is good news just be patient you know the position doesnt start until March, So be easy. I am very aware of the anxiety and excitment but if you already did the brc and you havent gotten a thanks for playing email chances are your good.

I think the waiting period is a patience test just to see how easy going your personality is or if your one of those gotta have it your way burger king junkies. LMAO

Ok the patience thing might be a stretch but you get the gist. certain situations you want to show your on top of things and diligent (one thing was communicated to you but something else happened) after the brc your not in control anymore.

If the start date was quickly approaching I would say its appropiate to reach out at this time dont let the anxiety take control yes it would be great to know for sure that your in, but you know for sure that your not out. Just my $0.02

I'm usually not really this anxious and thank you for all the information

RubyRed

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
I waited 2 days for the email and then I emailed the recruiter and just made it sound like it may have been my fault that I missed it or may have deleted in error blah blah blah :p and she sent the scheduling email out to me the following morning.

After appleEater1's response to my post, I sent a very similar email to the recruiter who did interview #2 and within a few hours the scheduling email showed up. Whew! And thanks for the good advice.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
What questions did YOU ask during your 3rd interview

either via the phone or via FaceTime/Skype? I asked or mentioned the following during my 2nd interview:

How long have you been with Apple?
Average tenure of AHA representatives?
Is there a potential the position might lead to full-time?
How does someone get on the CPU team?
Wage per hour a little lower than I expected
Would becoming certified as Apple Certified Support Professional be beneficial and might it be paid for by Apple?
Advancement opportunities to Cupertino?
Would like to retire from Apple

My 3rd (and hopefully final) interview is tomorrow at 10:30 CST

Last edited:

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
either via the phone or via FaceTime/Skype? I asked or mentioned the following during my 2nd interview:

How long have you been with Apple?
Average tenure of AHA representatives?
Is there a potential the position might lead to full-time?
How does someone get on the CPU team?
Wage per hour a little lower than I expected
Would becoming certified as Apple Certified Support Professional be beneficial and might it be paid for by Apple?
Advancement opportunities to Cupertino?
Would like to retire from Apple

My 3rd (and hopefully final) interview is tomorrow at 10:30 CST

I'd like to know the answers you got to these questions if you don't mind elaborating? Thanks! :)

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
I'd like to know the answers you got to these questions if you don't mind elaborating? Thanks! :)
Sure Jaylynn20, I'll be happy to do so:
How long have you been with Apple? she has been with Apple since beginning of January
Average tenure of AHA representatives? over 3 years
Is there a potential the position might lead to full-time? No. After 1 year in your position, you may apply for an open full-time position

How does someone get on the CPU team? She thinks I'll be on CPU but backing up iOS

Wage per hour a little lower than I expected. She says it is what it is (can't reveal what wage was decided, sorry).

Would becoming certified as Apple Certified Support Professional be beneficial and might it be paid for by Apple? Not really beneficial as I'll learn most everything I need to know during training. With regard to tuition reimbursement, it is offered but details would be disclosed during training.

Advancement opportunities to Cupertino? Again, after a year in current position or any position, feel free to apply for any job you feel you're qualified.

Would like to retire from Apple. Her reply, "Good. Thousands of people have retired from Apple. That's nice".

Hope the above is helpful! Best of luck :)

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks :) your answers differed a bit from what my interviewer gave me, hopefully I'll get the offer call and be able to clarify in training. Thanks for sharing, I get so giddy thinking about actually getting the job I hope we all get the news either way very soon!

Last edited:

kylekenner

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2008
I am SO glad I found this thread. I was a nervous wreck all week and when I didn't get any call today I started to panic (My Background Check was completed and "met company standards" last Thursday), but most of you are in the same boat as me!

Has anybody gotten through everything and gotten a "thanks-but-no-thanks"? I know this isn't a sure thing yet, but I think it's looking positive. Right?

Last edited:

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks :) your answers differed a bit from what my interviewer gave me, hopefully I'll get the offer call and be able to clarify in training. Thanks for sharing, I get so giddy thinking about actually getting the job I hope we all get the news either way very soon!
Jaylynn20, what answers did your interviewer give you? Are there major inconsistencies? You may PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks.

----------

interview with Margerie? Thanks.

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
After appleEater1's response to my post, I sent a very similar email to the recruiter who did interview #2 and within a few hours the scheduling email showed up. Whew! And thanks for the good advice.

I'm glad it worked out. Your still in the running to be apples next top advisor. lol :cool:

DieOs

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
16gb of RAM, why not? :p

----------

It took a month to get the questionnaire? I'm a little more relieved now... although I still doubt I'll get it :(

Yeah I forgot all about it. But don't be negative. Doesn't mean it's the end of the world, u might still get the questionnaire. After 2 months I woul reapply. But if it hasn't been a month or u I wouldn't be worried.

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Jaylynn20, what answers did your interviewer give you? Are there major inconsistencies? You may PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks.

----------

interview with Margerie? Thanks.

It was just a few small differences but I don't mind sharing.

The only things that were different were that she said that when full time positions open, they let people who already work there apply first, and she said nothing about having to wait a year. Additionally, she said that it may be 24 hours instead of 20 a week, with ups and downs due to business needs.

Also, my interviewer had been with Apple 7 years.

And the wage per hour was exactly what I had expected due to this thread, but I also heard from this thread that in the offer call you are offered a bit more. Which the wage I was quoted is much more than I make in a higher position with another reputable call center that lets me work at home so I'm definitely not complaining there. :eek:

Edited to add- No, it wasn't Marjorie and I'm embarrassed to admit I can't remember my interviewers name, it was a woman though.

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
It seems that it's taking 1-2 months from application date to hear anything. It's probably because a lot of people want to work for Apple and are applying like crazy. Can't blame them though :cool:

I had given up, hadn't thought anything about it for a couple of weeks and then Apple Inc showed up on my caller id....almost fainted lol

jasminebb

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
My second interview I was told I would gt a call back in 2-3 days...its been a week and no call : ( I haven't rcvd any emails about a background chk....she did tell me a training class starts march 18th and could I dedicate my time to it...I said of course.....but still nothing

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
If it makes you feel better, I had originally applied for the AHA position in March of 2012 when it was a "within 100 miles of a location" position. I was only within 100 miles of two postings, so I applied for them. Heard nothing.

In October 2012 when they revamped the Apple jobs website, I re-applied to all the openings in my state, as well as every state my state touched. I didn't want to apply to too many, since you can't re-apply and if I failed out of the interview process I wanted to have more to apply to. I didn't get a questionnaire/phone call until December.
So at first you never got a questionnaire and the next time you applied in multiple places, you got the questionnaire two months later? hmm..

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
My second interview I was told I would gt a call back in 2-3 days...its been a week and no call : ( I haven't rcvd any emails about a background chk....she did tell me a training class starts march 18th and could I dedicate my time to it...I said of course.....but still nothing

I would send an email just to follow up. Normally after the 2nd interview they send you a scheduling email to set up your 3rd FaceTime interview. Some of us did not get that and we had to send an email to request it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.