Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617media

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
I will post pics of my absoultely ridiculous setup that I was blessed with.... but anyways duel 27" cinema LEd displays, fully maxed out Mac Pro 12 core, max processor speed, SSDs, world's fastest graphics cards, etc...

But I obviously chose to keep the RAM to MINIMAL when checking out at the apple store online..... would of chosen nothing if possible.

Anyways: DOES IT REALLY MATTER THE MANUFACTUR WHEN IT COMES TO MAC PRO RAM? I've been told it doesn't?

Yes, I actually do need as much ram as possible. Get into that later as well as post pics...

But SHOULD I JUST GO WITH 48GB (3x16GB) DDR3 ECC PC10600 1333MHz SDRAM ECC for Mac Pro 'Nehalem' & 'Westmere' models[/B] ??

What seems to be most advertised and I know is very reliable and has solid history and reviews...... OWC - other world computing...... And I can get 2nd day fedex shipping within 30 minutes from now MAX if I order. NEED THIS ASAP. But like most people.... im only 23 , trying to ball on a budget...

How can this be legit???

http://www.amazon.com/64GB-PC3-1060...d=1360121785&sr=1-25&keywords=64gb+ecc+memory

I mean ....... It's what, 150 cheaper than OWC? And 64GB instead of 48GB???

Unless I'm just being blind and not seeing something obviously (I don't care if latency is CL9 or CL7..... there is not a world world effect)

SOMEONE KIND PLEASSE HELP ME WEIGH IN???? CAUSE THIS IS VERY CONFUSING TO ME.

IS THAT DEAL LEGIT? JUST PLEASE I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!:)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
You just bought a >$9000 computer and in order to save $150 on RAM from a no name seller? Just do the right thing and go with OWC. If problems they will take care of you.

617media

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
I do not think Hynx is a "no name seller"...... they are OEM for some machines - thought at least.

Don't have time to get into my personal life this sec, but **** it you think so? Can I get a couple more opinions. and I know its only $150, but considering I pay $2300 rent + 300 private underground parking + 200 maid service... and I don't work for anyone, young CEO.... I'm a pretty interesting kid, I'm not gona lie. I'd say google me but I'm not lke that and have had enough publicity both negative and positive, for now.....

Please anyone else ? THank yiu

----------

And I also mean.... I have a $12,000 5dmark3 , nicest cine cp2 prime lenses in the world, full cinematic motion-picture righ when adapted into the redrock micro carbon fiber and pro | blue series follow focus, not to mention smallHD - the world's most advanced monitor and best. My 16gb compact flash cards (150mb/s or 1000x) cost like ****in $320 each.......

Same thing with my car, I don't drive something ridiculous yet, but I drive a $45,000 Saab Aero matte shine premium black, beishe creame mocha italian leather seats, 7.1 bose surround etc... but that was a 22nd birthday gift. I also work extremely hard,....... not that it's too sick, I mean once I make this 2.5 year on and off follow of this domain name I've been calucalting, analyzing, figuring out.... I'm down to the last step literally.... and I have my bank PNB in paris (have a small apt there under my name, passed down) and then some anyonmous off shore accounts ready for this highe $xxx,xxx legal win and transfer and split up to avoid the obvious...... I know what I am doing.

MY POINT IS I NEED TO DO EVERYTHING AT ITS QUALITIEST. NOT OCD. NOT OVER THE TOP. Never excessive.... just 100% or not at all.

And no, I don't touch my trust funds, property funds, any of that given to me silver spoon ****..... hell no, ive been through hell and back. I told my accountant and lawyer to prevent me from gaining acess to them till I am 26..... so I have just been building this multimedia company on the side of trading TDLs, and well..... receiving % my percentage royalty extra funds$$ from acting in a major film, and then signing with AMC through one of my parents.... So hope you guys will watch when our series goes into production!!

In the mean time help me out please!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Actually, **** it. WELL THANK U BUDDY FOR THE ANSWER!! seriously, the only person nice enough to answer relatively quick.... unless I hear anythig in the next 30 seconds, I'm going to go with OMC 64gb

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Anyways: DOES IT REALLY MATTER THE MANUFACTUR WHEN IT COMES TO MAC PRO RAM? I've been told it doesn't?

The firmware is going to be looking for a temperature sensor on the DIMM package. Random DIMMs aren't going to work as well as stuff made to Apple's specs.

OWC sells stuff made to those specs.
Crucial http://www.crucial.com/

There are some others.

BiigBiscuit

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
I do not think Hynx is a "no name seller"...... they are OEM for some machines - thought at least.

Don't have time to get into my personal life this sec, but **** it you think so? Can I get a couple more opinions. and I know its only $150, but considering I pay $2300 rent + 300 private underground parking + 200 maid service... and I don't work for anyone, young CEO.... I'm a pretty interesting kid, I'm not gona lie. I'd say google me but I'm not lke that and have had enough publicity both negative and positive, for now.....

Please anyone else ? THank yiu

----------

And I also mean.... I have a $12,000 5dmark3 , nicest cine cp2 prime lenses in the world, full cinematic motion-picture righ when adapted into the redrock micro carbon fiber and pro | blue series follow focus, not to mention smallHD - the world's most advanced monitor and best. My 16gb compact flash cards (150mb/s or 1000x) cost like ****in $320 each.......

Same thing with my car, I don't drive something ridiculous yet, but I drive a $45,000 Saab Aero matte shine premium black, beishe creame mocha italian leather seats, 7.1 bose surround etc... but that was a 22nd birthday gift. I also work extremely hard,....... not that it's too sick, I mean once I make this 2.5 year on and off follow of this domain name I've been calucalting, analyzing, figuring out.... I'm down to the last step literally.... and I have my bank PNB in paris (have a small apt there under my name, passed down) and then some anyonmous off shore accounts ready for this highe $xxx,xxx legal win and transfer and split up to avoid the obvious...... I know what I am doing.

MY POINT IS I NEED TO DO EVERYTHING AT ITS QUALITIEST. NOT OCD. NOT OVER THE TOP. Never excessive.... just 100% or not at all.

And no, I don't touch my trust funds, property funds, any of that given to me silver spoon ****..... hell no, ive been through hell and back. I told my accountant and lawyer to prevent me from gaining acess to them till I am 26..... so I have just been building this multimedia company on the side of trading TDLs, and well..... receiving % my percentage royalty extra funds$$ from acting in a major film, and then signing with AMC through one of my parents.... So hope you guys will watch when our series goes into production!!

In the mean time help me out please!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Actually, **** it. WELL THANK U BUDDY FOR THE ANSWER!! seriously, the only person nice enough to answer relatively quick.... unless I hear anythig in the next 30 seconds, I'm going to go with OMC 64gb

Had a good laugh. Thanks.

This can't be real.

617media

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
haha why? last time i checked we were all allowed to use the internet

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
What seems to be most advertised and I know is very reliable and has solid history and reviews...... OWC - other world computing...... And I can get 2nd day fedex shipping within 30 minutes from now MAX if I order. NEED THIS ASAP. But like most people.... im only 23 , trying to ball on a budget...

You've answered your own question... the only problem is that you can't see it, because it's so simple.

You need 100% qualitiest RAM, and you're balling on a budget, therefore you need 96GB of OWC's guaranteed awesome RAM: $1129. How to achieve this?

1) Give the maid six months off and clean your own place for a while. If you live in the Paris flat most of that time, you won't even need to clean it very much, but since you stated that you work so hard, it's no sweat to wash a dish or two while the laundry is running... multitasking is what you're all about, I'm sure!

In math terms: $200x6 months = $1200
$1200 - $1129 = $71 left over for steaks (to feed your pet tiger, 'natch.)

Problem solved, and you *know effin' well* that I'll look for your series!

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
we get it YOU'RE RICH, are you going to tell us you're going to take your private jet and just pick up those RAMs?

what's the point of this thread? why are you telling us to the last details of what car u you drive and accounts in paris.

get outta here. come back when you have real problems!!!!

buying RAMs isn't one of them!!!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You just spent $9000 on a computer, just buy it from a reputable source like OWC.

Or did you really buy a MacBook Pro, then you got duped.

Also I'm your age and you're embarrassing yourself. :rolleyes:
Obviously you missed the lesson on budgeting. "Balling" isn't rolling with a $9000 computer, then typing like a middle-schooler and whining on an Internet forum.

Last edited:

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Are we seeing the return of that kid -- from MN maybe? -- who wrote about his M5 (speeding with his mother) and his admission to Harvard and his uncle the judge, and on and on and on?

It reads like that to me -- the tone, anyway.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
i ordered another 32 gigs from OWC on monday.

it arrived tuesday... in under 24 hours. highly recommend.

sgunes

macrumors member
May 25, 2009
DFW
I was wondering what kind of messenger bag to get for my Macbook Pro so it does not get wet on my yacht or clash with the interior of my Gulfstream G450.

Any recommendations for a screen protector for my iPhone as it keeps slipping out of my Gucci jacket front pocket once I get into second gear on my Lamborghini Aventador?

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
... or clash with the interior of my Gulfstream G450.

Oh, you have one too?
I'm getting mine fitted with solid rocket boosters for intercontinental ballistic flights. Think of it: Europe->Quickie in NYC -> Europe in less than an hour. :D

EDIT: Seriously, any self-respecting geek forum needs a discussion area where geeks can share their greatest fishing tales...

RGDS,

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
If you're looking for ECC Registered RAM, Hynix is far from a no-name brand.

Go into any data center and take a peek inside some of the rack-mounted servers, and you will more than likely run across Hynix, Samsung, or Micron memory more often than all other brands. Those three brands are the most popular sources of RAM for HP, Dell, and IBM hardware (and it looks that Amazon seller knows this too, seeing as how they made the effort to point it out at least two times in their product description.)

I wouldn't stay away from Hynix, but I would stay away from that seller. Their wall-of-text product description reads like a copy and paste of marketing material, with a few buzzwords slapped in for good measure.

Last edited:

dtelena

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
I will post pics of my absoultely ridiculous setup that I was blessed with.... but anyways duel 27" cinema LEd displays, fully maxed out Mac Pro 12 core, max processor speed, SSDs, world's fastest graphics cards, etc...

But I obviously chose to keep the RAM to MINIMAL when checking out at the apple store online..... would of chosen nothing if possible.

Yes, I actually do need as much ram as possible. Get into that later as well as post pics...

But SHOULD I JUST GO WITH 48GB (3x16GB) DDR3 ECC PC10600 1333MHz SDRAM ECC for Mac Pro 'Nehalem' & 'Westmere' models[/B] ??

How can this be legit???

http://www.amazon.com/64GB-PC3-1060...d=1360121785&sr=1-25&keywords=64gb+ecc+memory

I mean ....... It's what, 150 cheaper than OWC? And 64GB instead of 48GB???

Unless I'm just being blind and not seeing something obviously (I don't care if latency is CL9 or CL7..... there is not a world world effect)

SOMEONE KIND PLEASSE HELP ME WEIGH IN???? CAUSE THIS IS VERY CONFUSING TO ME.

IS THAT DEAL LEGIT? JUST PLEASE I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!:)

You have just spend nearly $10000 on a Mac Pro that is going to get discontinued in a month or maybe two :eek: That's what I would call: A wise investment !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.