Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Hello.

I am new to jailbreaking so please forgive my noob question.

I've added a theme to my lock screen via Winterboard. All in all, things work well but I am not getting the notifications in my lock screen - only the sound that a new message or email has come through.

Is this a problem with my theme? Do I need to install something else to get these or themes in general don't get notifications?

Help much appreciated since this is a major turnoff for me at the moment.

Thanks!

FredrikHagen

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
This is a known problem.

Once the developers begin to update themes I am sure this problem will be resolved!

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Hello.

I am new to jailbreaking so please forgive my noob question.

I've added a theme to my lock screen via Winterboard. All in all, things work well but I am not getting the notifications in my lock screen - only the sound that a new message or email has come through.

Is this a problem with my theme? Do I need to install something else to get these or themes in general don't get notifications?

Help much appreciated since this is a major turnoff for me at the moment.

Thanks!
Here you go: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16792272/

Mortalias

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for posting this, it helped me as well. Do you know if this is a winterboard problem exclusive to the new invasi0n? (aka, could a fix actually occur?)

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks for posting this, it helped me as well. Do you know if this is a winterboard problem exclusive to the new invasi0n? (aka, could a fix actually occur?)
Some further tests have shown me that it's actually Winterboard and HTML LS themes that are causing it. I disabled the LS theme I had, and got the notification right away. Some people have said that it might be Lockscreen Clock Hide that's doing it, but that's not true. My original theory still stands.

Mortalias

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Some further tests have shown me that it's actually Winterboard and HTML LS themes that are causing it. I disabled the LS theme I had, and got the notification right away. Some people have said that it might be Lockscreen Clock Hide that's doing it, but that's not true. My original theory still stands.

I think you're right. I made my custom lockscreen with Clock Builder (which I'm assuming makes html based themes, and which must be activated through Winterboard) and I have the exact problem. I'm just curious if there are enough affected for them to push a fix for it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I think you're right. I made my custom lockscreen with Clock Builder (which I'm assuming makes html based themes, and which must be activated through Winterboard) and I have the exact problem. I'm just curious if there are enough affected for them to push a fix for it.

How does clock builder work? is it an official app in the app store where you create themes then upload them to their server? how do you access the themes in order to ssh them on to the iPhone? and are you able to see themes that others have put together?

*sorry for all the questions, just curious about this tool.

Mortalias

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
How does clock builder work? is it an official app in the app store where you create themes then upload them to their server? how do you access the themes in order to ssh them on to the iPhone? and are you able to see themes that others have put together?

*sorry for all the questions, just curious about this tool.

It's a brilliant tool. You download it from the App Store, customize everything in app, then head over to Cydia and download the winterboard tweak that activates the theme. Go back to clock builder and select "make lock screen" and it's done.

Really awesome app. It'll be really cool once winterboard fixes this notification problem :p And there is a community where you can see what others have created (and you can share yours similarly)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It's a brilliant tool. You download it from the App Store, customize everything in app, then head over to Cydia and download the winterboard tweak that activates the theme. Go back to clock builder and select "make lock screen" and it's done.

Really awesome app. It'll be really cool once winterboard fixes this notification problem :p And there is a community where you can see what others have created (and you can share yours similarly)

Wow that is pretty brilliant. I already have winterboard and I am familiar with it. So after you create the theme with the appstore app, how does it get into your list of themes in winterboard? Also how do you access the community? in the app? or is there a website?

JJBean

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013

I just wanted to add another name to the list of people affected by this in hopes th maybe a fix could be expedited.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
update:

mine was fixed when i updated my LS theme to an iOS 6 compatible one.

so i dont think the problem is with winterboard. it could be with either an outdated theme or perhaps with hide the clock which i disabled when my new theme handled everything.

Mortalias

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Wow that is pretty brilliant. I already have winterboard and I am familiar with it. So after you create the theme with the appstore app, how does it get into your list of themes in winterboard? Also how do you access the community? in the app? or is there a website?

Basically, the Cydia tweak places only one file into winterboard, which you then select. Then, whichever Lock Screen you've created in the app is the one that becomes default. So you can change the lock screens all in the app without ever having to deselect the winterboard file.

It is pretty awesome. I'm almost positive the community is available in app also.

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
update:

mine was fixed when i updated my LS theme to an iOS 6 compatible one.

so i dont think the problem is with winterboard. it could be with either an outdated theme or perhaps with hide the clock which i disabled when my new theme handled everything.
Which one are you using?

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
this is nonsense!

if you use an HTML lockscreen with a transparent image, can you see the notifications?...

and if you don't hide the clock. the html lockscreen is above the default clock too?

answers are NO.

Using a transparent image on an HTML page still has the underlying HTML shown.

And you don't know what the layering could be like. Clock could be highest layer, and WinterBoard below that, with Notifications below *that*.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Basically, the Cydia tweak places only one file into winterboard, which you then select. Then, whichever Lock Screen you've created in the app is the one that becomes default. So you can change the lock screens all in the app without ever having to deselect the winterboard file.

It is pretty awesome. I'm almost positive the community is available in app also.

Got it, thanks for all your help. I installed the app ASAP lol... Wouldnt want Apple to catch on and remove it... I wouldnt put it past them.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Ayecon doesn't really have a custom lockscreen. It does change the slider, but that's really it.

The top and bottom panels are flat with no-nonsense reflections or shades like the standard one has.

But im no expert. Whether it just modifies these effects or implements deeper changes in the LS to achieve this I dont know.

The
Point is i have an Ayecon LS section enabled in my winterboard and notifcations work. Maybe this info is useful to somebody. Or maybe not.

asnbot

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
does anyone know any external app that can show notifications? i tried installing lockinfo 5, but my phone crashes everytime. I don't really like Intelliscreen because it's not on the lockscreen theme, same with Bulletin...

Maybe its something on LockBackground.html that needs to be edited for it to work...

this never happened when i was on ios 5.1

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I just found out about this as well.

I found a nice Noki lock screen, but it doesn't show notifications.

Aww man.

I guess I'm on the hunt again.

Any lock screens that go well with Noki?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.