Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A little over a week after the public release of iOS 6.1, Apple today seeded the first beta version of iOS 6.1.1 to developers. The beta arrives as build 10B311.

ios_6_1_1_beta_1.jpg
The new version also arrives just two days after the Evasi0n jailbreak for iOS 6.x devices went live, although it is so far unknown if iOS 6.1.1 patches any of the bugs exploited by the software.

Update: 9toMac has release notes listing major improvements to Maps for Japanese users.
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:

- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 6.1.1 to Developers

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I wish updates happened more rapidly. They don't have to big, but little changes here and there every so often doesn't hurt.

distemp

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I miss when updates were interesting/fun. I didn't think I could be less interested in iOS than I was when iOS 5 came out but here we are...with the even less exciting or noteworthy iOS 6.

BLAH

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Fix Podcasts!

I wish apple would release an update to fix the podcasts app (by removing it entirely and replacing it back into the music player!)

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
You know what's funny?

With the jailbreak and acceleration app - one wonders if apple just slow cranks up the speed with every iPhone release

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.