Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
HI

Whenever I have a piece of text with a background & custom font in iWeb. Instead of including the font I usually just put a shadow so that it's drawn as an image on all other browsers. What I have noticed is that Internet explorer & a few other browsers on windows seem to draw funny lines through & around these text / images. I've tested on several mac & Linux browsers with no problems, just whenever ive tested on windows have I noticed this problem !! Has anyone else noticed this behaviour :?

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
What version of IE were you testing in? Internet Explorer is notorious for doing a poor job of rendering valid code, though more recent versions (9 and 10) are an improvement.

Also, there could be an issue with specifying a font that is available on OS X but not in Windows.

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
I've tested in 8, 9 & 10 along with other browsers such as opera & Avant etc etc. I'm not actually specifying a font. I'm using a shadow behind all text so that if another computer doesn't have the font I've used then the text will automatically be drawn as an image on the current page.

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
I've tested in 8, 9 & 10 along with other browsers such as opera & Avant etc etc. I'm not actually specifying a font. I'm using a shadow behind all text so that if another computer doesn't have the font I've used then the text will automatically be drawn as an image on the current page.

Hmmmm... I would have to see the page in question to see what's going on. Can you provide a link, either in this thread or by private message?

furycd001

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Belfast
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.