Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That would be helpful, if it's not a huge storage problem. I had to delete some that I really wanted to keep, to make room for new ones. If storage is an issue, perhaps make additional PM storage a benefit for contributors or for members with a minimum post count and/or length of membership?

Last edited by a moderator:

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Agreed. Although I keep deleting PMs, sometimes they do overflow.

----------

That would be helpful, if it's not a huge storage problem. I had to delete some that I really wanted to keep, to make room for new ones. If storage is an issue, perhaps make additional PM storage a benefit for contributors or for members with a minimum post count and/or length of membership?

Agree on the contributors... but increase overall space by 25-50 messages would be nice.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Is there any plan to increasing the allowance for pm's that can be stored?

If not, I would like to say I would be in favor of it

I bumped everyone up.

500 and 1000 are the limits now for regular users / contributors.

arn

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I, too, ended up deleting some for the same reason, ones that I would have liked to have kept a bit longer.

Agreed. Although I keep deleting PMs, sometimes they do overflow.

----------

Agree on the contributors... but increase overall space by 25-50 messages would be nice.

Ah, my good old friend jav; well, you of all people must well know that active participation in the WW universe simply eats up PM allowances.

And, worse, as jav knows to his cost, when one is involved in two simultaneous WW games, (with a role which requires active participation behind the scenes) it becomes a struggle to remember instructions, and hints, from a few days, or weeks earlier, especially if one has had to delete them......

I bumped everyone up.

500 and 1000 are the limits now for regular users / contributors.

arn

Excellent. Many thanks for doing this.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Ah, my good old friend jav; well, you of all people must well know that active participation in the WW universe simply eats up PM allowances.

And, worse, as jav knows to his cost, when one is involved in two simultaneous WW games, (with a role which requires active participation behind the scenes) it becomes a struggle to remember instructions, and hints, from a few days, or weeks earlier, especially if one has had to delete them......

Specially if said partner backstabbed the other in two different games due to playing the PM game well.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The MacRumors FAQ has been updated to reflect the increased maximum number of stored private messages.

Users who haven't looked at the FAQ lately (or ever!) might find other useful information there. It's worth reading now and then.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Awww man. I only have 1 PM in my folder (mostly I haven't gotten around to deleting it yet) and was going to put the space up for sale on eBay. Let me know next time you hit the limit!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Good. Now my PM box won't be full next time a mod wants to contact me in haste.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Digital pack rats. I don't get saving PMs. Must be the same people who save all their texts and archive tens of thousands of emails.

Good. Now my PM box won't be full next time a mod wants to contact me in haste.

I keep mine full so mods can't PM me. :D

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
:eek: I've been using Gmail since it was a beta invite only service and I only have 0.6GB used!

I, too, have been using it since then but, to elaborate, there was a time when I was in three bands simultaneously and all three were recording albums and/or practices and tracks would be emailed out after rough mixes.

Haven't done the breakdown but I have 23,590 emails in my account.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I, too, have been using it since then but, to elaborate, there was a time when I was in three bands simultaneously and all three were recording albums and/or practices and tracks would be emailed out after rough mixes.

Haven't done the breakdown but I have 23,590 emails in my account.

+1

I'd hate to see what else some people squirrel away!

Well, at least we have more room in our PM box here at MacRumors to squirrel away stuff. But I doubt we'll ever have the capacity that Google has. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.