Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
How does that holster work?

I love it so far..Clips securely to a belt (comes with 2 different clip sizes depending on what you prefer and thickness of belt)..To release the phone is easy and smooth, can be done with 1 hand..

I've always preferred to use a case with holster such as the Otterbox (Lifeproof wasn't for sale until yesterday I believe) but disliked that the defender made indent marks on my screen.

With this lifeproof, I can still use the glass TR screen, its so much thinner than the otterbox (a bit taller) and the holster works perfect...

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
-The little plastic piece covering the proximity sensor is incredibly annoying. That prevents the front from laying flat. This results in an uneven touch experience overall. Frankly, that's a deal breaker for me. The responsiveness of the screen takes a noticeable hit.

Just peel that little plastic lens off. I have no idea what it does. I took off the one on my case and the one on my wife's case more than a month ago and I haven't had any problems. Without it the screen protector sits perfectly flat against the screen.

setty7

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
the incipio atlas looks like its the slimmest of all the waterproof cases out there.

Jakkejakkejakke

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
This my 'review' considering the fre case.
I'm looking into the screenprotector and sound quality.

Lifeproof Fre case iPhone 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1mvCITwnKg

Cubano21

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Cubano21, you still using the Obex or did you go back to the Lifeproof?

No way still using the Obex. if you look at my last post in the Obex thread you"ll see why. I was just curious on the video Jakkejakkejakke posted. Also I see he is using posted noted in the inner back case to keep the back of the LP case rattling. So they still haven't fixed there cases?

Cubano21

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Cubano21, you still using the Obex or did you go back to the Lifeproof?

So I received my LP replacement case this will make #4 from LP, and I have not installed it yet on my phone. I did look at the screen protecter and it seems really flat and durable, a lot better from what I have received from LP. The one thing that struck me weird and still bothers me is the back that I got was with the glued on plastic clear pieces, but some people are saying the raised black piece is the newest case. this is why I don't really care for LP right now. What is the correct case? Well if I'm up to it later I will post some pic and test the case just to see, but any ways just don't like the inconsistency of LP.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
So I received my LP replacement case this will make #4 from LP, and I have not installed it yet on my phone. I did look at the screen protecter and it seems really flat and durable, a lot better from what I have received from LP. The one thing that struck me weird and still bothers me is the back that I got was with the glued on plastic clear pieces, but some people are saying the raised black piece is the newest case. this is why I don't really care for LP right now. What is the correct case? Well if I'm up to it later I will post some pic and test the case just to see, but any ways just don't like the inconsistency of LP.

Is this a black case or one of their new color cases?
What number is it?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Can confirm that the new color Fre cases have the 5th generation back with the 3 raised higher ribs (No clear blocks) but the fronts are a new 6th generation.

Where Lifeproof used foam blocks to fill in the gaps alone the inside edges of the fronts (5th Generation) are now solid and part of the actual case. :eek:

I'll get some pictures up later tonight :)

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Quick picture showing the inside of the new Color Lifeproof Fre case in Flat Dark Earth. :rolleyes:

lpcolor00.jpg

Serial numbers have been whited out to protect the innocent ;)

Last edited:

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
Hooterville, how is the screen? Is it as bad as you thought? Also hows the sound quality out of the speakerphone with music, etc?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The screen is wavy and there are a couple oil slicks. I have not had the chance to do any calls yet. The back and front seem to fit together much nicer then past versions.
I'll do a couple of calls on my way home tonight and see how it performs.

Ferniesp

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2012
Hooverville, that is one fine looking case. Mine should be here tomorrow. Love the color scheme. Please report on the calls when you can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.