Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Same here. I don't get all this excitment about jailbreak! I jailbroke mine and it's clearly not the same after that. Battery indicater does not show corrctly, drops like 10% each time, it's noticably slower, winterboard crashes!! I mean wtf? Isn't this the reason we like Apple products? So we don't have to cope with that crap?

Yeah me either. i remember back when i got my iPod touch 3rd gen running iOS 3.1.2 and my friend jailbroke it. Even though my ipod did look so cool because i had a lot of themes and tweaks it made my iPod lag so much. Back then i didn't realize how slow it was but looking back now :eek:

i stopped using winterboard after iOS 5.0 since winterboard is one of the main reasons why your iphone becomes so slow.

If Apple implements a NCSetting like toggles in iOS 7 goodbye jailbrake :)

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Can anyone answer this question?

6.1 was released as build 10B142 (for iPhone 4S) and this 6.1.1 beta build is 10B311, does that mean there have been 169 rev or builds since 10B142?

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Apple prioritizes fixes for exploits based on how serious they are.
I think the fact that millions of iOS devices have been “compromised” by this exploit in the last 24 hours will be enough for Apple to rank it as critical. :rolleyes:

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, coz they should’ve released game changing features in this 0.0.x update.

I got my game changing features when I jailbroke my iPhone. People are missing out on so much when they don't jailbreak.

----------

Anyone posting the "Safari Snappier" joke should get disciplinary action. :mad:

If you want your Safari to be snappier get the tweak SafariDNS from Cydia and actually change your DNS to Googles public 8.8.8.8 DNS. It does actually make it snappier.

BZIG

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
I think the fact that millions of iOS devices have been “compromised” by this exploit in the last 24 hours will be enough for Apple to rank it as critical. :rolleyes:

Ignorance is bliss.

Secure box.

Opensource. :D

I'm off the soapbox.

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Same here. I don't get all this excitment about jailbreak! I jailbroke mine and it's clearly not the same after that. Battery indicater does not show corrctly, drops like 10% each time, it's noticably slower, winterboard crashes!! I mean wtf? Isn't this the reason we like Apple products? So we don't have to cope with that crap?

Sounds like you just started installing random **** on Cydia. Unlike with the App Store, you can't trust everything you install on Cydia. You have to do a little research first and of course skinning isn't a good idea unless you are OK with beta testing.

Some apps have been updated to be compatible with iOS 6, but until this week none of them had been tested on such a massive scale. If you keep it simple and just install the jailbreaks you need and that are good then you won't have instability problems or weird dropped calls or battery indicators not showing up.

The good JB developers are going to sort out their bugs in a week or two, so be patient. It sounds like you really don't know WTF you are doing though, tbh.

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I got my game changing features when I jailbroke my iPhone. People are missing out on so much when they don't jailbreak.

----------

If you want your Safari to be snappier get the tweak SafariDNS from Cydia and actually change your DNS to Googles public 8.8.8.8 DNS. It does actually make it snappier.

No not really. My ISPs DNS is alot faster than Googles public one.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

I don't get all the excitement about a stock OS. I left mine stock for few months and it's clearly not the same after that. Functionalities are limited, OS looks boring, etc. I mean wtf?

In a more polite reply, you may not have any need to jailbreak, but, others do. I jailbreak to improve/add functionalities, not to just theme my device.

distemp

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
Then jailbreak. iOS just got massively more interesting.

And no, it's not for pirating stuff, its for letting my phone, a 5, live up to its potential. Zephyr,Auxo,Activator,NCsettings,Springtomize, f.lux FTW!

I believe if you jailbreak for piracy, and you don't want to spare a few quid/dollars for apps here and there....you need to have a long hard look at yourself.

I jailbroke (is that a word?) my iPad once when it was super easy because of the PDF exploit (Slide to Jailbreak) and I was CRAZY paranoid that I would ruin my iPad or that Apple would void my warranty or something so I went back and reversed it.

I realize that that was a tad...crazy...but the constant fear was too much for my little mind to bear.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

I have a few tweaks on my i5 and it runs perfectly smoth and fine

Nickerbocker

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
I don't get all the excitement about a stock OS. I left mine stock for few months and it's clearly not the same after that. Functionalities are limited, OS looks boring, etc. I mean wtf?

In a more polite reply, you may not have any need to jailbreak, but, others do. I jailbreak to improve/add functionalities, not to just theme my device.

I jailbreak primarily just to get MMS to work with StraightTalk. Since iOS 6 the only way to get it to work is to use a T-Mobile SIM (unless you JB). Also to enable Personal Hotspot.

Theming can be fun, but it is the most likely thing to lead to instability and people who do it really shouldn't throw hissy-fits when they have problems.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Wow the list of iOS devices it works with is getting longer and longer maybe they should just put the ones it doesn't work with. :D

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Can anyone answer this question?

6.1 was released as build 10B142 (for iPhone 4S) and this 6.1.1 beta build is 10B311, does that mean there have been 169 rev or builds since 10B142?
Not impossible. The 6.1 beta builds had to be in testers hands, so they could check it extensively. And while that was being done, and late bugs fixed, development continued, hence 6.1.1.

Development doesn't stop, even though you have almost-ready-to-go-builds out with testers. ;)

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Until I see "Added built in public transit directions", I'll stick to Google Maps. Sad really, because I prefer the Apple Maps interface.

3rd party apps are so much better than Google's for public transit. It's not even close, really. You should check them out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

What would be great is if Apple maps allowed 3rd party plugins and automatically launched the correct transit plugin based on your location so it's completely seamless.

As for the UI, I couldn't agree more... Google maps is pretty bad in comparison and I cringe every time I tap a pin and the information shows up at the bottom, obscuring a fifth of the display.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Those complaining about the Jailbreak and slowing down did something wrong. I jailbroke my iPad and my iPhone and just installed 3G Unrestrictor, TetherMe, and Adbock, and my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4 are just as fast as ever. Won't upgrade until I see that jailbreak works with this update.

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Those complaining about the Jailbreak and slowing down did something wrong. I jailbroke my iPad and my iPhone and just installed 3G Unrestrictor, TetherMe, and Adbock, and my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4 are just as fast as ever. Won't upgrade until I see that jailbreak works with this update.

Agreed....those tards who are complaining, don't know what the heck they are doing....

DO install useful basic tweaks like Zephyr, Remove Background/Backgrounder to kill apps (Actually improves battery life), Tetherme to gain Personal Hotspot for free *your BOUGHT data shouldnt be restricted), and iFile to use the camera kit and unlimited SD cards for unlimited storage, so you dont have to pay extra $100 per 16 gigs of data:eek:

DON'T install 5 million themes slowing down your memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.