Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

12d61.jpg
Apple today seeded build 12D65 of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to developers, marking the ninth beta iteration of the newest version of Mountain Lion. 10.8.3 was first seeded to developers in November 2012.

Build 12D65 comes exactly one week after build 12D61. As with build 12D61, build 12D65 continues to ask developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

Registered developers can download the update on Apple's Developer Page.

Update: According to 9to5Mac, the new build fixes the file bug that recently made headlines.

This post originally referred to Build 12D65 as the tenth developer seed of OS X 10.8.3 when it was actually the ninth seed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D65 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
Tested the 'File:' bug, it seems like they solved it

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
I've managed to do some undercover work and have the change log. You can view it below:

• Fixes some bugs nobody suffers from
  • Doesn't add anything new
  • Claims to improve stability and performance

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I've managed to do some undercover work and have the change log. You can view it below:

- If nobody suffered from it then it wouldn't have been discovered in the first place.
- Point updates rarely add

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
The only bug I care about is one that happens when I use Transmit and Textwrangler. If I open a file off an FTP server, edit it and save it, I have to quit Textwrangler before opening another file from Transmit. If I forget to quite Textwrangler, Transmit freezes. This is a bug that started happening when 10.8.2 was released, and both Panic and Barebones have said it's up to Apple to fix it. It's made work much less efficient for me because if I want to edit a CSS file and multiple HTML files, I have to do work on one, save and close it, open the other, save and close it, and go back and forth. It's a horrible waste of time.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
The File: bug was apparently caused by one and the same piece of code, and I read about someone who disassembled the code who said that it should have been a simple fix too. In other words -- a pretty small bug that caused a crapload of fallout because the code was activated in so many places. So if some place has it solved, all of them should be.

simonb76

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Please Apple fix that lag issue in Logic Pro and FCPX which has been around since the Lion days..... Really does stop people from being creative when they're waiting 30 seconds for the mouse to respond to a click.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Anyone know if it fixes the common problem where Messages displays iMessages in the wrong order?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So since the dirty word bug has been fixed but most people don't have 10.8.3 if I type it in here are peoples browser going to crash ?

Let's see.

File:///

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.