Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Dear Folks

I've gone ahead and shot some video on my iPhone 5 .. Say 15 minutes and its already 4 gb or so !

I need to compress this video and store it some place (that place to store is flexible !)

How do I
===========
Option A) compress and store in iPhone without loosing quality IF possible - like a zipped XL file that can be in zipped

Or

B) how do Move the vidoe file(s) to my windows xp laptop and delete from iPhone

Or

C) any other option .... Other than "...DO NOT shoot video ..." :)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Since you want the video transferred from you phone to Windows PC, just plug the phone into the USB and your camera roll becomes accessible as a flash drive. Drag the video to your desktop. I can't really help you with video compression, but it at least gets the video on your computer.

Subu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Handbrake

Wow ! thanks for that idea !!

I'm reading the handbrake site ...but can't figure out how to use it on an iPhone

Probably you mean, move to win laptop and then use handbrake to compress ? or ?

TIA

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Wow ! thanks for that idea !!

I'm reading the handbrake site ...but can't figure out how to use it on an iPhone

Probably you mean, move to win laptop and then use handbrake to compress ? or ?

TIA

Yeah, it won't work on your phone. You would have to import it to your computer first.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
You don't get something for nothing. If you want it to take less space then you need to decrease resolution, increase compression, etc. Whether or not you'll notice a change in quality is impossible for us to tell you. Try Handbrake's presets and see if you can tell any difference in quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.