Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
WOW. If you think AT&T is bad,

T mobile is worse!

I needed to check if my iPhone 5 is unlocked.

The guy said give me your iPhone 5 and I'll check for you and we'll then set up a plan.

I said no I'm with AT&T. I just need to check if its unlocked so I want to buy a sim.

The he started telling me about his plans "unlimited this or unlimited that"

And I'm like no! I just want to buy a sim.

Then he said well if you don't want to buy a plan and just the sim I'll have to charge you $20.

I WANTED TO START ABUSING!

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
In other news, a sales guy wanted to make some money. :D

They're all sharks who will bend you over and take you for every penny they can extract. Don't be fooled. Doesn't matter what color the logo.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Maybe it's 20 in stores. Just because he said 20 in store doesn't automatically mean he wants to pocket 10.

The nano SIM is $9.99. They are probably required sell them with at least $10 worth of prepaid minutes.

9.99 + 10 = 19.99

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Why is the SIM so expensive? That's not so good for T Mobile

Yea exactly my thoughts. Although I'm an AT&T customer, and reliably pay my bills, they replaced my sim without a hitch when I thought it was causing problems.

They even expressed shipped it free of charge.

(That's not to say they haven't caused any problems but the sim case panned out good)

Last edited:

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Yea exactly my thoughts. Although I'm an AT&T customer, and reliably pay my bills, they replaced my sim without a hitch when I thought it was causing problems.

(That's not to say they haven't caused any problems but the sim case panned out good)

You don't have an account with T-Mobile. Why should they give a free SIM? You don't think T-Mobile would give you a free SIM if you had an account and you were having problems and a new SIM might solve it?

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
T-mobile offering free micro-sim right now.

Just got myself 2 free ones online yesterday.

It says you must get a 2 year contract with a qualifying plan.

----------

You don't have an account with T-Mobile. Why should they give a free SIM? You don't think T-Mobile would give you a free SIM if you had an account and you were having problems and a new SIM might solve it?

Exactly. That's why I asked to BUY one. It costs 10 but he was up charging me 20 with no explanation as to why. It's in the OP I don't know why I have to repeat myself.

----------

Makes sense. There's your reason OP.

Wish he would have told me it comes with minutes. I would have bought one since I have family from overseas coming in the summer.

----------

On second thought, I would've used up the minutes haha and just enjoyed being unlocked.

----------

What the hell does that mean?

I meant I wanted to start abusing him.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
It says you must get a 2 year contract with a qualifying plan.

----------

Exactly. That's why I asked to BUY one. It costs 10 but he was up charging me 20 with no explanation as to why. It's in the OP I don't know why I have to repeat myself.

----------

Wish he would have told me it comes with minutes. I would have bought one since I have family from overseas coming in the summer.

----------

On second thought, I would've used up the minutes haha and just enjoyed being unlocked.

----------

I meant I wanted to start abusing him.

I explained above, why he said $20. I have gone through these same motions with previously unlocked iPhones.

But, you you could always get them a lot cheaper on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...nkw=t-mobile+nano+sim+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
WINNING!!!!!!!!!!

Just got one for ONLY $4.99!!!

That guy at t mobile can **** ** ****!!!!

Thanks so much!! You rock dude!

You must be new at this, but i ordered couple tmobile micro sims on their websites for free.

All i need was to activate them with a plan whenever i was ready to use.

Last edited:

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
And just so the people who think I was trying to get a free ride, I just BOUGHT one.

If I wanted it for free I could have played him like a finely tuned piano.

As soon as he checks I could've been like I'm leaving have to go.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
They sell them for $20 in store. Initially the guy that helped me said it would be $20, but by checkout he didn't charge me anything.

----------

I explained above, why he said $20. I have gone through these same motions with previously unlocked iPhones.

But, you you could always get them a lot cheaper on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...nkw=t-mobile+nano+sim+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I'm confused by the "custom cut, not factory cut" statement. Are these micro sims that they're cutting into nano sims?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
They sell them for $20 in store. Initially the guy that helped me said it would be $20, but by checkout he didn't charge me anything.

----------

I'm confused by the "custom cut, not factory cut" statement. Are these micro sims that they're cutting into nano sims?

I don't know for sure. If you are thinking of buying one, you might want to ask the seller before you pull the trigger.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010

not to mention, local AT&T and Apple stores hand out free SIMs around here like candy. Just tell them you have an iPad ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.