Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerry20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
The Christmas holiday has passed,my six years old daughter had bad mood, I hope she is very happy every day. Between the holiday I had bought iPad 2 for her,and download some apps for her, but she just likes few story apps, please tell me some apps for her? I found the boy and the girl are not the same,she doesn’t like game as Angry birds,she likes app that has good story and beautiful scene , similar to ”winter forest ” ,tell me some app like this.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Did you look in the iPad Apps forum? Questions similar to yours come up regularly there since it is designed specifically for iPad Apps.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Well, first, you're not going to buy your daughter's happiness with iPad apps. :D

Anyway, when my daughter (who's nearly 5) plays with our tablets, she gravitates to the apps that allow her to be creative: coloring apps like Drawing Pad, especially. Garageband on the Mini (which she is very rarely allowed to use) and a piano app on our old slow Android tablet (which she is allowed to use more often).

Brradley

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
How about playing with your daughter, reading with your daughter, going for a walk with your daughter, watching a movie with your daughter, etc.

Your daughter probably doesn't want you replaced with an iPad.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Ah yes, Christmas, the day of the year where people blow all their money, get into serious debt, and at the end of the day no one is happier than they were the day before.

I have to agree with the other posters. If your daughter is unhappy and your first thought is "what can I buy her?", you are going down the wrong road.

Spend time with her, talk to her, take her to the zoo and talk about the animals.

Reactions: Billy95Tech

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I have a strange suspicion that someone is going to come along in the next 12 hours or so (daytime in China, anyway), with the "perfect" app that will greatly please the OP.

Someone get the popcorn going....

Regards,
Tom

Electa

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Get her an App that shows her how horrible life is for other kids in less fortunate countries. :rolleyes:

"There are people much worse off than you rendering all your feelings completely invalid!"

You are the worst kind of person.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I'm not a dad. But I have a 8 year old sister.

What can I say you... teach your little girl that bad moods ust because holidays are over are just stupid. Teach her how to grow in a world full of bad things, bad moods....

I think you don't need a app for that, that is just parenting.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
She is 6.

Tell her to go to her room and memorize the multiplication table.

That's what my dad told me to do at 6.

images

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I doubt the OP will understand the sarcasm based on the very poor english and grammar. But yeah, the gist of the post seems to be "Hey I dont want to be a parent, help me keep my kid occupied". But this could also be lost in translation because of language barriers.

dancj

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Toca Salon
Toca Band
Probably anything by Toca - but those two first.

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
"The Game of Life for iPad". This is a game the two of you can take turns and play together just like the classic board game I use to play as a kid.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
She is 6.

Tell her to go to her room and memorize the multiplication table.

That's what my dad told me to do at 6.

Good to see I'm not the only one who had to do that, lol.

And I agree, if your daughter is sad about not getting presents anymore, then you have a problem on your hands.
If she's just sad in general, some quality TLC should do it.

And try looking in the kids section on the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.