Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carl Sagan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2011
The Universe
Hi all,

This might be a dumb question but if I set up multiple users on a Mac when they log in will all their iCloud settings and sync be there waiting for them?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Yes, as long they are using separate logins like you mentioned. We have 2 on my Mac and both work just fine.

Binx66

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Two I Cloud accts one email

Both my husband and I have an I phone between us but use the same email account. Is there a way to separate our I Cloud accts so we aren't getting each others text messages?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Both my husband and I have an I phone between us but use the same email account. Is there a way to separate our I Cloud accts so we aren't getting each others text messages?

One of you will need to go your iCloud settings and delete the account from your device. When asked to keep data, say yes if you want to keep it. Then you'll need to create your own iCloud account which will include your choice of an @icloud.com email address.

What same email account are you sharing? An @icloud.com email? If you want things separate like texts, you'll each need your own iCloud account. For instance, my wife and I both have our own Apple IDs and our own iCloud accounts. We don't share any accounts, however we have some Reimnders shared for a grocery list and a to-do list.

If you want to share purchases like apps, just stay signed in to the App Store with the same ID, but use separate iCloud accounts to keep your stuff separate.

Binx66

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
One of you will need to go your iCloud settings and delete the account from your device. When asked to keep data, say yes if you want to keep it. Then you'll need to create your own iCloud account which will include your choice of an @icloud.com email address.

What same email account are you sharing? An @icloud.com email? If you want things separate like texts, you'll each need your own iCloud account. For instance, my wife and I both have our own Apple IDs and our own iCloud accounts. We don't share any accounts, however we have some Reimnders shared for a grocery list and a to-do list.

If you want to share purchases like apps, just stay signed in to the App Store with the same ID, but use separate iCloud accounts to keep your stuff separate.

Thanks I think it worked. We share an Apple ID acct but I think I set up a new I Cloud account for my husband. I still get a text back to me whenever I text him but at least we aren't getting each others texts from other people.

Last edited:

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks I think it worked. We share an Apple ID acct but I think I set up a new I Cloud account for my husband. I still get a text back to me whenever I text him but at least we aren't getting each others texts from other people.

Okay, now you need to go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the address you don't want to receive messages to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 127
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.