Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocketron65

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
west yorks uk
eta early next week

Hi guys just purchased imac 27'' 2.9ghz i5 @ 1499 gbp from krcs in wakefield west yorkshire uk on the 23rd Jan,w/c 4th feb eta.hope this to be accurate,also purchased magic trackpad 59 gbp,and elgato tv 49.99 gbp usb c/w coaxial slot to use my external ariel direct,third party samsung optical drive 27gbp v 65gbp apple superdrive and 16gb kit of ram from crucial 67.19 gbp v 160gbp apple cost.Should I keep wireless keypad or opt for numerical wired? Cheers
Rawknee

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
Well done you, cngratulations!

With regards to the wirede keybaord question is mostly up to you, the wired keyboard does not require batteries, you can plug a USB device in to it directly and the num pad can be handy if you have to type lot's of number every day.

Wireless has the benefit to be moved in to a drawer easisly while not being used and in my opinion is more stylish.

You choose according your needs!

jlmcclellan

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Just ordered two days ago:

27-inch iMac

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

:D

rocketron65

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
west yorks uk
Hi guys just purchased imac 27'' 2.9ghz i5 @ 1499 gbp from krcs in wakefield west yorkshire uk on the 23rd Jan,w/c 4th feb eta.hope this to be accurate,also purchased magic trackpad 59 gbp,and elgato tv 49.99 gbp usb c/w coaxial slot to use my external ariel direct,third party samsung optical drive 27gbp v 65gbp apple superdrive and 16gb kit of ram from crucial 67.19 gbp v 160gbp apple cost.Should I keep wireless keypad or opt for numerical wired? Cheers
Rawknee

Notified ready for collection 03/02/2013 Collecting tuesday 05/02/2013 from krcs uk,delivery earlier than expected after reading negative threads.
Rawknee

MadJens

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2013
I ordered a 21.5" iMac with i7 and the delivery time shows 3-4 weeks. That's a long time! Usually, does it really take the amount of time Apple is estimating or could I be lucky and delivery will go faster?

RatHat

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2011
I have ordered a 27" iMac:

32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive

Shipped today, now looking forward to delivery!

Aerodyne

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Reading.
After 'going iPhone' late last year I've just ordered my first iMac. Entry level 21.5-inch model, probably pick up an external drive for it. Just registering on here and joining the party as this site seems like it's going to be a pretty useful resource :)

ihackit

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
UK
Ordered on 27th Jan expected 22nd Feb – 1st March

Hi guys. I ordered the following 27" iMac from the Apple website, via the student store, to be delivered to the UK >>

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad

I placed the order on 27th Jan and was notified it's expected 22nd Feb – 1st March. I've not seen any change in status yet, it still shows 'processing items' on the Apple website.

@rocketron65's sub 2 week expected delivery (and actual arrival) seems quick to me considering I ordered 4 days after him and I'm told to expect min. 3.5 weeks wait.

The Apple site now is saying dispatched 4-6 weeks on new orders, which makes me wonder if there is any possibility of mine even being delayed longer than stated on my order??

SamPhoto

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2007
Ordered Feb 2:
iMac
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Mar 4 - Mar 11 via Standard Shipping

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Ordered Feb 2:
iMac
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive

Delivers Mar 4 - Mar 11 via Standard Shipping

Why 16 GB? You can upgrade it yourself easily for a lot cheaper.

lollorenzo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2010
Udine, Italy
Ordered Jan 28
iMac 21.5"
2,7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GT 640M

Delivers: Feb 27 - Mar 6 via Express Shipping

Waiting.... :)

gzigoris

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2013
Middle MI.USA

Ordered my 27 inch I7 today. Stayed with 8 gig going to add memory myself. 3 tb drive and 2gig video. I have a month to get some memory and a blue ray player. Now I would like some suggestions as to what brand of Memory and where to purchase also Would it be wise to get a Blue ray burner or just a player. I don't usually copy movie files. love to hear from you guys as this is my first MAC. Really excited though.:)

SamPhoto

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2007
Ordered my 27 inch I7 today. Stayed with 8 gig going to add memory myself. 3 tb drive and 2gig video. I have a month to get some memory and a blue ray player. Now I would like some suggestions as to what brand of Memory and where to purchase also Would it be wise to get a Blue ray burner or just a player. I don't usually copy movie files. love to hear from you guys as this is my first MAC. Really excited though.:)

I ordered the same iMac on Feb 2nd. I've ordered RAM from OWC for every Mac I've ever owned, and for this one I ordered 16gb.

Congrats on your first Mac. And a great one you have coming, too!

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
It's finally here!!

Here's my little iMac story:

Ordered the base model 21.5" iMac directly from Apple here in the UK on the 31st January for £967.00 with a Student discount. My estimated delivery time frame was 20th Feb - 26th Feb.

I started browsing eBay for an iMac even after I ordered one from Apple because I didn't think I could wait that long.

Anyway, I came across someone selling a brand new one for £999.00 Buy it Now (only £32.00 more than I already was going to be paying to Apple) but, here's the best bit, it was ready to ship AND it was the model up from the base model. The one with a 2.9Ghz processor and the 650M graphics card.

So I just thought to myself, "Why not?"

So I went ahead and cancelled my order with Apple and bought the brand new one off eBay on the 7th Feb.

It's now the 9th Feb and it turned up at 9:10am this morning.

I'm typing on it right now and I'm absolutely loving it. It's my very first iMac as well.

Hope you guys who are still waiting can stick it out, because I couldn't :)

IMG_2158_zpsb7504591.jpg

whitel4

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
UK
Loving the iMac

Walked into the apple store yesterday and to my surprise they had iMacs in store!! ok, order cancelled and got my iMac there and then!!

Check out your local stores guys!! might save you the wait.

I think its disgusting that apple are stocking up stores before completing orders but hey I benefited from this!.

No problems with the iMac to date. Great device and im still learning how to navigate around but will get use to it!

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
I think its disgusting that apple are stocking up stores before completing orders but hey I benefited from this!.

It's not "disgusting", but normal. It's a lucky dip when walking into an Apple store as to what (if anything as the case may be with the 27") they have in stock. But if you really want to ensure you get what you want or need, then BTO with the associated wait is the only route.

No different to car yards - they might have a new car in the spec you want on the lot but, chances are, it'll be a compromise or a wait for it to be built.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Walked into the apple store yesterday and to my surprise they had iMacs in store!! ok, order cancelled and got my iMac there and then!!

Check out your local stores guys!! might save you the wait.

Disgusting? That's an odd word to describe your point. Look at it from both sides. Some people live in areas where there's an Apple store and others don't. They should stock the stores for the people that live nearby. Still, you get more choices with an online order such BTO configs. It's all fair in the end, obviously for you it was. :)

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Apple shouldn't do it. Im not saying its not normal for apple. but they should fulfil customer orders first.

And whilst you say this, there's probably a walk-in customer who is "disgusted" about the lack of availability of the iMac in his or her local Apple store. There are some people who won't or can't order online, so they have to be catered to as well.

whitel4

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
UK
. There are some people who won't or can't order online, so they have to be catered to as well.

In this day and age? I can understand some people worry about bank payments online but many ways around that. Everyone has access to the net or knows someone, so can order there. If they dont they are in a tride in the middle of the amazon rain forest and dont have the need for a Mac.

I didnt right this post to have an argument what apple should or shouldnt be doing. I personally believe they should fulfil orders before stores.

My point here was just to advise those out there that they can try calling there local store or popping in for a visit to check stock levels. Yes BTO will be different I guess. I dont have much experience.

And the apple store is not local to me..... actually 30+ miles away.

----------

Disgusting? That's an odd word to describe your point. Look at it from both sides. Some people live in areas where there's an Apple store and others don't. They should stock the stores for the people that live nearby. Still, you get more choices with an online order such BTO configs. It's all fair in the end, obviously for you it was. :)

Maybe disgusting was a bit strong. I know why they do it. Joe Bloggs walks in and falls in love. wants it there and then. or goes away and finds a PC elsewhere. Its logical.

Just the fact 4-6 weeks wait in the UK for a 27" model! its not a great customer experience for those who have waited ages.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Hi white..how is your mac?? can you post some benchmarks results, some cinemax results, because your config i would like to buy too, but i just want to know how fusion drive and geforce 650m is. Thank you

whitel4

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
UK
Hi white..how is your mac?? can you post some benchmarks results, some cinemax results, because your config i would like to buy too, but i just want to know how fusion drive and geforce 650m is. Thank you

I need to change my signature.... The store had 27" models available and so i upgraded myself

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008

That's not the case at all.

Apple is filling all iMac orders on a 'first come, first served' basis.

You fail to realize the stores put their orders in long before you even had a chance to order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.