Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
I got the last silver and black = )
tumblr_lgwg3vWsws1qekkzyo1_400.gif

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
I wish I could say the same. I ordered on the 27th and its the 31st and no case yet ! :eek: And yes, I do have a prime account. I checked the tracking status and is still in transit ... I don't know how that happened. Anyways, contacted Amazon and told them my story and they are going to refund me $46.95 back my account because they missed their delivery date miserably and told me to enjoy my item when it finally arrives. So in the end it worked well for me :)

so you got this bumper for free? pretty fantastic customer service from Amazon if i so myself.

i'd love to try this bumper out but i'm too enamored by the Air Jacket to drop another $50 on a case. even at such a premium price, these 2 products seem to be the cases/bumpers for the iPhone 5 by a long shot.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
so you got this bumper for free? pretty fantastic customer service from Amazon if i so myself.

i'd love to try this bumper out but i'm too enamored by the Air Jacket to drop another $50 on a case. even at such a premium price, these 2 products seem to be the cases/bumpers for the iPhone 5 by a long shot.

Very true ... I currently have the power support black air jacket and I'm loving it . I lucked out by getting this one free basically . Amazon customer service is great .

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Very true ... I currently have the power support black air jacket and I'm loving it . I lucked out by getting this one free basically . Amazon customer service is great .

I think this is the sexiest bumper out there for the iphone 5, but I love the matte black power support air jacket. It looks great on the black iPhone 5 with full black screen, and full black back with no branding to be seen. I like this bumper, but it probably isn't going to work for me. I switch cases a lot. Air jacket is my everyday case, speck case when I road cycle every weekend since it fits my iPhone 4 lifeproof bike mount perfectly, and I plan on getting 4 protection case for water sports activity. If I get this bumper, I would want some type of back plate or back screen protector. I don't think a back protector will work with the cases I use or plan to use. But this is the bumper I would get if I want a bumper case... but I still think the matte black air jacket is a sexier case... and feels great in my hands.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
I have this bumper and I have a Trunket backing.

No issues with the build. No stickers used and power button clicks just like volume buttons.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
I think this is the sexiest bumper out there for the iphone 5, but I love the matte black power support air jacket. It looks great on the black iPhone 5 with full black screen, and full black back with no branding to be seen. I like this bumper, but it probably isn't going to work for me. I switch cases a lot. Air jacket is my everyday case, speck case when I road cycle every weekend since it fits my iPhone 4 lifeproof bike mount perfectly, and I plan on getting 4 protection case for water sports activity. If I get this bumper, I would want some type of back plate or back screen protector. I don't think a back protector will work with the cases I use or plan to use. But this is the bumper I would get if I want a bumper case... but I still think the matte black air jacket is a sexier case... and feels great in my hands.

I'm getting tired of waiting for the bumper to be on amazon. How would you compare the air jacket to the bumper? I have a caze thinedge right now but the air jacket has always caught my eye.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I'm getting tired of waiting for the bumper to be on amazon. How would you compare the air jacket to the bumper? I have a caze thinedge right now but the air jacket has always caught my eye.

To be fair to the thread, I prefer not to hijack the thread to talk about other cases. I feel you on getting tired of waiting. I do think the power support flat bumper is a sexy bumper case... and I'm pretty sure I would have bought it if the black version was available on amazon.

BTW... I PM'd you on why I like the air jacket for my everyday case.:)

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I just put in the order for the Black/Blue one. Looking forward to comparing this to the SGP Neo Hybrid, which I have been very happy with thusfar.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
i agree...very tempting...

can some of you owners out there comment on button responsiveness that i have heard (read) a few complaints of?

more pictures and movies, too are always appreciated.

Volume buttons are easy to press, you can hear them click.

Power/Sleep button depends.

I have one that is easy to press and can hear a click.

Others, you need clear stickers (comes in package) and add them under the button.
I have tried more than 2 bumpers. 1 - I didn't need a sticker but it was semi-hard to press to get a response. 2 - I had to add 2 stickers to get a response. No clicks on either of them.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Volume buttons are easy to press, you can hear them click.

Power/Sleep button depends.

I have one that is easy to press and can hear a click.

Others, you need clear stickers (comes in package) and add them under the button.
I have tried more than 2 bumpers. 1 - I didn't need a sticker but it was semi-hard to press to get a response. 2 - I had to add 2 stickers to get a response. No clicks on either of them.

Horrible experience here. I tried none, one, two stickers and I even tried putting them directly on the power button itself with no luck whatsoever. This is obviously a fatal flaw. Back to Amazon it goes.....

Edit: In a last ditch effort, I tried 2 pieces of black electrical tape. It seems to have done the trick. The power button feedback is not the best but it is usable.

Last edited:

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Horrible experience here. I tried none, one, two stickers and I even tried putting them directly on the power button itself with no luck whatsoever. This is obviously a fatal flaw. Back to Amazon it goes.....

Edit: In a last ditch effort, I tried 2 pieces of black electrical tape. It seems to have done the trick. The power button feedback is not the best but it is usable.

A reviewer in the earlier pages said it comes with five stickers for the power button.

cheesebanana

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Two questions:

1) does anybody have any photos of the blue one (on a black i5 preferably?)

2) does the case have any 'give', I currently have the sgp linear ex metal slim, and it has waaaaaay too much give. totally flexes and shifts as you hold the phone and feels hella cheap

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Two questions:

1) does anybody have any photos of the blue one (on a black i5 preferably?)

2) does the case have any 'give', I currently have the sgp linear ex metal slim, and it has waaaaaay too much give. totally flexes and shifts as you hold the phone and feels hella cheap

Here's the blue...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360245199.557178.jpg

No give whatsoever.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

Yeah, I screwed up 3 of them. The two that I was able to successfully put on didn't do the trick. I suspect that I would have needed at least 3 stickers to get any semblance of tactile feedback. I barely get that "click" with the electrical tape.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.