Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talos6608

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Last week my iPhoto crashed and when I reopened the program, it took a few minutes to open then every single picture I'd ever deleted from iPhoto had somehow returned in the events and photo library. My iPhoto and system trash were empty at the time of the crash. I want to know how I permanently delete these photos from my computer. I'm also running low on HD space and getting rid of photos I dont want would help. Thanks for any information.

-Talos

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
after a round of deletions from events, do you veryify that they are in the iPhoto trash and then empty the iPhoto trash? I havent used iPhoto for a while, but aperture has reject which is different than delete. I have to move my rejected images to the trash and then empty the trash. Could be something like that on iPhoto?

Talos6608

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Yes for these photos I did verify that they were in the iPhoto trash then I emptied the trash. Is there a reason that they would go to another folder on my computer and not be deleted?

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
I deleted my iPhoto library as well...

I was working in iMovie when I noticed I was low on space. When I looked in "Storage Stats" I saw I had just over 5 gigs of photos !!!?????

I can't find where these damn photos are BUT I dont do any iPhoto on my Laptop and went so far as to DELETE iPhoto... I still have over 5 gigs of photos and can't find them on my HD anywhere ????

What is up with that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.