Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpletcher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Michigan
I am running into an issue with setting up my Time Capsule to an existing network. I had it running perfectly before in this mode however I had to reset my router for other reasons. This also involved removing and then reading the password.

Meaning that I needed to reconnect the Time Capsule to my existing network. I followed the exact same steps as before which included holding the reset button in the back and plugging in manually with an ethernet cord. However, once I finish entering the required information and click the final button to set it up, the window stays on 'Waiting for Time Capsule' and errors out with "An Unexpected Error has Occurred'. How do I fix this issue and get it back to working properly?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I am running into an issue with setting up my Time Capsule to an existing network. I had it running perfectly before in this mode however I had to reset my router for other reasons. This also involved removing and then reading the password.

Meaning that I needed to reconnect the Time Capsule to my existing network. I followed the exact same steps as before which included holding the reset button in the back and plugging in manually with an ethernet cord. However, once I finish entering the required information and click the final button to set it up, the window stays on 'Waiting for Time Capsule' and errors out with "An Unexpected Error has Occurred'. How do I fix this issue and get it back to working properly?

So...what does this have to do with the Apple TV or home theater? Maybe you should post in a more appropriate thread for help on this.

bpletcher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Michigan
I had also posted this in Mac Peripherals, which I thought was the most appropriate area, about four days ago. Unfortunatly it didnt get a single hit so I was trying to see if I could get any answers in here since my TC is used for a 'Home Theater' setup. I have searched online to no prevail and am just hoping to find an answer to this issue sooner rather than later.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I had also posted this in Mac Peripherals, which I thought was the most appropriate area, about four days ago. Unfortunatly it didnt get a single hit so I was trying to see if I could get any answers in here since my TC is used for a 'Home Theater' setup. I have searched online to no prevail and am just hoping to find an answer to this issue sooner rather than later.
Have you tried the Apple Time Capsule forum? Lot's of expertise there. Understand your anxiety and need to get it fixed and just trying to steer you to somewhere you are most likely to get your questions answered.

bpletcher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Michigan
I appreciate your help in helping me find a solution to this matter. Where about is the Time Capsule Forum located? I cant seem to locate the appropriate forum for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.