Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheiPodPerson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Syracuse
For about a year I have been contemplating a new MacMini or and iMac. I am a semi-pro video editor currently in college, so funds are not available to get a Mac Pro. My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?

*RAM would be purchased from macsales.com

Thanks,
Jordan :apple:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?
Either one can easily handle the workload you described.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
For about a year I have been contemplating a new MacMini or and iMac. I am a semi-pro video editor currently in college, so funds are not available to get a Mac Pro. My question is should I get an iMac 21" maxed out or a Mac Mini maxed out* w/ a broadcast quality display? Does the Mac Mini have the power to run the Adobe Suite seamlessly, as well as Avid?

*RAM would be purchased from macsales.com

Thanks,
Jordan :apple:

What's the price difference between the two, and then ask yourself if the really nice 21.5" anti-glare screen on the new iMac is worth that price difference.

It's worth noting that you can only get the integrated graphics with the Mini but the iMac has a much better Nvidia graphics chipset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.