Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
He has something somewhat different than regular EPP as he gets the full discount Apple employees get, because he works at Pixar apparently.

For most companies that qualify for EPP, it's 6% off the iMac and 8% off of Mac "pro" products include pro macbooks, etc.

Yes, sorry, thought I'd made that clear upstream in the thread. Apple employees and those with closely affiliated companies get a nice break. There are several of "us" posting here.

Regardless, it's still a mystery as to when the iMacs will open for order in any EPP store. They are showing up in Apple store inventories and at Bestbuy, Amazon etc, yet the online store is still showing 3-4 weeks for the 27". Even the iPad Mini, now available in any configuration at most brick/mortar stores, shows as "currently unavailable" at EPP stores.

I can be patient, but by current iMac is showing serious signs of aging.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
Depressing wait

I'm getting depressed waiting for the EPP discounts, thinking that there might not be a discount until May at this rate, which would be 6 months before they announce the next upgrade :/

I'm not optimistic given that the shipping times haven't changed and it's now February. I'm sure all the display issues I keep reading about aren't helping.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
I noticed something different today when I did my daily EPP store check. I saw the usual "currently unavailable" under the two iMacs... but this time it showed the (discounted) prices. It also showed EPP prices for the iPad Mini.

I don't recall seeing that before, or if it even means anything. Whatever the case, there are some here who don't know what their EPP discount is, so maybe they can finally have that info.

whitel4

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
UK
I noticed something different today when I did my daily EPP store check. I saw the usual "currently unavailable" under the two iMacs... but this time it showed the (discounted) prices. It also showed EPP prices for the iPad Mini.

I don't recall seeing that before, or if it even means anything. Whatever the case, there are some here who don't know what their EPP discount is, so maybe they can finally have that info.

EPP hasnt changed here in the UK. No discount. Just on Apple care

25%! I thought EPP was approx a 8% discount...
That is a big discount you have there

----------

I just noticed the educational discounts are applicable to the new iMacs

Apple employees (and by extension the employees of a few other select companies such as Pixar) are given the following discounts:

10% any item in Apple Store
25% on hardware for personal use (limit 1 of each type per year)
15% on hardware for friends & family (limit 3 of each type per year)

I'm patiently waiting for Apple to release the iMacs to the EPP program so that I can upgrade my 4.5+ year old MBP.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
When did Discover add that not applying to iMac etc? When I placed my order 2 weeks ago that was definitely not there. But since I haven't been charged for the iMac yet I'm wondering if I'll get that 5% cashback...

It was not there on Nov 30 when I ordered, now it is. I'm ready to fight them because they added that after I placed the order. I'd hate to lose 5% back on a $2384 purchase.

Discover is fighting me on the cashback because the terms and conditions state "Not valid on iMac." This despite the fact that the iMac exclusion didn't happen for days (weeks?) after my purchase.

I'm probably going to cancel my Discover card if they don't resolve this. I made the purchase on November 30, so this should be resolved by now. :(

BSoares, you ever get your cashback?

*EDIT*

After speaking to a manager, it's been mysteriously approved. Apparently the iMac was excluded from the very beginning, but didn't REFLECT THAT on Discover's terms and conditions page (wtf?). So because of that, the cashback will be honored. I'll believe it when I see it on my account page...

Last edited:

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
I've recently heard rumors & grumblings that the new imacs should be available through EPP on or around 3/15.

we'll see if that holds true.

That's great news, if true. Fingers are crossed. March 15 seems like forever with my current iMac spinning beach balls like crazy. But it's workable.

I was getting worried as the iPad Minis are finally in the EPP store, available to order at the exact same time as the regular online store showed them available for immediate shipments.

With 27" iMacs still showing 3-4 weeks, and if it follows they won't be EPP available until they get caught up... that could be a LOOONNGG time.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Discover is fighting me on the cashback because the terms and conditions state "Not valid on iMac." This despite the fact that the iMac exclusion didn't happen for days (weeks?) after my purchase.

I'm probably going to cancel my Discover card if they don't resolve this. I made the purchase on November 30, so this should be resolved by now. :(

BSoares, you ever get your cashback?

*EDIT*

After speaking to a manager, it's been mysteriously approved. Apparently the iMac was excluded from the very beginning, but didn't REFLECT THAT on Discover's terms and conditions page (wtf?). So because of that, the cashback will be honored. I'll believe it when I see it on my account page...

No, they gave me the same BS you got and I just didn't fight back. Maybe now that I know you got it, I'll try again. Thx

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Just sent them a new message asking for my cash back. Let's see what happens...

Edit: just got this:

Thank you for contacting us about the status of a 5% Cashback Bonus for a purchase you made with Apple. I am happy to inform you that we have increased your Cashback Bonus by $119.20. You will see the increase on your next statement under the "Everywhere Else" category.

That was easy :)

Last edited:

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
Good news from the non-EPP store. The shipping lag times for 21" used to be 2-3 weeks, the 27" was 3-4 weeks. Now both are suddenly 1-3 days.

No movement yet in the EPP store ("currently unavailable"... WAAA!), but this is a step in the right direction and gives me more hope that the March 15 date is true. At the very least, we won't have to wait several weeks for our iMacs to be shipped.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
That's crazy good news!!! I'm excited.. this means discounts by March 15 might actually happen!!:D

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Just sent them a new message asking for my cash back. Let's see what happens...

Edit: just got this:

Thank you for contacting us about the status of a 5% Cashback Bonus for a purchase you made with Apple. I am happy to inform you that we have increased your Cashback Bonus by $119.20. You will see the increase on your next statement under the "Everywhere Else" category.

That was easy :)

Awesome. Do I get a cut? :p

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
I called the EPP line. The guy offered me a 5% discount and then reneged :confused: saying his boss wouldn't clear it. He said they couldn't speculate on when the EPPs will go into effect. I'm hoping whoever heard March 15, heard it from a reliable source.

mac.rumors

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
London, UK
iMac EPP prices available now!

I just checked my corporate EPP page and the new iMacs are available at discounted prices. I spec'd a 1 TB Fusion 3.4 Ghz 680MX 2GB with 8GB RAM and the price was same as that available on the Education store.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I just checked my corporate EPP page and the new iMacs are available at discounted prices. I spec'd a 1 TB Fusion 3.4 Ghz 680MX 2GB with 8GB RAM and the price was same as that available on the Education store.

Ditto. I see EPP pricing too now.
Thing is now it has been such a log wait that I'm debating if I just want to wait until the next release.

Last edited:

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
Placed my order. It was on par with edu pricing. Didn't save as much money as I did with my MBP order. About 200 bucks. I guess it was worth the wait. I hoped for a slightly better discount. I was also taken aback by tax being added after the order. I thought the estimates would include tax.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
Placed my order. It was on par with edu pricing. Didn't save as much money as I did with my MBP order. About 200 bucks. I guess it was worth the wait. I hoped for a slightly better discount. I was also taken aback by tax being added after the order. I thought the estimates would include tax.

Looks like a 6% discount on the iMacs vs an 8% discount on MBPs. I was hoping for more, especially with Haswell being released in early June. (yes I know Haswell doesn't improve much on desktop processors and that it could be fall before we see it in an iMac)

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
So I guess that March 15 EPP availability date turned out to be bogus.

:p

Seriously - When I saw this thread had been bumped, I got my hopes up. Read the posts, SPRINTED to my MacBook and logged in. YAY!

Ordered:

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
• 768GB Flash Storage
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Now for the longest "5 to 7 business days" ever...

Last edited:
I've recently heard rumors & grumblings that the new imacs should be available through EPP on or around 3/15.

we'll see if that holds true.

So I guess that March 15 EPP availability date turned out to be bogus.

:p

Seriously - When I saw this thread had been bumped, I got my hopes up. Read the posts, SPRINTED to my MacBook and logged in. YAY!

Ordered:

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
• 768GB Flash Storage
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Now for the longest "5 to 7 business days" ever...
i did say on or before March 15

my brother ordered my 27" for me yesterday

27" 2.9GHz with 1TB Fusion

estimated production 5-7 days, arrival Mar 27-29

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.