Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pr0230

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I would like apple to make a break out product and the IPAD 5 (from what I see in the sneak preview) is just a larger mini iPad.... Im glad I just bought the Ipad 4.

I think the new ipad should compete with the MS surface RT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk41gSm74yw

Wish list for IPAD 5
1: Apple needs to catch up with MS, can you imagine that....
at a min it should have the 16:9 aspect ratio for viewing movies..
2: one usb port, with ability to plug in bluray player or external drive.
3: Ability to do two active processes.
4: ALL Ipads should have WIFI, optional Cellular(data) and optiona PHONE as well.

On a side issue I would like ALL Apple Laptops to have removable screens.

Last edited:

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Just buy a laptop.

I can honestly say I wouldn't want any of those things listed.

Apple isn't going to make the iPad and iPhone "revolutionary" like most people want. They've already done that and are mature products now.

These products are going to be evolutionary for awhile. Until they come up with a new product that changes the game in another sector, that will be revolutionary.

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
A Microsoft Surface would be a perfect match to what you want.
A product wont change for what the minority wants.
16:9 for an iPad wouldn't be what I want, it's not a lets-watch-movies-everywhere device.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I would like apple to make a break out product and the IPAD 5 (from what I see in the sneak preview) is just a larger mini iPad.... Im glad I just bought the Ipad 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk41gSm74yw

Wish list for IPAD 5
at a min it should have the 16:9 aspect ratio for viewing movies..
2: one hdmi port, with ability to plug in bluray player or external drive.
3: Ability to do two active processes.
4: ALL Ipads should have WIFI, optional Cellular(data) and optiona PHONE as well.

On a side issue I would like ALL Apple Laptops to have removable screens.

If the iPad had all of the things you are asking for, I wouldn't bother buying one.....especially with a 16:9 aspect ratio....

I find it hilarious you think the iPad needs to "compete" with the Surface RT.....

I doubt the iPad even realizes the Surface RT exists given how far behind the Surface RT seems to be (in sales, reviews, battery life, display quality, app selection).

Oh - and please, for the love of everything that is good in this world, keep iOS and OSX and everything Apple FAR FAR FAR away from anything "Windows". I applaud them for the "out-of-the-box" thinking on Win8, but I absolutely hate Windows and things I've heard and experienced with Win8 wouldn't change that.

You just go buy the Surface - leave the iPad alone, its just fine.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
at a min it should have the 16:9 aspect ratio for viewing movies...

Videos are such a small part of what i use the iPad for. 4:3 is far superior for most regular tasks like web browsing and reading documents, comics, magazines, and pdfs.

Now to be fair, the widescreen format is very good for the Windows 8 1/3 - 2/3 interface.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
im gonnahave to say that that is the worst set of features put together on a wish list I hvae seen yet. And we have all seen some crazy ones right?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
I'm disappointed by the Oscar results from later this month. I mean, what were they thinking?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
1. 16:9 would be horrible in portrait.
2. You have an option for an HDMI port already. It doesn't need to be standard.
3. How often do you really want to be texting someone while watching a video?
4. All iPads do come with Wi-Fi and the option to get cellular. They all also come with FaceTime preinstalled. Don't like FaceTime? Install Microsoft's Skype.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
I think the problem with 16:9 is that people think the ipad is a movie device, its not, its a computer type replacement that can play movies. If people want a movie player, arent their 16:9 devices specifically just for movies that could/would be cheaper?

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
You're disappointed in something that officially doesn't even exist yet, and your wish list is for something that is completely not even an iPad, so I guess that somehow works out.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I find that life offers so many disappointments that being disappointed in something that doesn't exist yet is a worthless waste of time.

Talk to me when the iPad 5 is out. Then I will tell you to cut the dramatics and don't buy it. An iPad is not a necessity by any means.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006

The Surface will soon scrape bottom. Please let MS do their own idea of excellence and leave Apple be. The ideas were fatuous.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
How can you show disappointment in a product that isnt out or even confirmed specification!

That's like saying you are disappointed by a movie, you haven't seen anything about!

jazzbo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2008
Bangor, ME
The best thing about this post is that he seems to be perfectly happy with his ipad 4. Even though that device doesn't do any of these either, but now that MS has invented these magical new features that no one had considered before, well, the ipad 5 is in trouble....

hobx

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Sod the five. I've heard the six won't support direct x. Outrageous!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.