Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
I'd buy some mountain-top strip-mined land that had been reduced to moonscape, then buy several million blocks of ice and hire some workers to transport and lay out half of the blocks of ice atop the mountain so that they spell out the phrase "Melt!" when viewed from above.

The other half I'd have arranged to spell out "Melt!" vertically, in "letters" large enough in size so that it could be viewed from a Interstate highway and other points located many miles away from the site.

Having both viewing angles covered, while waiting for spring to come and melt the ice, I'd begin construction of the world's tallest aeolian wind harp on the other side of the mountain, which would hopefully be completed by Memorial Day.

Then I'd wait for the either the aliens in a spaceship or droves of hippie chicks in VW buses to begin showing up... (in the best case scenario, both would)

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I'd buy some mountain-top strip-mined land that had been reduced to moonscape, then buy several million blocks of ice and hire some workers to transport and lay out half of the blocks of ice atop the mountain so that they spell out the phrase "Melt!" when viewed from above.

The other half I'd have arranged to spell out "Melt!" vertically, in "letters" large enough in size so that it could be viewed from a Interstate highway and other points located many miles away from the site.

Having both viewing angles covered, while waiting for spring to come and melt the ice, I'd begin construction of the world's tallest aeolian wind harp on the other side of the mountain, which would hopefully be completed by Memorial Day.

Then I'd wait for the either the aliens in a spaceship or droves of hippie chicks in VW buses to begin showing up... (in the best case scenario, both would)

Finally something that genuinely qualifies as weird!

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
I would buy Schloss island and build a log mansion with the native tress ... google it ... this island is in the most awesome spot. :D

Wow. That's a real fantasy, almost utopia.

The rich guy down the street bought a bunch of llamas to roam around his larg-ish yard. Is that weird? I guess the parameters of weird expand in direct proportion to worth.

Here's one. Living in California, how about if I lease a new car every six months to avoid having to have a license plate?

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I would get my own personal mechanic who works for me and only me .
I would buy the Concorde airplane , I'm rich so I can afford it .
I would buy a few acres of land and build a very big house on it and my Garage will be the size of a warehouse . The cheapest car I will have might be a 2013 Corolla. There' a lot more stuff that I'd buy .

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
I'd buy a villa in Monaco and then start the car collection.

Audi S5 (for practicality :p)
Audi R8 V10
McLaren MP4-12C Spider
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Aston Martin Vanquish
Koenigsegg Agera R

Probably some other cars.

Maybe a yacht
Maybe a jet

And then I'd donate some to charity.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Depending on how much I won, I would buy a couple (or several if i won more) houses and rent them out. And then buy my own of course, and live there. :)

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
If I have enought money I would then buy the City of Detroit , Demolish everything and rebuild new homes and open a crapload of businesses and then sell the new homes for dirt cheap and then Detroit will be back to number 1.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
I play the lottery a lot and have a boring job at times, I have thought about this a lot. Unfortunately, I'm married with three kids so most of my dreams are shot.

1. Bigger house but not crazy big.
2. Whiten teeth (just hate looking at them)
3. Full body hair removal including face. (not legs or arms)
4. Personal trainer, my house.
5. personal trainer, for my wife.
6. Enroll kids in more after school stuff since I'll be home to drive em and pay for it.
7. At least four vacations a year (2 summer (one always involves a beach), 1 winter with family and 1 ski trip with buddies when we get super high and act like dicks for three days)

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Laser Jetshark.

Laser_Shark_by_McGibs.jpg

xtremr

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
I think this may fall in the "weird" category: buy all the exotic succulent plants in the world to be placed in my enormous backyard in my brand new home and have an expert gardener take care of it for me.

Of course I'll do the conventional stuff like buying certain family members a home, paying off debts, and new fancy cars...

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I think this may fall in the "weird" category: buy all the exotic succulent plants in the world to be placed in my enormous backyard in my brand new home and have an expert gardener take care of it for me.

Of course I'll do the conventional stuff like buying certain family members a home, paying off debts, and new fancy cars...

I think buying ALL the succulent plants in the world certainly falls into weird. I approve!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.