Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The third week of Apple's "Get Stuff Done" Mac App Store promotion began today, dropping prices on a new set of apps. During the first week of the promotion Apple discounted several task management apps, and last week, several organizational apps went on sale.

gtdweek3.jpg
This week Apple is highlighting apps that fall into the Mac Utility category, such as login-saving app 1Password and popular calendar app Fantastical. Here's a full list of this week's sale apps along with pricing information:

-1Password: $24.99 down from $49.99 [Direct Link]
-Fantastical: $9.99 down from $19.99 [Direct Link]
-PopClip: $2.99 down from $4.99 [Direct Link]
-Soulver: $12.99 down from $19.99 [Direct Link]
-Snagit: $24.99 down from $49.99 [Direct Link]
-Clarify: $14.99 down from $29.99 [Direct Link]
-mSecure: $9.99 down from $19.99 [Direct Link]
-Dropzone: $1.99 down from $4.99 [Direct Link]
-Yoink: $1.99 down from $2.99 [Direct Link]
-Keycard: $4.99 down from $6.99 [Direct Link]

The sale on these apps will last from February 7 to February 14, which will mark the end of Apple's three week promotion.

Article Link: Third Week of Apple's 'Get Stuff Done' Promotion Features Utility Apps

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Holy crap when the hell did 1Password become so expensive? I remember picking it up in one of the first MacHeist bundles for $45, which included Pixelmator and a bunch of other decent apps. Even the non-promo version of 1Password wasn't THAT expensive.

I dont quite understand why people will pay that much for it, especially given there are a number of free ones now.

ossifer

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
No iWork?

One would think Apple might discount Apple's own "get stuff done" apps...

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Holy crap when the hell did 1Password become so expensive? I remember picking it up in one of the first MacHeist bundles for $45, which included Pixelmator and a bunch of other decent apps. Even the non-promo version of 1Password wasn't THAT expensive.

I dont quite understand why people will pay that much for it, especially given there are a number of free ones now.

Yupp, pretty greedy folks if you ask me.

Anyways, anyone should try PopClip.
Can't imagine being without it anymore. In fact... It should be an OS X feature.
Yes, it's that awesome. Totally love it, saving me tons of clicks and key presses.

Glassed Silver:mac

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA

Yeah that's really the only thing stopping me from buying it. Sure, right now it's 25 bucks, which in reality, isn't that much, but it's no something I absolutely need. If it was around 5 even 10 bucks I would buy it in a second. But regularly 50? No way.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Ah, yes, let's hope this goes better than their 'Stop Being so Goddamn Lazy' promotion.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
1Password is phenomenal. I've had it since a bundle and have bought upgrades. It is extremely useful. At that price it is a steal. And the iOS companion app for iPhone and iPad that syncs via dropbox is very handy to have when you are traveling or otherwise mobile.

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Anyone have feedback on Dropzone? That is the only one I don't have that I think I would use.

SnagIt is, IMHO, overrated. I prefer Skitch (version 1, before Evernote destroyed it).

mSecure I got during the Christmas sale and have to say am impressed with it.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

Because it works. Free is good ...so long as your time is.

----------

I already own most of these apps that have been featured in the promotion. :eek:

PopClip is absolutely amazing though.

Love PopClip and want to use it more.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada

1Password is great. I've tried others, but 1password is better. There's also the mobile app too which compliments the desktop version.

1Password has always been $39+.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
1Password is even better now with iCloud syncing. So much better than the dropbox syncing. Very easy to keep everything in sync; I couldn't imagine using a different password solution.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
1Password is even better now with iCloud syncing. So much better than the dropbox syncing. Very easy to keep everything in sync; I couldn't imagine using a different password solution.

Ill stick with my SplashID password app. Cheaper, and works well

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Developer said on Twitter there will be an upgrade fee to Version 4 that is due to be released soon for Mac. I hope you knew that before you purchased version 3.

That's wildly douchey since they've been saying for months that the App Store version gets a free upgrade to 4, and even have it on the website.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

I’d say... It should cost a couple of bucks.

nsfw

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2009
PopClip is probably the best thing I bought in the last 12 months. So great. Make sure you check out the plugins on the devs website.

Dropzone seems like a good idea but I rarely use it.

Fantastical is really nice but even at $9.99 its a little expensive. Some people love it.

So even after you buy 1password for $25 you have to buy the iOS app for $18? How does it work when you are on say a work computer and you need to get onto amazon and your password is at home? Do they have a web locker?

Last edited:

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

Unfortunately, 1Password for Mac still does not have iCloud syncing. I bought this last week along with the iOS versions and the Mac version is sorely missing it. Read the recent reviews. People are mentioning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.