Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Enough with the elongated iPhone 5 or 5S, time for apple to present a REALLY BRAND NEW DESIGNED iPhone (software and hardware, add auxo to iOS for example) or don't complain if people move to Samsung, Nexus or else :D

Do you want that as your next iDevice because Apple refuses to redesign/adapt its OS interface ?

iphone10.jpg

Last edited:

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Ew, 5" screen?? If they actually release this, which I doubt they will, I just hope they'll still have the 4" version. Why anyone wants 5" is beyond me, but it's only a personal preference.

big hands etc..

whats so hard not to grasp about that?:rolleyes:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Enough with the elongated iPhone 5 or 5S, time for apple bring a REALLY BRAND NEW DESIGNED iPhone (software and hardware, add auxo to iOS for example) or don't complain if people move to Samsung, Nexus or else :D

Do you want that as your next iDevice because Apple refuse/ to redesign/adapt its OS interface ?

I guess it's time to use a capital: Iphone ... LOL :D

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
Apple has been doomed since the time it started following market trends, not setting them, and even worse, following Samsung. Oblivion is all they deserve.

They've been doomed to the tune of what, $ 10's of billions of profits each Q? I wish I was that doomed. Morons.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Apple should change their name to Tomato- because Catchup seems to be their specialty these days. ;)

Brilliant!

That's likely to apply to more than just the phone this year.

Persistent rumors have the new Galaxy S4 being released months before the next iPhone.

Apples got their work cut out for them, like never before :)

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
I'm all for Apple releasing multiple sized iPhones, but releasing a 5S and 6 doesn't make sense. It would have to be a line extension... maybe they'll call it iPhone 4" and iPhone 5"; not unlike how they differentiate MacBooks today, by screen size.

I think the 5" will sell well, though many users who've been screaming for a larger display may find that the extra inch isn't going to change their lives like they thought it would. In fact, some of them may find that the trade-off in usability may not be worth it. As my co-worker recently said of his galaxy s3, "it's just big enough to be annoying to use"... and his hands are larger than average.

I think you're wrong. I've been toting around an iPad Mini past month and I find myself actually bothering to look at the ToDo List and Calendar as it is so much more pleasant to view. When I had just the iPhone, I did not even bother to take the time to look simply because it was too cramped for my eyes. Heck, I'm not even a Senior. I can only imaging how the old folk must feel at having to be forced into a 4 inch model whether they have glaucoma or not. The problem with the Mini Pad though is it can't fit in my pockets. I think a most significant, possibly even the majority, of phone users will actually choose the 5 inch over the 4 inch model if given a chance to do so while staying within their familiar Apple ecosystem.

Toshibo

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2012
this is not real

this is not real!
look on the lest side of "iPhone 6"! is the black iPhone 5 Button!

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

3.5" iPhone, 3.5" iPhone 4, 4" iPhone 5, and (mockup) 5" iPhone by iMore
Brightwire translates a report from the Chinese media which claims that Apple will be launching both an iPhone 5S and a 5" iPhone 6 this year:This rumor adds to a chorus of reports that Apple is seriously considering a larger form-factor iPhone in the near future. While early reports had suggested that such a model wouldn't see the light of day in 2013, later reports continue to point to a 4.8"-5.0" device coming soon from Apple.

All these rumors have generated a significant amount of speculation on how such a larger model might make sense in Apple's iPhone lineup, especially when comparing it to Samsung's current offerings.

Due to Apple's use of Chinese manufacturers and the need to prototype their designs, it's possible that all of these sightings could be true, yet Apple may still not launch such a device in 2013. If Apple does begin ramping up production for 2013, we expect we'll see parts of this larger device to also begin to leak out of China.

Article Link: Chinese Source Claims iPhone 5S and 5-Inch iPhone 6 to Launch in 2013

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I've been toting around an iPad Mini past month and I find myself actually bothering to look at the ToDo List and Calendar as it is so much more pleasant to view. When I had just the iPhone, I did not even bother to take the time to look simply because it was too cramped for my eyes.

The calendar looks cramped because it is still basically unchanged from the first iPhone which did not have the retina screen. It would work much better on a 3.5 to 4" screen if you could use smaller fonts, and it included a week view.

Cancelled
May 29, 2005
Make a 5-5.3" iPhone with 1920x1280 resolution (Quad iphone 4) and we'd be all good. Also make the smaller 4" version concurrently for those people who like itty bitty phones.

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Everyone complained about the 4" screen too but its awesome. I will buy the 5" for sure if it will happen. I doubt Apple will release two models because it will lead to consumer confusion.

teme

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
I doubt Apple will release two models because it will lead to consumer confusion.

They have iPad & iPad mini and customers don't seem to be that confused about them. Why two iPhone models would be confusing?

selva

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2011
They have iPad & iPad mini and customers don't seem to be that confused about them. Why two iPhone models would be confusing?

Because too many people here think they are iPundits and that they know what's best for others. Morons.

Paulio

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
I have had every major iPhone release... I don't really care what they do with hardware at this point. It's always beautiful, always feels great and is the best available when it's released..

I care about the tired OS. I'm really bored with it at this point... I bought an iPhone 5 in the fall and I'm thinking of giving it to my wife and jumping ship after all these years... It sucks because I'm so deep in the apple ecosystem... I have iPads iMacs MacBooks POWERBOOKS Apple TV's iPods and iPhones... but this will most likely be my last...

It's not that iOS isn't great- it is... But I'm bored with it. It looks the same as it always has and I'm ready for a change.....I think..

I'm sorry, but that is stupid. Just look at OSX, it has been around longer than iOS and looks very similar in its current state than its initial release. Look at OS 9, it looks nearly the same as OS 7 or even earlier. Most users complain when things change (even if they get better, look at the ribbon UI for Microsoft) and the reason they do that is because they have to relearn how to do everything. Apple is one of the rare companies that seriously puts a lot of thought and energy into every aspect of their products. When they make something, you know it will be insanely great.
What exactly are you bored with? An operating system that rarely crashes and rarely lags? You are threatening no one in lying how you'll be jumping ship because the beautiful and consistent UI makes you bored?

I for one embrace new ideas, I was wrong in my doubts of the 4" screen, I thought 3.5" was perfect. It isn't. If anyone can do a 5" device well, you know it will have an apple on it (not that Samsungs notes aren't great, they're just not as good as they could be).
I'm over the moon with my iPhone 5, the jailbreak tweaks keep me happy for the little things that I want different. But I haven't really touched changing the look, because it already is very nice. I'm hoping to keep this phone for ages, and sure as hell won't be swapping it for a lesser device because rounded squares are lame. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
I want the cheapest iPhone for when my iPhone 3GS dies! I hope having multiple range of phones pushes prices down on the smaller ones! I use my phone for a phone and just want iPhone for the looks and hassle free usage :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.