Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I just uploaded my first gopro video on YouTube. I mainly uploaded it for family and I think it turned out fine for what I was trying to accomplish. I used iMovie on my Mac and uploaded directly to YouTube from within the application. I uploaded in 720 HD and it worked fine, but my family is only able to view the video on a computer and not their mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, etc). What settings do I need to use within iMovie to upload in a format where anyone can see it regardless of source and in HD?

Thanks in advance.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
What settings do I need to use within iMovie to upload in a format where anyone can see it regardless of source and in HD?

Thanks in advance.

If your video contains a content ID managed track then it will be blocked from playing on a mobile device.

Either change the soundtrack to a royalty free track or create a soundtrack yourself in garageband.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
If your video contains a content ID managed track then it will be blocked from playing on a mobile device.

Either change the soundtrack to a royalty free track or create a soundtrack yourself in garageband.

This makes the most sense. I did add music to the video which I am sure has a royalty fee

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
the owner of every uploaded video can set if mobile devices are able to watch. Double check your settings. Maybe you forgot a check box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.