Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
It's different for every model : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431

Once you reset the PMU, your system will boot back up normally, and you will get a message saying that your clock is messed up. You HAVE TO OOOO change it back to normal, or when you open a webrowser it will say every site is bad, and not let you open it. right maine, yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

-Peace out girl scout

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
da efff maine DA BIG 6th letter maine Now the backlight won't turn on again, and when I hold down the power button for 5 seconds the fan just turn on and get really loud, then the computer goes back to normal, halp

34509645.jpg
An accurate representation of my undying misfortune

AlbertEinstein

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2013
So essentialy what you are saying is that your PowerBook G4's keyboard backlight isn't persistent? Does this happen while it is plugged in as well? Have you checked the energy-saver settings? Did you empty your caches? Booted into single-user mode and ran /sbin/fsck -fy? Reset the Power Manager?

We need the info "maaan".:apple:

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
I'm really not sure what you are talking about. Can you please give a clear and concise description of what is happening.

Well yes, as I explained sir, the other morning my keyboard backlight was working fine, right after I fixed it with the directions in the original post. But then when I turned it on the other day, it did not work. So I restarted my Macintosh Powerbook G4 by Apple yes, then the backlight worked again. It was PURRRRTTY confusin I tell you whut :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::):(

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
...You HAVE TO OOOO change it back to normal, or when you open a webrowser it will say every site is bad...

right maine, yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

-Peace out girl scout

da efff maine DA BIG 6th letter maine An accurate representation of my undying misfortune

And now its back :/ . I just don't know :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

So I restarted my Macintosh Powerbook G4 by Apple yes, then the backlight worked again. It was PURRRRTTY confusin I tell you whut :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::):(

Your posts make no sense at all. Please don't spew nonsense like the "Maine" thing; it'll be better for everyone.

I had to edit smilies out of your quotes because it would let me post because there were too many.

SawyerTHEBEST

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Your posts make no sense at all. Please don't spew nonsense like the "Maine" thing; it'll be better for everyone.

I had to edit smilies out of your quotes because it would let me post because there were too many.

kkkk let me be the boring generic forum lurker brb,

Ok guys, I have been having some problems with my Apple Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 1gb ram 15 inch model it is one of the older versions that has a keyboard blacklight, I got it because I'm going to school for computer system information's because I couldn't choose a real major. I also got a deal on this Powerbook on amazon and I would recommend it. Anyways I have been having some problems with my Powerbook G4 mac by apple's keyboard blacklight the other day the powerbook g4 keyboard backlight worked but today when I turned on my powerbook g4 the keyboard backlight it did not work. So I tried some different ways to fix it, and all of them did not work. I did find one way that worked for me at least which you can try and see if it works for you as well here is the link that I just mentioned http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431 some of the methods in the link might work for you but some might so you should try them all until you get the backlight on your powerbook g4 to work again. k thx bai :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::rolleyes::confused::confused::D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.