Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myditka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Do you wish you went with the black if you have the white? or vise versa?

I have the black and I kind of wish I got the white instead now..

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I have both. No I don't have problem with either one. Honestly I don't know what people are complaining about when they say their phones are scratched up. Just get a back film if you're that concerned. I'm fine with the light chips on the chamfered edges.

myditka

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
I have both. No I don't have problem with either one. Honestly I don't know what people are complaining about when they say their phones are scratched up. Just get a back film if you're that concerned. I'm fine with the light chips on the chamfered edges.

Which color looks better now down the road in your opinion

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
holding up pretty darn good... just some nicks around the bezel, no scratches on the screen or back

EDIT: White version

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Meh... It's black, it's a placeholder till Apple builds a larger more contemporary phone.

Give us a choice that can go head to head with the latest & upcoming top of the line Android phones, and I'll happily put down the cash for one.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
You can see a tiny bit of silver showing in some areas when the antenna band meets the chamfered edge, right on that join.

Considering I haven't kept it in a case, it's done brilliantly, though next time I may get white simply for a change.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Black iPhone 5 still looking great. Finally got a very small scratch on the black metal band last week. Still happy I went black for this gen. It looks way better than the white one.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I use a hard case and matte screen cover. So it still looks the same three years later. I replace the protectors when they start to look ratty.

Black 3GS

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
My white model is gorgeous and in pretty good condition. I managed to drop it on tile TWICE the day before my case was supposed to arrive :)rolleyes:) but thankfully it just made two dings on the front corners. Now I just have a few light scratches around the bezel where the case isn't covering. I have screen protectors on the front and back so there should be no marks on the glass or the aluminum.

I started with a black model but returned it for a white one because it looks so much nicer.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I went with the black one, and have regretted it since almost the get go. Unless you have a particular want/need, white is the way to go.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
No case and I absuse mine and really only a few very small scratches on the screen from coming in and out of my pocket. But the back is still perfect

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
My launch day black is perfect (except for the tiny scuff that was out of the box). And its been dropped 4 times on hard floors. But I keep it in a case, so...

JPChicago

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Chicago
my original ip5 bought on release date, well that one the volume button broke. so i took it to apple last week and they gave me a "new" phone. though im not sure if its new or refurbished. so now that i dont know if my phone is new or not, i JBed it :) But besides that, the phone was still in perfect condition! White by the way

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
White iPhone 5 looks pretty good, but I have a case and screen protector on it. I'm accident prone, which outweighs how awesome it looks naked.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Do you wish you went with the black if you have the white? or vise versa?

I have the black and I kind of wish I got the white instead now..

Color is such a negligible factor in my use and enjoyment of my phone. I'm content with my black one, as I'm sure I would be with a white one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.