Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
I've got PDAnet installed, but it's not working. Gives me this error when I attempt to broadcast.

http://i.imgur.com/Z58HnLC.png

What's another option?

Back in the day, there was PDANet, but I really liked iTether since it enabled the built in tethering app.

But then AT&T cracked down on "illegal" tethering for uses on the unlimited data plans, and thus I had to stop doing it or they would force me to a limited data plan.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Back in the day, there was PDANet, but I really liked iTether since it enabled the built in tethering app.

But then AT&T cracked down on "illegal" tethering for uses on the unlimited data plans, and thus I had to stop doing it or they would force me to a limited data plan.
So there are now no options out there? I find that odd

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
hey zuckuss, how did you get tether me to work with usb for iphone 5, I have a win7 pc, pretty technically savy, and could not figure out how to connect to tether-me through my iphone5 on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. thanks again

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
NY
hey zuckuss, how did you get tether me to work with usb for iphone 5, I have a win7 pc, pretty technically savy, and could not figure out how to connect to tether-me through my iphone5 on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. thanks again

^^^^^^^^^^^^ help anyone

BlueRaider

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
You've got a $500 Cell Phone but you won't spend $1 to buy tetherme? This is something that drives me crazy about the jailbreaking community. People harass the devs constantly about releasing jailbreaks. Then when they finally do people won't donate money to support them or spend a couple bucks on a really useful app.

If you can afford a $500 PHONE, you can afford to buy tetherme AND throw the evad3rs $20. Don't be a cheapskate :)

gsugolfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Georgia, USA
You've got a $500 Cell Phone but you won't spend $1 to buy tetherme? This is something that drives me crazy about the jailbreaking community. People harass the devs constantly about releasing jailbreaks. Then when they finally do people won't donate money to support them or spend a couple bucks on a really useful app.

If you can afford a $500 PHONE, you can afford to buy tetherme AND throw the evad3rs $20. Don't be a cheapskate :)

If it was $1 I would bought it without even testing it.

Since it's $5 I didn't want to buy an app I might not be able to use.

Thanks for your input. It's unfortunate that I drive you crazy, but it is what it is.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
If it was $1 I would bought it without even testing it.

Since it's $5 I didn't want to buy an app I might not be able to use.

Thanks for your input. It's unfortunate that I drive you crazy, but it is what it is.
Good grief. Tetherme turns on the native hot spot capability of the phone which supports a wifi connection. Feel better now, dropping a whole $5.00?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.