Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsb29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Installed Dashboard X.. and I downloaded the Clock Widget for Dashboard X

I can only enable it on the dashboard and not on my home screen, only 3 of the default widgets show up on the home screen section..

Weirdly,

Ive removed dashboard X... but a "long hold" on the screen still loads up the widgets screen!

Help me!

----------

Installed Dashboard X.. and I downloaded the Clock Widget for Dashboard X

I can only enable it on the dashboard and not on my home screen, only 3 of the default widgets show up on the home screen section..

Weirdly,

Ive removed dashboard X... but a "long hold" on the screen still loads up the widgets screen!

Help me!

Okay so my mistake, i had iWidgets installed..

removed that, reinstalled dashboard x...

and now... I cant enter the home screen widgets!! i go into jiggle mode, click in an empty space, no luck.

----------

fixed. please delete.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I see you fixed your problem, but instead of creating another thread, I thought I'd post my Dashboard X problem here instead...

I have Dashboard X installed and have successfully enabled the weather widget. However, whenever I shut my screen off and then turn it back on, the widget disappears. I have to respring for it to come back. If I just try to add the widget again without respringing, then I end up having two widgets on top of each other when I respring.

So I can't figure out why it keeps disappearing? Any ideas?

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
I see you fixed your problem, but instead of creating another thread, I thought I'd post my Dashboard X problem here instead...

I have Dashboard X installed and have successfully enabled the weather widget. However, whenever I shut my screen off and then turn it back on, the widget disappears. I have to respring for it to come back. If I just try to add the widget again without respringing, then I end up having two widgets on top of each other when I respring.

So I can't figure out why it keeps disappearing? Any ideas?

likely a bug, the exact same issue occurs for me as well.

fongyuen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
tacking on another question, do your widgets seem to progressively shift leftward? i would set them in the bottom middle of the screen and either through entering then exiting an app, or turning from landscape to portrait mode and back, and then the widgets would get off-center. anyone else?

edit: i should mention that this is on my ipad 4. didn't see that this thread was for iphone. but on my iphone, the music widget also just keeps disappearing.

Last edited:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I am also having a similar issue.

If I lock my phone without first returning to the home screen, leaving Facebook and then pushing the sleep button for example, the widgets don't appear when I unlock the phone and press home to get return to the home screen.

If I first exit the app, lock the phone and unlock it, the widgets load fine.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I am also having a similar issue.

If I lock my phone without first returning to the home screen, leaving Facebook and then pushing the sleep button for example, the widgets don't appear when I unlock the phone and press home to get return to the home screen.

If I first exit the app, lock the phone and unlock it, the widgets load fine.

Yes, as I stated this is an addressed issue. Ori postponed the fix of this, most likely due to a hard code or just different priorities!

I've also heard he's working on getting the widgets to take place, that is, having the physical form on the springboard as well and not just overlapping.

I'm looking forward to all of this. :p

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Yes, as I stated this is an addressed issue. Ori postponed the fix of this, most likely due to a hard code or just different priorities!

I've also heard he's working on getting the widgets to take place, that is, having the physical form on the springboard as well and not just overlapping.

I'm looking forward to all of this. :p

I actually posted a slightly different issue. Either way, I searched a couple times to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing.

Where do you see that the developer is working on a fix?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I actually posted a slightly different issue. Either way, I searched a couple times to see if this was a known issue and came up with nothing.

Where do you see that the developer is working on a fix?
If you pledge time on contact it's proving result.
6lYkzEV.png

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
A patch has been fully submitted to Cydia now. I think it's out, let me check.

GTrends has been updated with an offline mode. That's great.

And there is no evidence of DashboardX atm but I guess saurik missed it somehow. Also, the host is unreachable.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.