Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

which iphone would u buy??

• iphone 5s

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • iphone 6

Votes: 79 79.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sjhotshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Hong Kong
- A source told Chinese mobile phone information site Laoyaoba.com that he has seen the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at Apple's suppliers. Both models may be released in 2013, according to the website's microblog on Thursday evening.
- The source noted that the iPhone 5S resembles the iPhone 5, and the five-inch iPhone 6 is lighter and thinner.

i would prefer the iphone 6 (4.8 or 5 inch screen) just wish its true!!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
- A source told Chinese mobile phone information site Laoyaoba.com that he has seen the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at Apple's suppliers. Both models may be released in 2013, according to the website's microblog on Thursday evening.
- The source noted that the iPhone 5S resembles the iPhone 5, and the five-inch iPhone 6 is lighter and thinner.

I would have to see both of them first hand, if true. Then weigh my options.

hobx

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Even if (a big if) the source did see the six, theres no way apple is going to release both this year.

So the question is, do you Never mind. Completely mis-read your message. Ignore and move on.want a new phone in 2013 (the 5s) or 2014 (the 6)?

Edit: Never mind. Completely mis-read your message. Ignore and move on.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
5s is probably near production now... so more than like he'd seen the 5S.

as for the 6... if apple really is doing 2 iphones for this year, then more than likely it's true. if not, it's probably the prototype of the iphone 6.

as far as my answer, i collect iphones so i'm selling my 5 to get the 5S to keep. then i'll find a way to get the 6.

Deeps

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Nottingham, UK
I would get the iPhone 6 but the 4.8 / 5" screen would be too big for me.

If it was 4.5" then i would definitely get it.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Not very interested in either at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't buy the supposed iPhone 6 as discussed that would be far, far, far too big. The 5 is already too big.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010

I would get the 5 S. My priority is how easy it is to hold, use with one hand, how light it is, etc.

----------

Not very interested in either at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't buy the supposed iPhone 6 as discussed that would be far, far, far too big. The 5 is already too big.

I would say the iPhone 5 if not too big is right at the threshold of being too big. I'm still not use to it in one hand.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Not very interested in either at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't buy the supposed iPhone 6 as discussed that would be far, far, far too big. The 5 is already too big for me.

Fixed.

If the 5 is too big for you, you obviously have rather small hands. And while others like myself appreciate the move from 3.5 to 4, still find the screen rather cramped and is one of the reasons I went with a larger phone.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
I would happpily purchase an iP6 with a 4.8-5" display. I can use my GS3 one handed and read the top and bottom with my thumb so Tim Cook's position on that is BS. I can even use a GN2 one handed, but a bit more strained in doing so but still.

Its nice to play the no bigger screen is needed game, but they already realized 3.5" wasn't going to cut it anymore and 4" is still not going to cut it anymore either. So make both for those who want a bigger screen. 5.5" is too big but 4.8 or 5 would be ideal.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Agreed. I couldn't possibly decide without knowing anything about either version.

I agree . I also read that if they decide to make a bigger iPhone they can use the same resolution as the 5 so developers doesnt have to modify their apps. Can't remember where I read it though. :(

SoLongAndroid

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
The 6 is thinner? The 5 already feels like it's going to cut into my hand, the 6 will give me paper cuts.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Right now my guess would be a 5S; would need to see how a 6 would fit into pockets in daily life.

If the 6 would actually utilize the bigger screen and offer more pixels to be used it could make a difference though.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
If this is true, I'd choose iPhone 6. I'm up for an upgrade in June (20 months with the 4S), so this would be exciting.

Now, if this does not hold as you indicated, I will hold on to my 4S through 2014 and await the iPhone 6. Like many here that share the same opinion, the iPhone 5/5S is not an aesthetic upgrade.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010

Come on, a 5" iPhone that is both lighter and thinner? What kind of fool do they take us for? Batteries made of helium?

Didn't Apple prove they've gone too far already with the light/thin combination? Is the iPhone 5 not already prone to bending in your pocket?

I think "lighter and thinner" is just a mantra that fools continue to chant. Where the hell are you supposed to put chips, plugs and battery? In the other pocket?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
If Apple doesn't make changes to the Hardware & iOS I will not be buying an iPhone anytime soon.

I don't mean a 4.3" and Improving Maps, Siri, etc. I want a complete redesign like what BlackBerry did with the Z10.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
If Apple truly is releasing two iPhones this year, I have to wait for the 6S because my contract expires September 2014. I am still on the iPhone 4 lol. I'll be just as psyched for my next iPhone as I was when I got my iPhone 4.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
iPhone 6 with 4.5-5" screen and iPad mini design. Yes, please.

Throw in a better processor. Even better!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.