Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renzatic

Suspended
Oh man!!! I was looking forward to this one! Well Cliffy B leaves and this is what happens... closure closure closure... lets hope they find a way to make it worth while to continue developing the game :)

Epic is just about awash in money, considering everyone and their grandma licenses Unreal tech these days. I'd be surprised if they let it languish by the wayside.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Well this is somewhat disappointing news, I was really looking forward to playing this on my iPhone and iPad.

alfistas

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2012
Helios Prime
For a game that was destined to print money, I'm sure we will see it sooner then later from somewhere....

This will not be Duke Nukem Forever.

Agreed! Who doesn't want to make millions? This game was a guaranteed success.

Some times people lose their perspective I suppose... :confused:

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
I bought both previous games, and to be honest I got bored of both rather quickly. Pretty much a hack and slash game, not much content to it IMO

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Not true. Any platform that plays host to any Metal Slug game instantly becomes the most awesome thing ever.

iOS has TWO of em, man. TWO! That mean it's awesome times infinity.

Well you might be thrilled to learn then that starting earlier this week, there are THREE! THREE Metal Slug games on iOS!

Have fun. :)

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
This game is halted, not canceled/stopped. I do see a possible end 2013/early 2014 release for this game. This game was (when demoed) fantastic. Diablo III style gameplay

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
The team died.

Now a new team, formed off their offspring will take up the cause.

They will die.

Then a new team, formed off their offspring will take up the cause.

It's the Infinity Blade way.

M

Mr.damien

What did you expect from a studio named like this ?

"Can you finish Infinity Blade Dungeons ?"
"No sir, it's Impossible". :D

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Not true. Any platform that plays host to any Metal Slug game instantly becomes the most awesome thing ever.

iOS has TWO of em, man. TWO! That mean it's awesome times infinity.
Three of them!! THREE!! :))))
Metal slug 2 just came out!

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
First of all, what most of you are missing is IB: Dungeons was being made by a different dev team than the original IB 1 and 2 (Chair for IB and Impossible studios for Dungeons) hence the rather different gameplay. Even storywise the game was supposed to be a "prequel" to the events in the IB universe.

We'll see what happens, I am sure there will be a IB III in any case. :cool:

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
That is disappointing. I was looking forward to what they could do with the franchise.

Yep, this is what it sounds like to me too. There is no reason to cancel a cash cow like this unless things were not progressing at the right speed. I would wager it was full of too many bugs, the programmers were being lazy and Epic had enough of it.

Smells like Duke Nukem Forever to me!

Smigit

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2011
Sounds like an opportunity for Apple to step in...

Why would Apple step in? They aren't a game developer, and they don't need this title. If Epic decides they want to continue with the game, then they have approximately seven other development houses available to them to get it finished, not to mention the pockets to make it happen. One of those development houses is the one responsible for Infinity Blade 1 and 2 (Chair Entertainment), so they haven't exactly severed all ties they had to the Infinity Blade franchise.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Why would Apple step in? They aren't a game developer, and they don't need this title. If Epic decides they want to continue with the game, then they have approximately seven other development houses available to them to get it finished, not to mention the pockets to make it happen. One of those development houses is the one responsible for Infinity Blade 1 and 2 (Chair Entertainment), so they haven't exactly severed all ties they had to the Infinity Blade franchise.

Which is sort of what I was pointing at, afaik Chair is still developing IB III. It's not inconceivable they could step in to finish Dungeons.

tuyylihk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
As their name, so is it. IMPOSSIBLE

It delayed so long so I nearly forget the existence of Infinity Blade…

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Hmm... maybe this should be a lesson for other mobile game developers...

Don't charge $7.99 per download of games with absolutely no replay value.

I bought the first Inifinity Blade title, and never again, because #1 it was stupid, and #2 too expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.