Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering if there are any rumours of a new ipad mini coming out soon that have some substance to them. I just got a mini and its fantastic but if one is a month away, I obviously would rather wait.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Current rumors are saying october i think. So enjoy what you have. Though of course nobody here really KNOWS anything about release date.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Current rumors are saying october i think. So enjoy what you have. Though of course nobody here really KNOWS anything about release date.

Agreed. Just enjoy what you have until the new ones are announced. I don't think a new mini will come until the fall.

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks guys.

And I know no one will know when exactly here, but I was just curious if any rumour sources that were previously right said anything about March or sooner.

Looks like I'm keeping this mini though! Loving it.

Aug 5, 2012
There is no way to tell.

If you play this game you'll always be waiting for the next new thing and never, every be happy in the now.

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
There is no way to tell.

If you play this game you'll always be waiting for the next new thing and never, every be happy in the now.

There is a big difference if the new model came out next month compared to October. If it's not coming out so soon, I couldn't care less.

Aug 5, 2012
There is a big difference if the new model came out next month compared to October. If it's not coming out so soon, I couldn't care less.

The problem is that you dont know when it will come out, so how can it be any different?

Guessing is for fools. Play by the facts only

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Best buy lets you return within 30 days, so get it mid feb and then if the new mini comes out early march you can take back mini 1 and upgrade to mini 2.

Or you can wait to see in march and buy one at the end of march and save up til October to buy another mini, and you can keep, give, or sell the first mini.

l0gikb0mb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
It would be silly not to try and find out if a replacement is coming so soon after I bought it.

It's stupid wanting to have the latest and greatest always, but it's even more stupid to buy something without knowing that a successor could come out the next month with a major upgrade (which seems to not be the case - which is why I made this thread to ask :))

I'm not planning to buy another one for ~2-3 years.

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
It would be silly not to try and find out if a replacement is coming so soon after I bought it.

It's stupid wanting to have the latest and greatest always, but it's even more stupid to buy something without knowing that a successor could come out the next month with a major upgrade (which seems to not be the case - which is why I made this thread to ask :))

I'm not planning to buy another one for ~2-3 years.

True that would be silly. If you set a google alert you will stay on top of the progress. Started one late Sept. last year for the Mini, and was prepared. And the rumours were fun to read. My guess for what it's worth is that it is going to be Nov. again. In time for Xmas.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010

Actually, if you were concerned about a replacement coming "soon" it would have been a good idea to do so before you bought it. However, you're in the same boat as the rest of the consuming world and you'll find out about "when" at the same time everyone else learns about it.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
The problem is that you dont know when it will come out, so how can it be any different?

Guessing is for fools. Play by the facts only

Agree that no one knows on this or other forums when the new mini will come out, BUT....saying "how can it be any different" comment, does not make any sense. Any new Apple product will be different in a number of ways, and Apple will never just release another upgrade that is the SAME as the previous model.... Period. We just hope that it will have a better screen, better CPU, perhaps a better iOS and SIRI. ;)

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Will there ever be an iPad Mini 2? Or the New iPad Mini or perhaps iPad Mini with Retina Display (2nd generation).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.