Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedking94

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I pay GMOD a lot, mainly for Trouble in terrorist town, and I've found 2 main problems when I play.

First, when I shoot the game freezes for a second after each shot and this has gotten me killed so many times now.

Second when walking near people the frame rate drops from around 30 FPS to around 10 and it lags out really bad.

I know its not my internet because I tested it and I get 10 Mbps download, 8 Mbps upload and 20 ping.

I don't think its graphics either because aside from the above circumstances the game runs perfectly smooth, and it runs the same whether the graphics settings are maxed out or at the lowest possible.

I think its something to do with the source physics engine and how much load its putting on my CPU. But I have a dual core CPU and plenty of RAM and its not an complicated game.

Here are my specs:

2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo
8GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce 320M 256MB

Running this game on an 1600X900 external display, the games resolution is set at 720p though.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I pay GMOD a lot, mainly for Trouble in terrorist town, and I've found 2 main problems when I play.

First, when I shoot the game freezes for a second after each shot and this has gotten me killed so many times now.

Second when walking near people the frame rate drops from around 30 FPS to around 10 and it lags out really bad.

I know its not my internet because I tested it and I get 10 Mbps download, 8 Mbps upload and 20 ping.

I don't think its graphics either because aside from the above circumstances the game runs perfectly smooth, and it runs the same whether the graphics settings are maxed out or at the lowest possible.

I think its something to do with the source physics engine and how much load its putting on my CPU. But I have a dual core CPU and plenty of RAM and its not an complicated game.

Here are my specs:

2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo
8GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce 320M 256MB

Running this game on an 1600X900 external display, the games resolution is set at 720p though.

Put your settings like aa, shadows in the Lowest quality or turn it off if it's an option. Good luck.

Darkn_YT

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2018
Okay, I am having you're problem too! I am having number 2, Where i am inviting my friends to play, then when they join, I lag so much! And it went down from 2 fps to 1 fps, IDK why this is happening!!!

MacBook Air (13-inch 2017 model)
1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.