Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worldsdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Hi all,

I have an iphone 4s with 6.1 installed. fresh installed. no jailbreak. i did put viber and whatsapp on it. I dont use 3g network. Only wifi. I cant get push notifications. I have it enabled in the settings->notifications.
push mail is working. imessage isnt working, but its activated in the settings->messages.

it was all working great on 5.1.1

anyone that can help me with this? much appreciated.

update: i did restart my router. still push isnt working.
update: i installed ipusher app on appstore and it doesnt give me a push notification that says, push notifications work fine!

Last edited:

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Hi all,

I have an iphone 4s with 6.1 installed. fresh installed. no jailbreak. i did put viber and whatsapp on it. I dont use 3g network. Only wifi. I cant get push notifications. I have it enabled in the settings->notifications.
push mail is working. imessage isnt working, but its activated in the settings->messages.

it was all working great on 5.1.1

anyone that can help me with this? much appreciated.

update: i did restart my router. still push isnt working.
update: i installed ipusher app on appstore and it doesnt give me a push notification that says, push notifications work fine!

fresh restore without backup should fix push notification

worldsdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
fresh restore without backup should fix push notification

thanks for your reply. i already did that. i did fresh restore. setup as new iphone. only installed viber and whatsapp. both dont get push notifications. imessage isnt sending messages.

Mikansei

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
I have the same problem with push notifications.
However, I'm on an iPhone 4.
I tried restoring it but to no avail, iPusher won't give me anything (while not being jailbroken nor hacktivated) :(.

worldsdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
I have the same problem with push notifications.
However, I'm on an iPhone 4.
I tried restoring it but to no avail, iPusher won't give me anything (while not being jailbroken nor hacktivated) :(.

seems the same as me. does push notification work over 3g?
even 3g enabled and wifi enabled will work. but only wifi enabled and 3g disabled wont work. agree?
edit: I am also not hacktivated or jailbroken. fresh restore and setup as new phone.

worldsdream

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
i went to a friend and push notifications are working on his wifi. i went to work. push notifications are working. it seems its a problem by my router. but it always worked on ios 4 and ios 5. is there a setting that i need to enable or disable or change on my router? my router is SpeedTouch 780.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Push works okay for me save for one app over the past few iOS updates and even updates to the application itself.

The offender... Facebook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.