Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Hi All,

I had recently switched my App Store country from the UK to Malaysia and found out that my previous Application Purchases on the UK account is not found on the Malaysian App Store account.

I had to do this change as I reside here in Malaysia temporarily and updated my UK Debit card to the Malaysian debit card. The same applies to my current residential address.

My Apple ID remains the same. The only change I did was the Debit card, address and App Store Country. Previously UK, now Malaysia.

Is there any fix to this issue ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
What I do is I keep two seperate Apple id's.One has my Canadian credit card and other has my Indian Credit Card.In this way I was able to keep all my apps when I purchased from Indian App Store when I didnt had a Canadian Card.

You can try this as well.

andy8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
That's a good idea to keep two seperate accounts. But for now I'm looking for a way to recover my lost purchases.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
That's a good idea to keep two seperate accounts. But for now I'm looking for a way to recover my lost purchases.

You probably need the change the store back and re-setup your UK card and address again. Then create a second account for your current card and address.

andy8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
You probably need the change the store back and re-setup your UK card and address again. Then create a second account for your current card and address.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I will follow your suggestion. Would it be possible to use the same apple ID or the aliases again for the new account ? Or should I come up with a new email ID ?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Don't change country.

Change it back to UK. Use UK card, and pay for it over the web.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hi, thanks for your reply. I will follow your suggestion. Would it be possible to use the same apple ID or the aliases again for the new account ? Or should I come up with a new email ID ?

You'll need a new email address for the second account.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
You'll need a new email address for the second account.

Technically, no - if your email host follows RFC conventions. Apple, unless they've fixed it, considers first.last and firstlast as two separate emails so you can setup accounts with each and still get your mail at the same account -> gmail, for example, ignores periods in email address, as they should.

diogolg

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
Some tips about changing your contry:

1) If you have store credit, you must use the credit before you can change countries.

2) You will need to download all purchased content. In addition, rented items must be past their 30-day expiration. For more information on rentals, please see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657

3) You must provide a payment method, such as a credit or debit card associated with a valid billing address in the new country. An iTunes Store Gift Card issued in the new country is also an acceptable payment method.

4) Content purchased from the iTunes Store is country-specific. The content you purchased while your account was set to the previous country will not be eligible for upgrade once you've changed countries.

5) After you change countries, you will no longer receive application update notifications in iTunes for the apps you purchased in your original country. However, you'll still receive update notifications on your iOS device for any applications installed on it.

6) If you have an iTunes Match subscription, you can't change countries until the subscription has expired.

7) If you have purchased a Season Pass, you cannot change the country associated with your account until that season is done airing and the last episode of the season has been added to the iTunes Store.

8) If you have been using iTunes in the Cloud to download past purchases from your Purchased page, these purchases will no longer appear when you change the country.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Technically, no - if your email host follows RFC conventions. Apple, unless they've fixed it, considers first.last and firstlast as two separate emails so you can setup accounts with each and still get your mail at the same account -> gmail, for example, ignores periods in email address, as they should.

I could be mistaking but I thought the OP meant a second email as in a second Apple ID.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I could be mistaking but I thought the OP meant a second email as in a second Apple ID.
Yes but you can setup a second Apple ID that actually uses the same email address if you do what I described. That way everything goes to the same email from the different accounts.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
You can use iTunes gift cards to pay for Apps rather than switch country of your App Store. They can be bought internationally over the internet from third party sellers, usually for less than their actual credit. After you get the code, by mail or otherwise, you just redeem it on the App Store.

Simple.:)

I move around quite a bit and wherever I want to buy from the UK App Store, I can.:)

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yes but you can setup a second Apple ID that actually uses the same email address if you do what I described. That way everything goes to the same email from the different accounts.

Didn't know that. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.