Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Same Order (Almost). Same ETA

Ordered Feb 2:
iMac
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Mar 4 - Mar 11 via Standard Shipping

I ordered the same computer (only 8GB RAM~I'll upgrade) on the same day with the same ETA. I'm hoping sooner, but can't wait to see what truly unfolds. Good luck getting yours!

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Got a 21.5" iMac today!

So I set up a return and refund for (4th) MacBook Air on the 1st February. Got the first one just after Xmas when my 4 year old MacBook died. Within a week of using it one of the keys broke. Replacement arrived dented/ scratched, replacement had very loose leys that felt like they werent even held on properly, replacement was the same. Waiting on refund.

Been trying to get out to an Apple Store since last sunday week to buy the base 21.5" imac and finally today got out! Was so excited! My first iMac. It runs amazingly.

...then i started checking for anything wrong with it. It had small scratches up the top right corner and the screen has a few dead pixels. I tried to convince myself to just keep it but when you see them you just keep looking for them.

So, its going back tomorrow. Im not even gonna bother booking a genius appointment. Its a carry on getting one in that particular store. Plus, my last few experiences with them has made me leave feeling like a complete idiot. Just gonna get a refund and stay away from Apple stores.

Never had so much problems with Apple before. Maybe its just me being crazy over little things but i dont pay £1000+ to be annoyed. Quality control has been lowered. I really would love to own another Mac but ive just been put right off them.

Just wanted to post my story.

Puzzlemaker

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2009
Enjoy what Apple has to offer.

So I set up a return and refund for (4th) MacBook Air on the 1st February. Got the first one just after Xmas when my 4 year old MacBook died. Within a week of using it one of the keys broke. Replacement arrived dented/ scratched, replacement had very loose leys that felt like they werent even held on properly, replacement was the same. Waiting on refund.

Been trying to get out to an Apple Store since last sunday week to buy the base 21.5" imac and finally today got out! Was so excited! My first iMac. It runs amazingly.

...then i started checking for anything wrong with it. It had small scratches up the top right corner and the screen has a few dead pixels. I tried to convince myself to just keep it but when you see them you just keep looking for them.

So, its going back tomorrow. Im not even gonna bother booking a genius appointment. Its a carry on getting one in that particular store. Plus, my last few experiences with them has made me leave feeling like a complete idiot. Just gonna get a refund and stay away from Apple stores.

Never had so much problems with Apple before. Maybe its just me being crazy over little things but i dont pay £1000+ to be annoyed. Quality control has been lowered. I really would love to own another Mac but ive just been put right off them.

The world is an amazing place especially through the eyes of a 21.5" iMac. I can't believe the scratches were able to rip you away from keeping the machine. It probably is as simple as someone else returned your iMac and they taped it back up nicely. Happens all the time and is actually getting out of hand with many retailers.

Don't stop keep going back until they get it right.

Payroll

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
ordered the base 27 inch :apple:imac

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (upgrading to 32gb soon :))
1TB Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
getting a genius appointment in that particular store is a nightmare. i'll just take it down and see what happens. i dont have the time to book appointments. like i said in my OP...its taken me a week to find time to get down.

i'm not returning it because of a scratch. it doesn't really bother me but the dead pixels do. i will ask to look at the new (if they even offer me an exchange) before leaving.

i have decided to give it one more. go i literally just pulled the imac out the box again because i wanted to have a go off it. it's an amazing machine. plus i had to set up a FAT32 back up drive just incase i go down the windows route. i hope it doesnt come to that though.

delvec19

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Just purchased my first iMac!

21.5" i5 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB GB
AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512MB memory

Got a great deal and only paid $900 for it. How do you think I did? I also plan on upgrading the RAM. What's the easiest way?

SamPhoto

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2007
I ordered the same computer (only 8GB RAM~I'll upgrade) on the same day with the same ETA. I'm hoping sooner, but can't wait to see what truly unfolds. Good luck getting yours!

Mine just got two days shaved off the delivery time, from March 4-11 to March 2-9. Looks like Apple might slowly be working its way to shortening the delivery times.

glintoz

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
That's not the case at all.

Apple is filling all iMac orders on a 'first come, first served' basis.

You fail to realize the stores put their orders in long before you even had a chance to order.

Not totally correct. I think it is more based on a combination of delivery date and shipping times. I ordered on the 21 Jan and someone else ordered on 18 Jan and we are still in processing while others are having their Jan 22 orders built and shipped. Not complaining yet as it will probably still arrive within the stated delivery window. Would have liked it earlier but it ain't gonna happen.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I love my imac too. I was planning to get the 21.5 but I am SO GLAD I listened to you folks and got the 27. Contrary to what some said, I do not have to move my head around to see the screen. I have so much screen space that I can browse the web fully while doing anything else I want!

Happy owner :)

I got the fusion drive too and it starts up like my MBA.

alxhrs

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
Portland
Ordered Feb 7, 2013

27 inch, 3.4GHz, 1TB Fusion, 8GB RAM, 680MX

Expected March 12, 2013

—

Question: Currently, it will be shipped to my local apple store. Thought it might be safer/easier to pickup. Any reason not to do this?

taylor200588

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Arbroath, Scotland
Hey guys

waiting to take delivery of my very first iMac. Been a macbook boy all my life but fell in love with the new iMacs design so ordered the entry level 21.5 version with Fusion Drive and both magic mouse and track pad. Should be here tomorrow or thursday.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
getting a genius appointment in that particular store is a nightmare. i'll just take it down and see what happens. i dont have the time to book appointments. like i said in my OP...its taken me a week to find time to get down.

i'm not returning it because of a scratch. it doesn't really bother me but the dead pixels do. i will ask to look at the new (if they even offer me an exchange) before leaving.

i have decided to give it one more. go i literally just pulled the imac out the box again because i wanted to have a go off it. it's an amazing machine. plus i had to set up a FAT32 back up drive just incase i go down the windows route. i hope it doesnt come to that though.

Out of curiosity which Apple Store is it? Is it in the UK? I have had particular problems with one here in the UK, ranging from extremely poor customer service to them leaving me on hold on the phone for over an hour. I always try and go through Apple Store (Online) for purchasing and they have always been excellent, or our local APR for repairs whose repair workshop is about 20 miles up the road so the service is great!

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
Apple shouldn't do it. Im not saying its not normal for apple. but they should fulfil customer orders first.

You also need to think from walk-in customer perspective.
How if you just want to grab and buy an iMac on Apple Retail in the first place and it's not available due to excess online orders?

Apple Retail is the face of Apple Inc. so yeah :p

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
Hey guys

waiting to take delivery of my very first iMac. Been a macbook boy all my life but fell in love with the new iMacs design so ordered the entry level 21.5 version with Fusion Drive and both magic mouse and track pad. Should be here tomorrow or thursday.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!
congratulations mate

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
Paid off my iMac!!!!!

OK...i've read hundreds of posts saying I just bought a new or refurb iMac, but today I just paid off my first iMac 21" that I paid $1129 at Best Buy 9 months ago. My wife thought I was crazy to spend over $1000 on a computer. Afterall I was used to buying cheap HP computers and laptops that would break after 2 years.

Review after 9 months: I'm glad I didn't wait for the new iMac. I love the cd-burner and since my desk faces a wall I don't need to show off the thinness of the new iMacs. This iMac is a beauty and it's incredibly quiet. I installed boot-camp and installed Windows 8 for certain software I needed. I upgraded the Ram to 8gb and it's humming. The wireless keyboard and mouse are amazing, and Mountain Lion is so much better than Windows 8.

If you love computing and like to burn Cd's, use face time and can afford it, then take the plunge and enjoy the iMac. I'm glad I did!

I had 18 months same as cash deal, but I decided to pay it off and not have to worry about another bill.

Ipadilac

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota
My first post here.

But I guess I can reside in this thread as on the feb 7th I ordered a 27" iMac. It still saying processing everyday when I look at the apple store and how I cannot wait for the status to change.

I ordered the i7 upgrade, gtx680 upgrade and a 1tb fusion. Anyone else order on or around same date as me?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009

Man you've been unlucky. I can't believe how some seem to get faulty hardware over and over. Personally I have never received one single bad product from apple... Despite the fact I've bought a lot and I've been very aware of any defects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.