Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Yep same with the Note 2! Android ftw.

They finally made Android as smooth as iOS, but touch on Android is still alot inferior to iOS, scrolling, zooming, all that is more accurate and faster at reading your touch and your finger location on the screen.

Scrolling around on Android is still uncomfortable, it feels like im playing the Wheel of Fortune scrolling thru everything on Android.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
That's exactly why iOS' backup is great, you backup everything- all app data, all settings etc.

Google's built-in backup backs up next-to-nothing. It may satisfy you, but it's pretty bad. When I did a factory reset on my N7 it really surprised me how little it retained. To get a full backup, you have to root and install something like Titanium Backup, which isn't going to be easy for those who aren't technically inclined. Btw, I'm not paying any extra to backup my 32GB iPhone 5 either, I plug it into my computer and it does the rest. ;)

That's my problem with it. It backs up everything including problems.

I went on a quest last night to try to figure out what "other" data was. It was building up to be more then my apps. I found deleting messages helped a lot but still way to big. Going through my apps documents I'm not finding anything over sized.

Reading on apple forum the only fix is to restore without using a back up. And unless I'm missing something (which I may very well be) I need to use a back up to get my pictures back. No way to (once again the best of my knowledge) get my phone to brand new and transfer my pictures back. This is nothing simple or user friendly what so ever IMO. There is a way I'm finding but it requires JB so uhh lol.

Here is a little trick that sucks that I have to do too.

My iCloud was up to 6.5 gb. Simply deleting that back up and having it re backup now I'm using 4.3 gb.

I don't have 100% proof of this but I took this screen shot a couple weeks ago of the battery usage (good btw). But notice the iCloud available at that time.

dypyna2e.jpg

9.5 out of 15 so I'm was using 5.5. Last night I noticed it was at 8.5 available of 15 so I was using 6.5!! My back up was bigger then my phones TOTAL USAGE!!! (That's when I started my quest to see what "other" was and ways to fix my phone). So I deleted the back up from the phone and turned it back on and re backed up to iCloud. Boom..

adutu5um.jpg

Now I'm at 10.6 available of 15, so I'm using 4.4. That's over 2 gb of.....nothing. It's almost feels like a scam, I got an email from apple telling me my iCloud was almost full so I upgraded just to find out I didn't need more it was just doing a lousy job backing up my phone.

Anyway pointing being, if you are totally computer illiterate and don't mind buying things you likely don't need or at least don't need yet. Or if you are prone to losing your phone or having it stolen apples back up method maybe best for you. If you can count and know your back up probably should be less then the data that's on the device then it may not be best for you.

To people that use iCloud, I highly recommend deleting your back up and re backing up. Save yourself some cloud space only takes minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
They finally made Android as smooth as iOS, but touch on Android is still alot inferior to iOS, scrolling, zooming, all that is more accurate and faster at reading your touch and your finger location on the screen.

Scrolling around on Android is still uncomfortable, it feels like im playing the Wheel of Fortune scrolling thru everything on Android.

I disagree, it's very responsive on my Note 2 but surely it can be not as good of an experience when using slower Android handsets. Some apps are smoother and better scrolling than on the iPhone 5 like Maps.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I disagree, it's very responsive on my Note 2 but surely it can be not as good of an experience when using slower Android handsets. Some apps are smoother and better scrolling than on the iPhone 5 like Maps.

Im not saying its not responsive, im saying the scrolling is worse, open Contacts apps on both phomes and scroll up and down, iOS has better touch recoginition and inertia and physics with the touch.

And thats actually pretty funny, my brothers Note 2 isnt as smooth in Maps or doesnt load apps as fast as my jailbroken iPhone 5. Apps seem to be more polished on iOS too graphically and frame rate wise. Not hating on Android i know theyre coming up fast to iOS, but iOS still has a lead

There is no way scrolling is better on Jelly Bean, there is more of a delay on JellyBean when you scroll and pan around, it doesnt follow your finger as good as iOS.

I tested Apple Maps on my i5 compared to my brother's Note 2 Google Maps and scrolling and zooming is more smoother and faster in the Maps app on the iPhone 5 compared to the Google Maps app on the Note 2.

But obviously thats expected, the exynos processor in the Note 2 is dated and its obvious the A6 chip is faster even though its only a dual core and clocked at 1.3 ghz compared to 4 cores clocked at 1.6 ghz in the Note 2

You cant compare the iOS Google Maps and Android Google Maps in panning around and zooming in and out, the Android version is smoother when it comes to that(because Apple most likely didnt give the hardware acceleration API to make Google Maps as smooth as their own Maps app) but 10/10 times location searches and everything loads much faster on my i5 then my brothers Note 2.

Im astonished at Apples engineering in prcoessors lmao, the A6 chip is truly a beast and my jailbroken i5 is alot faster then my brother's Note 2 espcially with the Accelerate tweak from Cydia. That makes the i5 much faster then the Note 2

Its without question scrolling and panning around is still superior on iOS. JellyBean doesnt even make every part of the OS consistent frame rate wise, open up the notification center on the note 2 when you have a few notifications in the center and you will notice the slowdown in the notification center and it lags a little even with JellyBean

When i showed my brother my iPhone 5 with the accelerate tweak on, he was blown away by the speed. He was like "oh dam holy **** that is so fast" hahaha

There is no app on JEllyBean that is smoother then its iOS counter part. I tested many crosd platform apps on my i5 and i tested a bunch of apps (Appy Geek, Flipboard, Facebook, Instagram, CNN, Youtube, The Verge, and a few others and all were more polished on iOS...not to say that the JellyBean apps were not good at all they worked fine, but just not as polished as iOS apps.. I actually think the reason behind that is because not every app on the Play Store has been updated to take advantage of Jelly Bean so

Last edited:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
The note 2 out scores the i5 In geek bench comfortably. The iPhone does not have a faster processor. It has a better graphic card but a slower processor. The iPhone may be faster on a core per core basis, but not as a whole.

I have both phones. The note 2 with jelly bean is very smooth...iPhone smooth. Scrolling, etc. chrome often outpaces safari.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
That's my problem with it. It backs up everything including problems.

I went on a quest last night to try to figure out what "other" data was. It was building up to be more then my apps. I found deleting messages helped a lot but still way to big. Going through my apps documents I'm not finding anything over sized.

Reading on apple forum the only fix is to restore without using a back up. And unless I'm missing something (which I may very well be) I need to use a back up to get my pictures back. No way to (once again the best of my knowledge) get my phone to brand new and transfer my pictures back. This is nothing simple or user friendly what so ever IMO. There is a way I'm finding but it requires JB so uhh lol.
Sync your photos to iPhoto, then restore the albums/events you want from iPhoto to your iPhone when you set it up as new. No jailbreak necessary. I'm not sure how to do it on a PC, never tried it.
Here is a little trick that sucks that I have to do too.

My iCloud was up to 6.5 gb. Simply deleting that back up and having it re backup now I'm using 4.3 gb.

I don't have 100% proof of this but I took this screen shot a couple weeks ago of the battery usage (good btw). But notice the iCloud available at that time.

9.5 out of 15 so I'm was using 5.5. Last night I noticed it was at 8.5 available of 15 so I was using 6.5!! My back up was bigger then my phones TOTAL USAGE!!! (That's when I started my quest to see what "other" was and ways to fix my phone). So I deleted the back up from the phone and turned it back on and re backed up to iCloud. Boom..

Now I'm at 10.6 available of 15, so I'm using 4.4. That's over 2 gb of.....nothing. It's almost feels like a scam, I got an email from apple telling me my iCloud was almost full so I upgraded just to find out I didn't need more it was just doing a lousy job backing up my phone.

Anyway pointing being, if you are totally computer illiterate and don't mind buying things you likely don't need or at least don't need yet. Or if you are prone to losing your phone or having it stolen apples back up method maybe best for you. If you can count and know your back up probably should be less then the data that's on the device then it may not be best for you.

To people that use iCloud, I highly recommend deleting your back up and re backing up. Save yourself some cloud space only takes minutes.

You don't need to backup to iCloud, or to pay more to backup- only if you want to do it to the cloud only. Unlike most things Apple, they actually offer you a choice here, you can backup to a PC/Mac and it costs you nothing.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Im not saying its not responsive, im saying the scrolling is worse, open Contacts apps on both phomes and scroll up and down, iOS has better touch recoginition and inertia and physics with the touch.

considering ios contact does not show picture in list already negated whatever smoothness it has.

And thats actually pretty funny, my brothers Note 2 isnt as smooth in Maps or doesnt load apps as fast as my jailbroken iPhone 5. Apps seem to be more polished on iOS too graphically and frame rate wise. Not hating on Android i know theyre coming up fast to iOS, but iOS still has a lead
even if there is a lead it is so miniscule to make any practical impact.

There is no way scrolling is better on Jelly Bean, there is more of a delay on JellyBean when you scroll and pan around, it doesnt follow your finger as good as iOS.

I tested Apple Maps on my i5 compared to my brother's Note 2 Google Maps and scrolling and zooming is more smoother and faster in the Maps app on the iPhone 5 compared to the Google Maps app on the Note 2.

But obviously thats expected, the exynos processor in the Note 2 is dated and its obvious the A6 chip is faster even though its only a dual core and clocked at 1.3 ghz compared to 4 cores clocked at 1.6 ghz in the Note 2

You cant compare the iOS Google Maps and Android Google Maps in panning around and zooming in and out, the Android version is smoother when it comes to that(because Apple most likely didnt give the hardware acceleration API to make Google Maps as smooth as their own Maps app) but 10/10 times location searches and everything loads much faster on my i5 then my brothers Note 2.

Im astonished at Apples engineering in prcoessors lmao, the A6 chip is truly a beast and my jailbroken i5 is alot faster then my brother's Note 2 espcially with the Accelerate tweak from Cydia. That makes the i5 much faster then the Note 2

Its without question scrolling and panning around is still superior on iOS. JellyBean doesnt even make every part of the OS consistent frame rate wise, open up the notification center on the note 2 when you have a few notifications in the center and you will notice the slowdown in the notification center and it lags a little even with JellyBean

When i showed my brother my iPhone 5 with the accelerate tweak on, he was blown away by the speed. He was like "oh dam holy **** that is so fast" hahaha

There is no app on JEllyBean that is smoother then its iOS counter part. I tested many crosd platform apps on my i5 and i tested a bunch of apps (Appy Geek, Flipboard, Facebook, Instagram, CNN, Youtube, The Verge, and a few others and all were more polished on iOS...not to say that the JellyBean apps were not good at all they worked fine, but just not as polished as iOS apps.. I actually think the reason behind that is because not every app on the Play Store has been updated to take advantage of Jelly Bean

most apps on ios are inferior to android counterpart incl. lack of integration to os and other apps, no background execution, limited shaong capability etc.

also ios has the retarded scrolling which takes 3-4times more flips to scroll the same amount as android

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
considering ios contact does not show picture in list already negated whatever smoothness it has.

most apps on ios are inferior to android counterpart incl. lack of integration to os and other apps, no background execution, limited shaong capability etc.

also ios has the retarded scrolling which takes 3-4times more flips to scroll the same amount as

I will admit Android has more sharing options in its apps but thats it. Apps on Android are inferior how are you disagreeing with me its so obvious...android apps are not as polished yet. Theres enough background execution on iOS for important apps to continue running in the background. And multi taskingn is superior on my i5 then it is on my brother's Note 2. I opened up 15 of the same apps on both phones and the note 2 had to refresh and basically relaunch the apps deep in the multi tasking bar while on the i5 they came back instantly, the apps didnt even need to refresh one time.

Who cares how fast you can scroll? No one scrolls that fast...and Android doesnt even have tap the top to spring to the top of the screen. You have to scroll all the way backup with youe finger so that "negates" the "dumb" scrolling.

And i have over 25 tweaks on my phone and my iPhone 5 is now even smoother and faster then it was before.

Its not a miniscule lead, Apple's App Store is superior to Play Store. Play Store has duplicate apps, spyware and viruses in the Play Store app and Android apps are not as polished yet as iOS. Apple App store has MORE apps, higher quality apps, and you cant get a dam virus from the App store

If you really think scrolling and panning around on Jelly Bean is just as good as iOS, your kidding your self.. Its inferior in everyway and it trys to be iPhone clone in that department but like I said when your scrolling around its like i feel like im playing the Wheel of Fortune. I could get fast scrolling on my i5 with a simple tweak from Cydia but im not doing that.

And your point is moot on just about everything you said because I can do everythig you said and more with a jailbroken i5.

How are apps inferior if developers prefer iOS over Android and most apps launch on iOS first then Android. Plus JellyBean Apps crash more then iOS 6 apps and thats a fact

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011

also ios has the retarded scrolling which takes 3-4times more flips to scroll the same amount as android

Great points, but you're wasting your time.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

also ios has the retarded scrolling which takes 3-4times more flips to scroll the same amount as

I will admit Android has more sharing options in its apps but thats it. Apps on Android are inferior how are you disagreeing with me its so obvious...android apps are not as polished yet. Theres enough background execution on iOS for important apps to continue running in the background. And multi taskingn is superior on my i5 then it is on my brother's Note 2. I opened up 15 of the same apps on both phones and the note 2 had to refresh and basically relaunch the apps deep in the multi tasking bar while on the i5 they came back instantly, the apps didnt even need to refresh one time.

Who cares how fast you can scroll? No one scrolls that fast...and Android doesnt even have tap the top to spring to the top of the screen. You have to scroll all the way backup with youe finger so that "negates" the "dumb" scrolling.

And i have over 25 tweaks on my phone and my iPhone 5 is now even smoother and faster then it was before.

Its not a miniscule lead, Apple's App Store is superior to Play Store. Play Store has duplicate apps, spyware and viruses in the Play Store app and Android apps are not as polished yet as iOS. Apple App store has MORE apps, higher quality apps, and you cant get a dam virus from the App store

If you really think scrolling and panning around on Jelly Bean is just as good as iOS, your kidding your self.. Its inferior in everyway and it trys to be iPhone clone in that department but like I said when your scrolling around its like i feel like im playing the Wheel of Fortune. I could get fast scrolling on my i5 with a simple tweak from Cydia but im not doing that.

And your point is moot on just about everything you said because I can do everythig you said and more with a jailbroken i5.

How are apps inferior if developers prefer iOS over Android and most apps launch on iOS first then Android. Plus JellyBean Apps crash more then iOS 6 apps and thats a fact

Dont really agree with this. iOS Apps crash plenty as well. And there are many Apps in Android that iOS does not have and vice versa. All the main apps that both have , run just fine on both. No problems that ive experienced.

Not sure why we keep arguing about the same stuff over and over. Really i dont care which phone loads a milli second faster or even 2 seconds faster. That really doesnt matter and is in no way a deciding factor to me as to which phone id buy. Scrolling is just fine and your splitting hairs arguing about that. And ive NEVER got a virus from the Playstore but know it is possible just like there have been Malware reports in Apples App store so it is possible while you say you cant get one.

Android out of the box does more than iOS. Fact is you have to jailbreak your iOS to get it to do the things Android does and even then, it still doesnt quite do as much. I mean c-mon, you had to add 25 tweaks to your phone.
Now when you root Android....no contest!

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Dont really agree with this. iOS Apps crash plenty as well. And there are many Apps in Android that iOS does not have and vice versa. All the main apps that both have , run just fine on both. No problems that ive experienced.

Not sure why we keep arguing about the same stuff over and over. Really i dont care which phone loads a milli second faster or even 2 seconds faster. That really doesnt matter and is in no way a deciding factor to me as to which phone id buy. Scrolling is just fine and your splitting hairs arguing about that. And ive NEVER got a virus from the Playstore but know it is possible just like there have been Malware reports in Apples App store so it is possible while you say you cant get one.

Android out of the box does more than iOS. Fact is you have to jailbreak your iOS to get it to do the things Android does and even then, it still doesnt quite do as much. I mean c-mon, you had to add 25 tweaks to your phone.
Now when you root Android....no contest!

When you root you have to flash to diff ROMS to get what you want. And actually they just did a study and Jelly Bean apps crash more then iOS 6 apps. And im not talking about miliseconds, my phone with the Accelerate tweak on blows my brother's Note 2 speed out the water. My apps load 3-4 seconds faster then my brother's Note 2. Gaming is smoother on my i5 then my brothers Note 2, and Safari beats the Android browser pretty noticeably aswell...so its not just a few milliseconds faster its alot more then that. My i5 is alot faster then my brothers Note 2

Sure scrollings fine on Android, its just inferior to iOS scrolling and touch recognition thats all

Apps never crash on my i5 while my brothers Note 2 Google Play store app crashes.. Cmon lol you got to be kidding me Android crashes alot more. I came from a S3 and it crashed everyday

Sorry but you really cant any malware or much things from the Apple App Store, not after iOS 6. That is just nonsense. While you can get viruses from the Play Store from popular apps lmfao!

Cydia store> having to flash to different ROMS on Android that takes 10 mins everytime you want to flash to a different ROM

Last edited:

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
When you root you have to flash to diff ROMS to get what you want. And actually they just did a study and Jelly Bean apps crash more then iOS 6 apps. And im not talking about miliseconds, my phone with the Accelerate tweak on blows my brother's Note 2 speed out the water. My apps load 3-4 seconds faster then my brother's Note 2. Gaming is smoother on my i5 then my brothers Note 2, and Safari beats the Android browser pretty noticeably aswell...so its not just a few milliseconds faster its alot more then that. My i5 is alot faster then my brothers Note 2

Sure scrollings fine on Android, its just inferior to iOS scrolling and touch recognition thats all

Apps never crash on my i5 while my brothers Note 2 Google Play store app crashes.. Cmon lol you got to be kidding me Android crashes alot more. I came from a S3 and it crashed everyday

Accelerate is just an animation tweak. It doesn't change how fast ios actually becomes. It just changed the way you perceive it.

Your buddy could turn off all animations on his note 2 as well and I am sure he would be blown away by the "responsiveness" again.

Also FYI, AppStore on my iPhone crashes too. Safari crashes once a day. And iPod app has crashed twice this morning already.

Last edited:

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009

Sorry but you really cant any malware or much things from the Apple App Store, not after iOS 6. That is just nonsense. While you can get viruses from the Play Store from popular apps lmfao!

Cydia store> having to flash to different ROMS on Android that takes 10 mins everytime you want to flash to a different ROM

What study exactly. Stop making up crap if you can't post sources. You don't have to flash ROMs to root on android either.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
When you root you have to flash to diff ROMS to get what you want.

If your using ROM's, its because there is a ROM out there that has a significant additives to Jelly Bean. I used to flash ROM's with my older Android but have not rooted my current one because i dont feel i need to. Its runs just fine on Jelly Bean.

And actually they just did a study and Jelly Bean apps crash more then iOS 6 apps.

The Apps i use dont crash is all i can tell ya.
And im not talking about miliseconds, my phone with the Accelerate tweak on blows my brother's Note 2 speed out the water. My apps load 3-4 seconds faster then my brother's Note 2.

Oh wow, so instead of 2 seconds, you got it to 3-4? :rolleyes: Im sure that was worth the tweak. And im sure if your Brother knew how to, he could turn some things off to speed it up. You have a choice on Android to do that.

Gaming is smoother on my i5 then my brothers Note 2, and Safari beats the Android browser pretty noticeably as well...so its not just a few milliseconds faster its alot more then that. My i5 is alot faster then my brothers Note 2

I dont play many games at all so i dont know. But i do know that Chrome is faster than Safari ..which lacks many features than Chrome.

I have a GS3 and i had one App freeze up. Doesnt anymore since it was updated. No other Apps i use have crashed so i cant agree. And your brothers Note 2 does things your iPhone will never be able to do.

Sorry, you can and ive never got a virus from 2.5 years of using Android so though it can happen, it is unlikely unless you have no common sense. Having some common sense goes a long ways.

LOL...not even a contest. Cydia sucks compared to what you can do with Custom ROM's. Clearly you have no idea what your talking about here. 10 minutes? If you know what your doing you can flash a ROM in minutes...if you want to. You can change so many things and im not just talking about flashing a ROM. The list goes on and on.
You cant do any of it on iOS.
LOL, only a fool would say Cydia is better than being able to flash ROM's. Not to mention Cydia crashes often.

In the end...who really cares! My GS3 works great, does many things i need and want it to, NFC is fast and a great option that you dont have.

I dont care which phone you have or like. Both phones are good and you cant go wrong with either.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Accelerate is just an animation tweak. It doesn't change how fast ios actually becomes. It just changed the way you perceive it.

Your buddy could turn off all animations on his note 2 as well and I am sure he would be blown away by the "responsiveness" again.

Also FYI, AppStore on my iPhone crashes too. Safari crashes once a day. And iPod app has crashed twice this morning already.

Not for me. Do you have a i5? Theres clearly something wrong with your device if its crashing everyday, iOS devices are not like that. And what? Lmfao! I know it speeds up animations but it speeds up the phone itself. Apps load faster with faster animation speed, everything losds faster and quicker when you have your animation speed up. Its not just "percieved" i actually timed how fast Accelerate makes opening apps faster and it opens apps for me 2-3 seconds faster rather it being on normal speed

----------

If your using ROM's, its because there is a ROM out there that has a significant additives to Jelly Bean. I used to flash ROM's with my older Android but have not rooted my current one because i dont feel i need to. Its runs just fine on Jelly Bean.

The Apps i use dont crash is all i can tell ya.

Oh wow, so instead of 2 seconds, you got it to 3-4? :rolleyes: Im sure that was worth the tweak. And im sure if your Brother knew how to, he could turn some things off to speed it up. You have a choice on Android to do that.

I dont play many games at all so i dont know. But i do know that Chrome is faster than Safari ..which lacks many features than Chrome.

I have a GS3 and i had one App freeze up. Doesnt anymore since it was updated. No other Apps i use have crashed so i cant agree. And your brothers Note 2 does things your iPhone will never be able to do.

Sorry, you can and ive never got a virus from 2.5 years of using Android so though it can happen, it is unlikely unless you have no common sense. Having some common sense goes a long ways.

LOL...not even a contest. Cydia sucks compared to what you can do with Custom ROM's. Clearly you have no idea what your talking about here. 10 minutes? If you know what your doing you can flash a ROM in minutes...if you want to. You can change so many things and im not just talking about flashing a ROM. The list goes on and on.
You cant do any of it on iOS.
LOL, only a fool would say Cydia is better than being able to flash ROM's. Not to mention Cydia crashes often.

In the end...who really cares! My GS3 works great, does many things i need and want it to, NFC is fast and a great option that you dont have.

I dont care which phone you have or like. Both phones are good and you cant go wrong with either.

My jailbroken i5 does everything better and faster then my brothers Note 2. Whats your point. First of all people are getting malware and viruses from popular Play Store apps, dont believe me? Go look it up, stop being so ignorant, you need a dam virus protector for Android otherwise youll get screwed eventually

How can you say Chrome is faster then Safari? Its not comparable to Chrome...Safari beats Chrome in just about every browser benchmark test.

http://youtu.be/xt_F_ASqZYE

Just watch that video and watch iOS chrome blow out Chrome on the new Nexus 4 S4 Pro cpu quad core 1.6 ghz garbage. And Chrome on iOS is even slower then Safari so i cant imagine what would the results would of been if he was on Safari. And i can get the same exact features Chrome has with tweaks for Safari so your point is moot. Android browser is slower then iOS browser, this has been the case for a long time now.

I dont understand why Android fans have to make things up, Chrome faster then Safari? LOL wow get a grip on reality. Watch that video i linked and be quiet. I tested safari vs chrome (my i5 vs my brothers note 2) and my iphone 5 won every single speed test loading websites

----------

You lose all credibility when you say Accelerate doesnt speed up iOS. It makes apps load much faster on my i5

----------

What study exactly. Stop making up crap if you can't post sources. You don't have to flash ROMs to root on android either.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2013/02/07/app-data-crash-off-android-jelly-bean-vs-ios6/

1.16% for iOS 6, 1.56% for JellyBean, and thats extremely impressive considering alot of the iOS
6 devices out there are single and old gen dual core phones with only 512mb of ram, AND the apps are crashing less on these devices compared to quad core cpu's and plenty of ram for Android jellybean devices

Last edited:

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Not for me. Do you have a i5? Theres clearly something wrong with your device if its crashing everyday, iOS devices are not like that. And what? Lmfao! I know it speeds up animations but it speeds up the phone itself. Apps load faster with faster animation speed, everything losds faster and quicker when you have your animation speed up. Its not just "percieved" i actually timed how fast Accelerate makes opening apps faster and it opens apps for me 2-3 seconds faster rather it being on normal speed

----------

My jailbroken i5 does everything better and faster then my brothers Note 2. Whats your point. First of all people are getting malware and viruses from popular Play Store apps, dont believe me? Go look it up, stop being so ignorant, you need a dam virus protector for Android otherwise youll get screwed eventually

How can you say Chrome is faster then Safari? Its not comparable to Chrome...Safari beats Chrome in just about every browser benchmark test.

Just watch that video and watch iOS chrome blow out Chrome on the new Nexus 4 S4 Pro cpu quad core 1.6 ghz garbage. And Chrome on iOS is even slower then Safari so i cant imagine what would the results would of been if he was on Safari. And i can get the same exact features Chrome has with tweaks for Safari so your point is moot. Android browser is slower then iOS browser, this has been the case for a long time now.

I dont understand why Android fans have to make things up, Chrome faster then Safari? LOL wow get a grip on reality. Watch that video i linked and be quiet. I tested safari vs chrome (my i5 vs my brothers note 2) and my iphone 5 won every single speed test loading websites

----------

You lose all credibility when you say Accelerate doesnt speed up iOS. It makes apps load much faster on my i5

----------

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2013/02/07/app-data-crash-off-android-jelly-bean-vs-ios6/

1.16% for iOS 6, 1.56% for JellyBean, and thats extremely impressive considering alot of the iOS
6 devices out there are single and old gen dual core phones with only 512mb of ram, AND the apps are crashing less on these devices compared to quad core cpu's and plenty of ram for Android jellybean devices

Sigh.....

How can someone jailbreak and still don't know difference between speedy animations and a speedy os is beyond me.

I can bet your ignorance $1000 accelerate doesnt speed up ios. It can't. The OS core is not rewritten in that tweak. Your animations take less time and you think it is "faster".

And yes I have a i5, had a i4 before, i3gs before that and apps crashed on all of them. Ios isn't magical, it can crash too. You just don't see a message saying anything about it.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Again, those with no common sense are the ones who are apt to get a virus. I have never had one in 2.5 years. And i dont care if your phone is faster. You installed 25 tweaks to make it work better. Your Brothers is stock and what, a few seconds slower :rolleyes:
Im not into benchmarks so if you say so.

Just watch that video and watch iOS chrome blow out Chrome on the new Nexus 4 S4 Pro cpu quad core 1.6 ghz garbage.
That video doesnt do the iP5 any justice. It loaded one of two pages faster in the beginning and the scrolling you claim is better, it wasnt near as smooth as the N4. Took two sometimes three swipes to one of the N4 to get it down to the bottom of the page. And you didnt paste the link right. Dont worry, i used common sense to make it work.

And Chrome on iOS is even slower then Safari so i cant imagine what would the results would of been if he was on Safari. And i can get the same exact features Chrome has with tweaks for Safari so your point is moot. Android browser is slower then iOS browser, this has been the case for a long time now.

Never used Chrome on iOS. And i dont need tweaks. Your phone must still suck to be using all those tweaks and i did say many times long ago that you have to jailbreak an iPhone for it to be worth having. I guess that is still the case.

I dont understand why Android fans have to make things up,Chrome faster then Safari? LOL wow get a grip on reality. Watch that video i linked and be quiet. I tested safari vs chrome (my i5 vs my brothers note 2) and my iphone 5 won every single speed test loading websites
Im not making anything up. You posted that video, not me.
Granted i stopped watching halfway thru because at that point it was a fail.

Here is the bottom line. Both phones do everything really good. One wins loading this, the other wins loading that and are a few seconds behind the other so it isnt a big deal.

Selective reading traits?

First of all you are acknowledging that iOS does in fact crash. Good for you. What you failed at was trying to show that Android apps crash much more often as you said they do. That article said: Overall, the Android apps that use Crittercism have a 1.76% crash rate, while iOS apps have a 1.98% crash rate.

Then it said that iOS crashed 1.15 to 1.5....not 1.56.

Bottom line, you failed to show anything of significants. And not all Android phone have a quad core. Here in the USA they dont so you are making stuff up again.

The article also says this:

Crittercism found that most crashes were on less popular devices such as carrier-specific or regional-specific devices.Tablets also had high crash rates

So sorry, it appears its not the top end flagship phones that are having the most trouble so you fail again. Perhaps actually read the article next time.

It all comes down to what you like better. A simpler OS or one that you can do more with and a smaller screen as opposed to a bigger one.

Thats it, and for you, it seems you like the smaller, simpler one. Congrats on that but you dont need to try and tell us you dont like the Note 2 and why yours is better after your jailbroke it and made 25 tweaks comparing it to a stock one because nobody cares.
Many who have one love it! I dont have one because for me it is too big for my taste.

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Again, those with no common sense are the ones who are apt to get a virus. I have never had one in 2.5 years. And i dont care if your phone is faster. You installed 25 tweaks to make it work better. Your Brothers is stock and what, a few seconds slower :rolleyes:

Im not into benchmarks so if you say so.

That video doesnt do the iP5 any justice. It loaded one of two pages faster in the beginning and the scrolling you claim is better, it wasnt near as smooth as the N4. Took two sometimes three swipes to one of the N4 to get it down to the bottom of the page. And you didnt paste the link right. Dont worry, i used common sense to make it work.

Never used Chrome on iOS. And i dont need tweaks. Your phone must still suck to be using all those tweaks and i did say many times long ago that you have to jailbreak an iPhone for it to be worth having. I guess that is still the case.

Im not making anything up. You posted that video, not me.
Granted i stopped watching halfway thru because at that point it was a fail.

Here is the bottom line. Both phones do everything really good. One wins loading this, the other wins loading that and are a few seconds behind the other so it isnt a big deal.

Selective reading traits?

First of all you are acknowledging that iOS does in fact crash. Good for you. What you failed at was trying to show that Android apps crash much more often as you said they do. That article said: Overall, the Android apps that use Crittercism have a 1.76% crash rate, while iOS apps have a 1.98% crash rate.

Then it said that iOS crashed 1.15 to 1.5....not 1.56.

Bottom line, you failed to show anything of significants. And not all Android phone have a quad core. Here in the USA they dont so you are making stuff up again. The aritcle also says this:

Crittercism found that most crashes were on less popular devices such as carrier-specific or regional-specific devices.Tablets also had high crash rates

So sorry, it appears its not the top end flagship phones that are having the most trouble so you fail again. Perhaps actually read the article next time.

It all comes down to what you like better. A simpler OS or one that you can do more with and a smaller screen as opposed to a bigger one.

Thats it, and for you, it seems you like the smaller, simpler one. Congrats on that but you dont need to try and tell us you dont like the Note 2 and why yours is better after your jailbroke it and made 25 tweaks comparing it to a stock one because nobody cares.
Many who have one love it! I dont have one because for me it is too big for my taste.

Why are you comparing scrolling physics? I dont care if you can scroll faster on Android, you cant even tap the top to shoot back up to the top.

If i really wanted Androids inferior scrolling mechanics theres actually tweaks on Cydia that can grant me that. But id rather take websites loading 5 seconds plus faster on my i5 then "faster scrolling" which i could get from Cydia anyway, so your point is moot. You fail to realize that every JellyBean Android phone out there gets the checkerboard effect when you zoom all the way in, let go and then zoom out, you get checkerboards everywhere... Not on my i5 that never ever happens, the website remains intact when i zoom in and out. Safari is superior to any Android browser out there right now

And what? The note 2 isnt a quad core cpu? The nexus 4 isnt a quad core cpu? All these phones are available in the US. And that website I linked you is talking about Jelly Bean vs iOS 6. Almost all jellybean devices have a dual core and 1 gig of ram and up.

Why are you mentioning old iOS versions? There are over 300 million iOS devices now on iOS 6.

Im actually not making anything up, sorry that you have no clue what your talking about because the Note 2 in the US is a quad core. The Droid DNA is a quad core, and there are other android devices that are quad core in the US

And first of all, it doesnt say that the top end flagship android phones arent crashing, all it says is that devices that arent really that popular devices like the Droid DNA (which has a quad core S4 pro processor, latest processor for Android)

Thats what there talking about , the Droid DNA is a carrier specific device owned only by Verizon. Those are the type of devices there mentioning. All JellyBean devices out there are top end flagship Android phones. The rest are still stuck on ice cream sandwich.

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Sigh.....

How can someone jailbreak and still don't know difference between speedy animations and a speedy os is beyond me.

I can bet your ignorance $1000 accelerate doesnt speed up ios. It can't. The OS core is not rewritten in that tweak. Your animations take less time and you think it is "faster".

And yes I have a i5, had a i4 before, i3gs before that and apps crashed on all of them. Ios isn't magical, it can crash too. You just don't see a message saying anything about it.

Oh by no means I know all software crashes sometimes, even iOS, my point is that it happens much less on a iOS device then a Android device. I came from a Galaxy S3 and i cant even tell you how many times my screen went black and the navigation lights on the bottom remained on and my phone was rendered useless unless i pull out the battery pack and restart my phone. The only thing that ever crashes for me is Facebook and that only happens once a week literally, thats the only thing that messes up ever

Okay and what does speeding up the animations do...? Speeds up app switching, speeds up clicking on a link from a app or what not. Everything is snappier, it loads animations from apps faster, it brings me back to my apps faster, apps load faster because of the faster animations. You know speeding up animations brings me faster to my apps and apps perform faster because of the faster animations, so yeah it actually does speed up my phone alot

How does this not make sense to you. Less time is spent in animation transitions and instead it just gets straight to the point.

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Why are you comparing scrolling physics?

It ws part of the demo comparing the two devices and didnt you say scrolling was better?

I dont care if you can scroll faster on Android,

Of course you dont now .

you cant even tap the top to shoot back up to the top.

So? Thats a minor thing ive learned to live without after many more features you dont have.

If i really wanted Androids inferior scrolling mechanics theres actually tweaks on Cydia that can grant me that.

Ah yes, im sure there is. You keep comparing a jailbroken phone to a stock one. I havent rooted my GS3 because i dont need to so i cvant speak of the many more things it could do if i did. Maybe someone who is running a custom ROM could enlighten you.
And what? The note 2 isnt a quad core cpu? The nexus 4 isnt a quad core cpu?

Not sure, i dont have one.

And that website I linked you is talking about Jelly Bean vs iOS 6. Almost all jellybean devices have a dual core and 1 gig of ram and up.

Yep
Why are you mentioning old iOS versions? There are over 300 million iOS devices now on iOS 6.

Where did i mention an old iOS version?

Im actually not making anything up, sorry that you have no clue what your talking about because the Note 2 in the US is a quad core. The Droid DNA is a quad core, and there are other android devices that are quad core in the US
I dont have a Note 2 and arent interested in one so i didnt know if it had a quad core. Just assumed it didnt like every other Android. So you were right about that. Good for you. You win. Maybe you will want to share this post that you won that one with all your friends and family thru email or sharing from the forum and share it on Facebook.

Oh wait, you cant. Need Android to do that. Sorry.
And first of all, it doesnt say that the top end flagship android phones arent crashing, all it says is that devices that arent really that popular devices like the Droid DNA (which has a quad core S4 pro processor, latest processor for Android)

And i didnt say it did. What it is saying though is that the lesser popular phones crash more making the number go up that if it were only comparing teh best phones that are iPhone compatible. Thats comon sense.
Thats what there talking about , the Droid DNA is a carrier specific device owned only by Verizon. Those are the type of devices there mentioning. All JellyBean devices out there are top end flagship Android phones. The rest are still stuck on ice cream sandwich.

And the iP4s has a watered down version of iOS 6 so please dont try and tell me all iPhones got iOS 6 because the last version didnt get the whole update and iP4 got even less.

The GS2 has Jelly Bean but i dont know what pothers do or are getting it. And when Android get the update, they get the whole update or...you can update it yourself and not have to wait 7 months for a dev team to come up with a jailbreak.

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
It ws part of the demo comparing the two devices and didnt you say scrolling was better?

Of course you dont now .

So? Thats a minor thing ive learned to live without after many more features you dont have.

Ah yes, im sure there is. You keep comparing a jailbroken phone to a stock one. I havent rooted my GS3 because i dont need to so i cvant speak of the many more things it could do if i did. Maybe someone who is running a custom ROM could enlighten you.

Not sure, i dont have one.

Yep

Where did i mention an old iOS version?

I dont have a Note 2 and arent interested in one so i didnt know if it had a quad core. Just assumed it didnt like every other Android. So you were right about that. Good for you. You win. Maybe you will want to share this post that you won that one with all your friends and family thru email or sharing from the forum and share it on Facebook.

Oh wait, you cant. Need Android to do that. Sorry.

And i didnt say it did. What it is saying though is that the lesser popular phones crash more making the number go up that if it were only comparing teh best phones that are iPhone compatible. Thats comon sense.

And the iP4s has a watered down version of iOS 6 so please dont try and tell me all iPhones got iOS 6 because the last version didnt get the whole update and iP4 got even less.

The GS2 has Jelly Bean but i dont know what pothers do or are getting it. And when Android get the update, they get the whole update or...you can update it yourself and not have to wait 7 months for a dev team to come up with a jailbreak.

7 months..right, and Android devices dont get crucial simple updates from Google for over a year, all that has to go through carrier testing.

The point is that iOS 6 apps crash less then Jelly Bean. Thats what the Forbes article highlighted, its in the first picture. When you combine all the iOS verisons crash rates then yes iOS apps crash just a bit more, but thats not realistic at all because out of 500 million iOS devices out there, 350 million are on iOS 6.

And yeah scrolling is inferior on Android. Ever try scrolling around?? It feels like your playing the Wheel of Fortune, Androids touch recogintion and touch physics are inferior to iOS. iOS follows your fingers much better, if you dont believe me try scrolling in Contacts on both. iOS is extremely precise in your finger placement on the screen. With Android there is a slight delay when you scroll and pan around and it doesnt feel like its following your finger that good. But im just spoiled by Apple's superior touch recoginition and physics, people who have never owned a iOS device will never know.

Listen 80% of android users dont even have a clue on what a root even is. Jailbreaking is much easier to do and its much easier to apply tweaks/changes then rooting and flashing to different Roms and whatnot

Cmon Android doesnt even have a system similar to iMessage, thats such a fail for such a big information service provider company like Google who has so many different types of services tied together.

Id rather take a more closed OS that is 100x more safer then the open OS aka Android. I shouldnt have to install a dam virus protector on my phone just so i can search the Play Store safely. I shouldnt have to worry about threats and viruses and malware on whatever website i click on and whatnot. There are advantages to having such a open OS and there are extreme disdvantages to having a open OS. Thats why Android is barely in enterprise because its not reliable or trusted

Whatever bro i dont even care anymore. I had a GS3 and by all means it was not a bad device at all, i enjoyed it while i had it besides a few major nusiances like the screen going black on me and navigation lights on the bottom staying on.. The only way to fix that issue is to pull out your battery and that was extremely frustrating because it happened once a day and i have tried resets and clean slates and it still occured.

I just dont get how Android fans think there OS is innovation and iOS isnt innovation. JellyBean is not a innovative update at all, iOS users have been enjoying a smoother consistent OS since the first iPhone came out, now finally Android rolls out a update to smoothen their OS. And hell if you dont have a Nexus device then your basically left out in the dust on new updates from Google

Please tell me what is watered down on the iPhone 4S version of iOS 6? I would love for you to tell me this. Yes the iPhone 4 iOS 6 version is slightly watered down, but it still gets a bunch of improvements and Safari improvements

Im done, I cant argue with you anymore i already proved my point

Last edited:

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
7 months..right, and Android devices dont get crucial simple updates from Google for over a year, all that has to go through carrier testing.

Same as iOS. You get a new major version of iOS every year. Android id getting beter though. I have gotten 3 updates since July with one being Jelly Bean and another since then.
The point is that iOS 6 apps crash less then Jelly Bean. Thats what the Forbes article highlighted, its in the first picture. When you combine all the iOS verisons crash rates then yes iOS apps crash just a bit more, but thats not realistic at all because out of 500 million iOS devices out there, 350 million are on iOS 6.

iOS still crashes and often where you said it didnt happen very much if at all. The difference wasnt a lot according your article.
And yeah scrolling is inferior on Android. Ever try scrolling around?? It feels like your playing the Wheel of Fortune, Androids touch recogintion and touch physics are inferior to iOS. iOS follows your fingers much better, if you dont believe me try scrolling in Contacts on both.

My GS3 scrolls just as smooth as that video showing N4, which scrolled much better than the iPhone 5. And i dont have a iPhone 5 but i do have a Mini and scrolling is more consistant on that. At least i can admit it. Your not doing so well in that department even after posting a video that showed otherwise. Maybe the GS3 you got had an issue. I dont have an issue with mine.
Listen 80% of android users dont even have a clue on what a root even is. Jailbreaking is much easier to do and its much easier to apply tweaks/changes then rooting and flashing to different Roms and whatnot

And that has to do with what exactly? At least those that do root and use ROM's, they can do it almost instantly instead of waiting MONTHS for a dev team of a few people to do it for them. There are so many more Devs who do things for Android. So many more working on all different devices.

Cmon Android doesnt even have a system similar to iMessage, thats such a fail for such a big information service provider company like Google who has so many different types of services tied together.

So, they have many other things that iOS doesnt have and Google Voice which works real well. If iMessage is all you got, you got nothing.

Id rather take a more closed OS that is 100x more safer then the open OS aka Android. I shouldnt have to install a dam virus protector on my phone just so i can search the Play Store safely.

I dont either and never have in 2.5 years. You dont need to do that, its just something you arent imformed about so you spout off about nonsense. Use some common sense when using teh device instead of doing someting stupid and you wont have a problem.

I shouldnt have to worry about threats and viruses and malware on whatever website i click on and whatnot.

Well again, you dont have to but keep talking about something you know nothing about. It does exist on Apple as well. Choose to ignore it if you want.
There are advantages to having such a open OS and there are extreme disdvantages to having a open OS.

YAWN....you can say that about both. Being trusted isnt some thing i worry about. I dont own a business nd dont feel threatened by a virus in the least. You can stop talking about that anytime now. You wont get a different answer from me.

Whatever bro i dont even care anymore.

Apparently you do, lol

I had a GS3 and by all means it was not a bad device at all, i enjoyed it while i had it besides a few major nusiances like the screen going black on me and navigation lights on the bottom staying on.. The only way to fix that issue is to pull out your battery and that was extremely frustrating because it happened once a day and i have tried resets and clean slates and it still occured.

See i would have taken it back. Common sense says that isnt normal and it isnt by my experience.

I just dont get how Android fans think there OS is innovation and iOS isnt innovation. JellyBean is not a innovative update at all, iOS users have been enjoying a smoother consistent OS since the first iPhone came out, now finally Android rolls out a update to smoothen their OS. And hell if you dont have a Nexus device then your basically left out in the dust on new updates from Google

:rolleyes:
Please tell me what is watered down on the iPhone 4S version of iOS 6? I would love for you to tell me this. Yes the iPhone 4 iOS 6 version is slightly watered down, but it still gets a bunch of improvements and Safari improvements

Is the iP5 your first iPhone? You must be new to this smartphone game if you dont know the answer to that. Neither phone got the FULL update to iOS and iP4 got even less.

Do some research. Clearly you need to be educate about it.

Im done, I cant argue with you anymore i already proved my point

LOL, proved your point? Bro, you didnt PROVE anything except that you are uninformed about some things.

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Same as iOS. You get a new major version of iOS every year. Android id getting betrer though. I have gotten 3 updates since July with one being Jelly Bean and another since then.

iOS still crashes and often where you said it didnt happen very much if at all. The difference wasnt a lot according your article.

My GHS3 scrolls just as smooth as that video showing N4, which scrolled much better than the iPhone 5. And i dont have a iPhone 5 but i do have a Mini and scrolling is more consistant on that. At least i can admit it. Your not doing so well in that department even after posting a video that showed otherwise. Maybe the GS3 you got had an issue. I dont have an issue with mine.

And that has to do with what exactly? At least those that do root and use ROM's, they can do it almost instantly instead of waiting MONTHS for a dev team of a few people to do it for them. There are so many more Devs who do things for Android. So many more working on all different devices.

So, they have many other things that iOS doesnt have and Google Voice which works real well. If iMessage is all you got, you got nothing.

I dont either and never have in 2.5 years. You dont need to do that, its just something you arent imformed about so you spout off about nonsense. Use some common sense when using teh device instead of doing someting stupid and you wont have a problem.

Well again, you dont have to but keep talking about something you know nothing about. It does exist on Apple as well. Choose to ignore it if you want.

YAWN....you can say that about both. Being trusted isnt some thing i worry about. I dont own a business nd dont feel threatened by a virus in the least. You can stop talking about that anytime now. You wont get a different answer from me.

Apparently you do, lol

See i would have taken it back. Common sense says that isnt normal and it isnt by my experience.

:rolleyes:

Is the iP5 your first iPhone? You must be new to this smartphone game if you dont know the answer to that. Neither phone giot the FULL update to iOS and iP4 got even less.

Do some research. Cklearly you need to be educate about it.

LOL, proved your point? Bro, you didnt PROVE anything except that you are uninformed about some things.

clearly you have no idea what your talking about after you JUST found out there are quad core devices out in the US. you cant even point out to me what features the iPhone 4s doesnt have from iOS 6 compared to the i5.

okay and so tell me why there is a rampant virus spreading in China on the Google Play Store that you can get from downloading popular apps like Temple Run and other apps. obviously that is not doing something "stupid" as you say

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/01/15/vast-android-botnet-claims-1-million-victims-china/

i guess you havent seen this

"The Trojan-based attack has struck the Android platform having been hidden in more than 7,000 apps, including popular games such as Temple Run and Fishing Joy, reports Chinese news agency Xinhua,"

clearly these people arent doing anything out of the ordinary with there device and there using what you would call "common sense"

theres countless videos showing the discrepancy between Android touch and iOS touch, its not even a match its obvious Android is 1 step behind in that catorgory... maybe Key Lime Pie will do the trick for you guys, but then again youd probably have to wait 8 months to get Key Lime Pie on your Galaxy S3 and by then the next Android version will be out by then

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012

You have to understand that most core apps in Android are decoupled from OS allowing them to be updated independently from OS. So there is really no disadvantage at all compared to iOS. In fact, ios is worse since you have to wait for the OS update even for core apps functionality/bug update which is ridiculous to say the least.

The point is you have not used a proper android before. My S3 and Note2 can go for months without crashes/restart.

And yeah scrolling is inferior on Android. Ever try scrolling around?? It feels like your playing the Wheel of Fortune, Androids touch recogintion and touch physics are inferior to iOS. iOS follows your fingers much better, if you dont believe me try scrolling in Contacts on both. iOS is extremely precise in your finger placement on the screen. With Android there is a slight delay when you scroll and pan around and it doesnt feel like its following your finger that good. But im just spoiled by Apple's superior touch recoginition and physics, people who have never owned a iOS device will never know.

why are you harping on this. in all practicality there is really no different is smoothness. You keep talking about contact but has it got into your head that iOS contact list does not include picture thumbnail unlike Android. Of course it will be smoother. I would say, without picture thumbnail ios is way behind in user satisfaction.

an unrooted stock android >>> jailbroken iOS in functionility.

custom ROM in Android is compiled with FULL source code whereas jailbreak is an unstable hack using code injection during runtime. Try using different jailbroken apps that use incompatible code injection technique will surely to crash the phone.

who bother about a proprietary app that can only work for iOS. Dont forget 2/3 of all other smartphone users are not using IOS which renders iMEssage useless.

Id rather take a more closed OS that is 100x more safer then the open OS aka Android. I shouldnt have to install a dam virus protector on my phone just so i can search the Play Store safely. I shouldnt have to worry about threats and viruses and malware on whatever website i click on and whatnot. There are advantages to having such a open OS and there are extreme disdvantages to having a open OS. Thats why Android is barely in enterprise because its not reliable or trusted

Malware? You are kidding yourself if you think iOS dont have malware? You only depends on Apple to do QC and even if there is a big muck-up you think apple is gonna advertise it? I have more confident in open system instead of proprietary iOS which no one can check up on.

Whatever bro i dont even care anymore. I had a GS3 and by all means it was not a bad device at all, i enjoyed it while i had it besides a few major nusiances like the screen going black on me and navigation lights on the bottom staying on.. The only way to fix that issue is to pull out your battery and that was extremely frustrating because it happened once a day and i have tried resets and clean slates and it still occured.

Android (not just jelly bean) is a more advanced OS from the beginning than iOS. It is just undisputable that it can do more than iOS including but not limited to:-.

- data centric system. data like music/video/files can be opened by any application instead of built-in app. Don't need to go thru hoops to get data in and out of phone like iOS. You can use any connectivity incl usb/usbToGo, BT, NFC etc
- support for many data format. no need to waste time to go thru iTunes to convert data before it can be loaded to phone.
- intent system allows any apps to response to events and automatically do stuff in the background.
- file system
- true multi-tasking allowing for various type of apps to work properly (incl. auto data upload/download, IM, voip etc)
- flexible data sharing capability
- better Playstore allow for web-based download or purchase instead of using retarded and slow itunes and refund

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
clearly you have no idea what your talking about after you JUST found out there are quad core devices out in the US. you cant even point out to me what features the iPhone 4s doesnt have from iOS 6 compared to the i5.

okay and so tell me why there is a rampant virus spreading in China on the Google Play Store that you can get from downloading popular apps like Temple Run and other apps. obviously that is not doing something "stupid" as you say

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/01/15/vast-android-botnet-claims-1-million-victims-china/

i guess you havent seen this

"The Trojan-based attack has struck the Android platform having been hidden in more than 7,000 apps, including popular games such as Temple Run and Fishing Joy, reports Chinese news agency Xinhua,"

clearly these people arent doing anything out of the ordinary with there device and there using what you would call "common sense"

theres countless videos showing the discrepancy between Android touch and iOS touch, its not even a match its obvious Android is 1 step behind in that catorgory... maybe Key Lime Pie will do the trick for you guys, but then again youd probably have to wait 8 months to get Key Lime Pie on your Galaxy S3 and by then the next Android version will be out by then

Well its a good thing we dont live in China :rolleyes: See, you dont have to worry, as i told you.
China is all messed up. They are bypassing the Google store with apps and sending them out by just an .apk file and are getting infected, or something like that. I read it recently. In anycase, it doesnt affect us here.

As for the iOS6 thing...the iP4 is missing a lot of things from iOS6. iP4S obviously not as much. Like i know iP4S got the Siri update but dont believe it got 100% of it if i remember correctly reading about it in here. Maybe someone else knows for sure what got left out of the 4S. I dont have an iPhone and wasnt interested in getting a iP5 so i dont keep up with everything. Jus what i see posters complain about in here about it.

And i have no interest in a Note so i dont know all the features it has or what proccessor it has. I just know that it is too big for my liking.

Here is a list of things that the iP4 didnt get as far as the major ones. And this list is one of the first and i think it was discovered later that iP4S didnt get the full update of everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.