Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
What with the rather large build up of hype for things like The iMac and Leopard,
and the ensuing dissapointed reactions seen from many Macrumors members and other Mac users
I was wondering what people would expect to see at the WWDC 6 years from now!

Maybe Steve Jobs won't even be presenting it then? Or perhaps he would have been voted in as leader of the entire world and would make his speech from the Presidential suite on Mars.

Perhaps by then we would finally have got the new iMac we were hoping for this time, I'd like to see something like this:

attachment.php
attachment.php

(Originally posted by DigitalSkunk)

Also perhaps we may see some way of using the heat produced from a MBP and heating our houses with it.

Finally i think Steve Jobs may be cloning himself and selling his clones to the public using the maketing name of the iSteve!

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I think that's the 100th time I've seen that picture posted on MR.

But yeah, technology is changing very fast. I can't wait to see what comes out of the falling flash prices.

itcheroni

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2005
CA
Who came up with that keyboard? It's the opposite of an ergonomic keyboard. It should bend the other way. If your employees use that, you'll be sued for negligent infliction of carpal tunnel syndrome the first week.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Who came up with that keyboard? It's the opposite of an ergonomic keyboard. It should bend the other way. If your employees use that, you'll be sued for negligent infliction of carpal tunnel syndrome the first week.

Like Apple's current desktop keyboard? :eek:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
When we become balls of energy, there won't be a need for all this tangible stuff.

btaussie

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007

Duh it's 2013. The Mac types for you! Get with the times man!! :D

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA

bah, in 2013 we talk to the computer most of the time. the few times you use the keyboard won't matter. in that case design over function!

i hope they get some optical cpu's by then and we have 10GHz octocore notebooks with led screens, solid state memory and 24 hrs battery life at 14" screens(almost no becel)/3 pounds. and water/coffee/tea/beerproof please since cooling isn't necessary anymore.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
Most of the input devices we will be using will be our own bodies (hands, voice, etc.), further integrating our biological selves with our technological counterparts. Computers will become even more of an extension of our minds and bodies.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
By 2013, we will have gone into the "real" transitional media (not this bluray HD DVD ****) and a lot of companies, and specifically hollywood are investing into holograms.

johnhmeyer123

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2006
Hello from the Future!

Hello from the future! This thread is awesome, and it's so cool to see what people thought just 6 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.