Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yako76

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Hello again my friends!
Another laptop, another problem.
I have a MBA 11 2010 with spilled wather. I can start the machin but no chime and no video. The fan start and goes after 4 second off, thna startet again with
increasing speed. Battery will charged.
No light on Caps lock, but Smc reset can be made.
Any Idea?
I have schematic and board view of this model.

Thanks a lot Guys!!!!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Sell it on eBay. There are always ppl who think the can fix anything or maybe too poor to buy a working Mac and try their luck on a damaged.

skinny*k

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
California
There is a fairly long, but very informative thread here, on the MacBook pro forum, that gives some good info on cleaning up and repairing after water spills. Sometimes its just corrosion that can be fixed, and sometimes you'll need to replace components. The thread covers board level repairs, where Apple and most repair shops would insist that you need a new motherboard; you can save a lot of money—and having the schematic and board view will help—and you won't lose money selling it for parts.

Good luck, Yako.

(In case the above link doesn't work, copy/paste this: http://forums. macrumors. com/showthread. php?t=1122338

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.