Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I had the same issue with typing on the s3. Everyone talks about how good it is, but I actually was looking for a keyboard exactly like the iPhone one. Maybe I have just used it so long, but I just type away and rely on autocorrect.

The iPhone's keyboard is just more accurate and the touch response is precise for sure. I was at the store this morning and had a whole bunch of clothing in my arm at the cashier and could type 1 handed just fine with the iPhone. The Note 2 was impossible to type 1 handed even with the 1 handed keyboard enabled.

Ha, i hated typing on the iPhone. Swiftkey is sooo much better. Hec any Android keyboard ive tried is better. Swiftkey Flow is just awesome. Its got all the features of Swiftkey plus the features of Swype. Damn good keyboard. There are other good ones too. I find it hard to believe you cant find one better than the crappy iPhone keyboard.

Give Swiftkey flow a shot

SwiftKey keyboards look ghastly and it doesn't solve the touch response issue. Not to mention there isn't even a 1 handed option.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Enjoy your note mate. Don't be discouraged ....until apple realizes something is hitting them and give us more...

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I switched from my iPhone 5 to a Note 2 and don't regret it. I just can't seem to find a buyer for my iPhone 5 :( the CC bill is coming up soon.

Internaut

macrumors 65816
The widgets really do shine on a bigger phone

And they're useful too. Having the calendar, tasks and most recent emails over a couple of screens is useful (not to mention building on good ideas that Microsoft had with Windows CE and Outlook, but chose not to develop). Yes, I know a lot of the immediate things are dealt with through the notification centre but having my day at a glance is nice.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
The Note 2 can honestly function as a mini personal computer and with android, you can configure it how you like it. Its the best phone - by far - that I've ever owned.

Yeah! I went from iPhone 4 to note 2 and this thing has replaced my laptop and tablet. Amazing. Check out Earth HD live wallpaper it makes the home screen super fluid and awesome.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Love my Note II. Its the upgrade I've been waiting for after the iPhone 4. No issues with the keyboard but I found an app (MightyText) that will allow me to text from any computer/tablet using the stock messaging app and all messages sync with your phone.

Now I can send and receive texts without ever picking up my phone all while using a full size computer keyboard. The phone doesnt even have to be with you. You can accidently leave your phone at home and still be able to text people if you're at work, etc..

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The iPhone's keyboard is just more accurate and the touch response is precise for sure. I was at the store this morning and had a whole bunch of clothing in my arm at the cashier and could type 1 handed just fine with the iPhone. The Note 2 was impossible to type 1 handed even with the 1 handed keyboard enabled.

SwiftKey keyboards look ghastly and it doesn't solve the touch response issue. Not to mention there isn't even a 1 handed option.

My guess is you never tried it. There are like five different types of themes. And What do you mean you can't use it one handed?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
My guess is you never tried it. There are like five different types of themes. And What do you mean you can't use it one handed?

Swiping one handed is a pleasure with Flow. There are still some quirks it needs to work out (beta and all) but it's a dream to use. In terms of one handed usage, one handed swiping is easily faster than one handed tapping.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
The iPhone's keyboard is just more accurate and the touch response is precise for sure. I was at the store this morning and had a whole bunch of clothing in my arm at the cashier and could type 1 handed just fine with the iPhone.

One hand full of clothes, the other texting, what hand did you use to pay the cashier?:rolleyes:

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Love my Note II. Its the upgrade I've been waiting for after the iPhone 4. No issues with the keyboard but I found an app (MightyText) that will allow me to text from any computer/tablet using the stock messaging app and all messages sync with your phone.

Now I can send and receive texts without ever picking up my phone all while using a full size computer keyboard. The phone doesnt even have to be with you. You can accidently leave your phone at home and still be able to text people if you're at work, etc..

Awesome, thank you for this tip! I had tried various other apps claiming to be able to do this, but this one actually works and helps fill the void of using ichat/imessage while at work on the computer. Thanks!

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
Went from an i5 to an N2. Too many positives for the N2 to put in a post like this. The N2 kills the i5 in every way I can think of. The battery lasts 3x as long, has OTG, ect....It's just :eek::D:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.