Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
This one seems to be a trickie one, HandBrake claimed no Title found but there is title on disk

Help Anyone Please

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
This one seems to be a trickie one, HandBrake claimed no Title found but there is title on disk

Help Anyone Please

I had to use MakeMKV (I normally do for Blu rays anyway) to get the rip first, then encode with handbrake after for this one. I've had to do the same thing for quite a few movies released over the last month or two as well. I do believe the latest nightly releases will fix it as well.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
I had to use MakeMKV (I normally do for Blu rays anyway) to get the rip first, then encode with handbrake after for this one. I've had to do the same thing for quite a few movies released over the last month or two as well. I do believe the latest nightly releases will fix it as well.

What nightly releases are you referring to?

dapetrun

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
Western Pennsylvania
Handbrake "Open Source Title Specific"...

When you insert the DVD movie into your Mac, just let the DVD player program begin the movie (or jump thru all the movie trailers) but when the main feature movie begins to play, click on "Go" tab in the DVD Player menu and scroll down to "Title" and note what title number is playing at the beginning of your movie.

Close DVD Player and open Handbrake but close the window that Handbrake opens to scan the DVD and instead click on Handbrake "File" tab to click "Open Source (Title Specific)" and enter the title number that you observed when DVD Player began the movie. This eliminates the scruff that often loads along with many movies and your movie will rip to your hard drive just fine. I transfer all my movies this way for my AppleTV3 to play. Not for Blue Ray movies.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
It works for the dvd I know. Also the nightly probably would help.

Is there something specific in the nightly for title-specific rips or do you mean that the nightlies are generally better for new releases?

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
NC
When you insert the DVD movie into your Mac, just let the DVD player program begin the movie (or jump thru all the movie trailers) but when the main feature movie begins to play, click on "Go" tab in the DVD Player menu and scroll down to "Title" and note what title number is playing at the beginning of your movie.

Close DVD Player and open Handbrake but close the window that Handbrake opens to scan the DVD and instead click on Handbrake "File" tab to click "Open Source (Title Specific)" and enter the title number that you observed when DVD Player began the movie. This eliminates the scruff that often loads along with many movies and your movie will rip to your hard drive just fine. I transfer all my movies this way for my AppleTV3 to play. Not for Blue Ray movies.

This ^

It's how I do EVERY movie since I discovered that many Disney movies had something like a hundred "titles" that were the full feature but the code behind them played the chapters intentionally out of sequence. Since doing to the GO-->TITLE method, my process has been flawless.

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
Is there something specific in the nightly for title-specific rips or do you mean that the nightlies are generally better for new releases?

no, nothing specific over 0.9.8 for title specific but the scan code was improved a bit since then. Either way open source title specific should work.

Also note that you can trigger open source title specific from the normal source browse window (where you pick your source) if you hold down the option key when you click the "Open" button. Its a shortcut for the macgui instead of having to go to the File menu.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Also note that you can trigger open source title specific from the normal source browse window (where you pick your source) if you hold down the option key when you click the "Open" button. Its a shortcut for the macgui instead of having to go to the File menu.

Thanks for the tip! I've found myself using open source title specific more and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.