Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can't claim ownership of the picture.

I have to say I am bone tired - exhausted. I basically been shoveling all day with a smattering of breaks here and there.

Part of the problem is I'd get the driveway cleared away and of course the snow plows come buy and plow me in - happened like 4x times. I expect to be plowed in again tomorrow morning.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
the storm basically missed NYC.
a few inches of nice snow, with no significant effects on traffic or anything else.
spent the day playing and sledding with the kids, under a perfect blue sky. :D

good luck to all who had it bad.

jsolares

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
Land of eternal Spring
I can't claim ownership of the picture.

I have to say I am bone tired - exhausted. I basically been shoveling all day with a smattering of breaks here and there.

Part of the problem is I'd get the driveway cleared away and of course the snow plows come buy and plow me in - happened like 4x times. I expect to be plowed in again tomorrow morning.

why do you keep shoveling? are you going out every time? or just in case you do have to go out?

A curious dweller of the tropics would like to know ;), i haven't experienced much snow.

didn't even have to shovel volcanic ash the last time we had any, i was out of the country that week :D

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
why do you keep shoveling? are you going out every time? or just in case you do have to go out?

A curious dweller of the tropics would like to know ;), i haven't experienced much snow.

didn't even have to shovel volcanic ash the last time we had any, i was out of the country that week :D

It's easier to shovel 6" three times than to shovel 18" once. Plus, the pile the plows leave is VERY heavy and can get quite high if not cleared each time.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
why do you keep shoveling? are you going out every time?

It's easier to shovel 6" three times than to shovel 18" once.
hallux is dead on. Its better to keep ahead of the snow when possible. Plus I took breaks as my noodle arms were getting tired :p

I also shoveled yesterday as I noticed the entrance into the driveway is a bit narrow particularly for my wife's minivan. Plus the second floor deck we have had 4 feet of snow - too much weight so I shoveled that.

6" of snow can be light and fluffy. 24" is heavy and compacted (at least under that first 6")

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Lost power, shovelled for days to get out. Our 32hp backhoe couldn't even go down our driveway without sliding into trees. Spent a whole day just pulling it out!

Yikes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.