Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Iphone 5s will be the first upgrade Ill have missed. Eventually you have to ask yourself if it is real value for money upgrading every time. Dont think it is anymore. They're all so good now and cameras also that improvement are negligible and the upgrades are not cheap.

I hear what you're saying and I think most people could agree, my iPhone 5 cellular telephone / pocket computer does more than what I need day-to-day, so why get the next iteration? I think keeping up with the ever expanding OS itself would be a valid reason to upgrade to new hardware, but the latest version of iOS runs pretty great on the 4S, as well.

I have to take issue with the upgrades "not being cheap", though. My usage stats show that my iPhone is typically in my hand doing something for about 7 hours a day, and that's 365 days a year. That's over 200 hours a month!

For a device that you actively make use of nearly 50% of your waking hours, and that sits reliably on standby the rest of the time, how is the net cost to upgrade not "cheap," or at least an amazing value? Who among us wouldn't "rent" the latest iPhone for only $8/month, the same as Netflix? Because that's about what I have paid out of pocket to own every new version of the iPhone since the 3GS in 2009. :)

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
As if the current battery isn't cra p y enough.. That would be the worst battery ever in a smartphone. I was hoping to see 2000-2200 sized battery in there. Instead of enlarging battery for longer usage time they shorten it, WTF??

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
As if the current battery isn't cra p y enough.. That would be the worst battery ever in a smartphone. I was hoping to see 2000-2200 sized battery in there. Instead of enlarging battery for longer usage time they shorten it, WTF??

This is totally the next iPhone. Totally.:rolleyes:

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?

Yep. They've also taken away the lightning connector. Yay for even MORE new accessories to buy!

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
sd card slot? What is going to happen to icloud then for storage.

This is fake.

so fake. Not even funny.

as if the current battery isn't cra p y enough.. That would be the worst battery ever in a smartphone. I was hoping to see 2000-2200 sized battery in there. Instead of enlarging battery for longer usage time they shorten it, wtf??

fail, this is not an iphone vibrator...

read the ********** article

----------

I don't think you understand... If you had an SD card slot, it would take up room that would probably have been used for more features or a larger SSD. SD card slots waste quite a bit of room. Highly inefficient.

Ah yes, would be a waste of space for an SSD in the iphone. Very astute.

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
I don't think you understand... If you had an SD card slot, it would take up room that would probably have been used for more features or a larger SSD. SD card slots waste quite a bit of room. Highly inefficient.

No, I understand. The question was "why would you want an SD slot on your phone," and the obvious answer to that is "more storage space."

It had nothing to do with the phone being thicker due to the reader or the mechanism or whatever.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada

I rather have external storage than onboard storage. 64GB for ~30.00, you can't beat that price.

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
so someone will go through all this trouble just to post fake photos

sure keep drinking that apple koolaid

u know that causes cancer

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Talk about rich kids

This isn't a fake iPhone5 !

But who knows, perhaps someone's getting ready to fake the expected low-cost iPhone and sell it in the third world before people can spot the difference.

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
so someone will go through all this trouble just to post fake photos

sure keep drinking that apple koolaid

u know that causes cancer

Did someone say Apple Koolaid???
Apple-Kool-Aid.jpg

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
SD card slot would only be useful if iOS had a file management system.

Not necessarily. Data types such as music, videos and photos could automatically be imported into their respective apps for playback, and "send to SD" could show up as an option under the share menu...

But a more comprehensive method would be required in order to actually fully utilize expandable storage, something Apple's probably not willing to implement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.