Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Hey Senseotech any luck or results from the new Airport Express?

Haven't been able to do any testing yet, as the Airport Express has a 3.5mm/mini-TOSLINK plug, while I only have TOSLINK to TOSLINK cables. Got an adapter on order, then ill be able to play around with it

midorosan

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2007
Apple TV sound

Can I jump in here for some help please, I have just purchased a second Apple TV for the bedroom, I also purchased a monitor for playing content from my iMac when I am exercising.
The sound from the monitor is poor and when I connect headphones it does not seem to improve and anyway I am not keen to wear headphones whilst sweating my way through a workout on my stationery bike.
Any suggestions as to how I can improve the sound would be most welcome, my first thoughts are to buy a small pair of speakers and plug them in but the headphone experience seems not to support this unless I get a pair with a built in amplifier but before I know it I'll have the Enterprise set up in the bedroom and Mrs S will not be amused.
I have this feeling that I can do something with the apple TV I am just not sure what, wifi is delivered to the room through Airport Express as part of my total wifi which runs off Airport Extreme.
Any help as always will be much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.