Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Decided I didn't want to just rock another line drawing.. so here's a tribute to The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. :) Enjoy my fellow MacRumors members!

iphonetumblrversion.jpg

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
This would be really cool if you could still use it without smudging or putting a case on it. Ghost-armor style perhaps? You should do it.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
This would be really cool if you could still use it without smudging or putting a case on it. Ghost-armor style perhaps? You should do it.

I put a clear case over it and it kind of bothers me but it seems like the only solution. I'm not sure screen protectors would hold up against the waxy surface of the colored pencil!

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Wow wow just wow! I saw the original painting at the MOMA in New York over Christmas. Maybe we need a section for stuff like you do. Well done.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Oh now you're just showing off...Very well done OP, have you considered doing this as a customizable service? I'm sure there's tons of local and internet people that would love this.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
That is absolutely awesome. One of my favorite paintings next to The Scream.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Would spraying some clear coat work with the wax pencil? You may be onto something here.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Amazing work! Is it easily removable? I'm guessing it did leave some scratches if you did erase the drawing. Is it so?

It doesn't leave any scratches, pencil and colored pencil are way softer than aluminum. :)

I'd like to see the back of the phone after you remove the drawing

It'll be just like it was before the drawing!

Can you attach the image to your post, OP?

I can't view the attachment at work. :(

Here you go man :) http://i.imgur.com/H5Y1REy.jpg

And thanks everyone! ^^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.